Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I wonder if this is just on Mardi Gras...or if it's just in the buffets. I think I ordered a side of bacon every day in the MDR on Panorama. 

I just noticed there's a bacation in the Legend's buffet as well. It's not just Mardi Gras.  I wonder if it's just a buffet thing. There may need to be a bacation investigation on Vista.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

By this time tomorrow, there'll be someone else out here enjoying my balcony... I'll be at the airport waiting to get back home to Atlanta. Hopefully, by the time my next cruise rolls around in May, whatever funk that I'm in will be long gone. According to the latest news, I will have probably succumbed to the "omicron variant" by then. 

PXL_20211203_184529594.jpg

• Like 10

They're supposed to distribute the alcohol purchased on shore and in the on board shops later on. I guess that I'm going to have to take the "snoozing" sign off the door at some point, so he can drop it off. I'm skeptical of allowing him in again after that scouring pad incident yesterday. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

This guy must be the lifeguard. He's standing there, watching carefully, but there isn't a single person in the pool or hot tub.

PXL_20211203_131635889.jpg

Due to a legal technicality they are not life guards. As a direct result of a settlement that was reached between the Carnival Corporation and the plaintiffs, the parents of a child who lost their life in a Princess ship swimming pool that was unattended, all the ships are now required to have an " Aquatic Attendant " present to keep an eye on those in the water. That really is their job title. I asked. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 2

There's a guy who stands at the entrance to the buffet with a huge bag full of masks. If someone doesn't have one, he pulls one out of the bag and gives it to them. I would try to sell some of mine, but if they're giving them away for free, well... You'd be amazed at the number of people outside on the pool deck wearing masks right out in the open air. These people have been watching way too much network news...

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

The further North we go, it's getting quite a bit cooler outside. I still haven't found the usual television somewhere that shows where we are. I've ripped this room apart, and there is no television remote here. I better not get a bill in the mail next week accusing me of taking it. At least the safe works. On my Virgin Voyages cruise, the safe was never operable the entire time. I finally gave up on having them look at it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The further North we go, it's getting quite a bit cooler outside. I still haven't found the usual television somewhere that shows where we are. I've ripped this room apart, and there is no television remote here. I better not get a bill in the mail next week accusing me of taking it. At least the safe works. On my Virgin Voyages cruise, the safe was never operable the entire time. I finally gave up on having them look at it.

ask room steward if he saw it

• Like 1