NA Beers on Regent?

1 hour ago, Sheltieluv said:

BBWC, yes,  Regent does carry alcohol-removed wine.  I remember asking for a bottle for my cabin, and it was always available at the bars and restaurants. After the first couple of nights in Compass Rose, they remembered to bring me some at dinner without my asking. 

Excellent! Thank you.

2 hours ago, Sheltieluv said:

BBWC, yes,  Regent does carry alcohol-removed wine.  I remember asking for a bottle for my cabin, and it was always available at the bars and restaurants. After the first couple of nights in Compass Rose, they remembered to bring me some at dinner without my asking. 

How was it?

On 11/27/2021 at 1:30 AM, Eager2Travel said:

Does anyone know if the non alcoholic versions carry the same amount of glucose impact?

Hope this is not an inappropriate question to ask.  If so just ignore the question.

Generally, the sugar turns into the alcohol. For sugar free you need diet versions

If I'm designated driver I avoid no alcohol versions altogether and go for juice with a decent brand tonic. Heineken and Becks are only 3% or thereabouts to start with, and are definitely not premium brands. I'd go for a US small brewery low % lager instead

The two brands that I recall were Fre` and Ariel, but it's been three years since our last cruise, so other brands may be available now.  There was a merlot, chardonnay, white zin,  and red blend.  I'm no wine connoisseur, so I found each of them perfectly acceptable.   But then, I was drinking $.99 Boone's Farm back in college and thought it was great....😉, so I'm probably not the best judge!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 9:29 AM, mj_holiday said:

For our next cruise I asked my TA to request “Monday”, an NA Gin that makes a very good martini (with a touch of vermouth). If this shows up in our cabin I will ask that it be taken to a lounge for our happy hours. 

We have tried several NA liquors the past month and I really think MONDAY is the best. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1

It’s not alcohol removed but Kim Crawford’s “Illuminate” Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé are about 70 calories  per glass with 7% ABV and are quite good. Depending on your desires, they can be a good option. 

I’ve found alcohol-removed wine to be less-than-desirable with the exception of the Fré sparking which is OK. 

Athlteic Brewing in the US has a great selection of NA beer. One more option to what others have pointed out. 

• 6 months later...

Bringing this topic up again since I'm on conversation with my TA about it for next January.  I've provided her with a list of my preferred beers, but it seems there's provisioning problems so no guarantees.  I didn't even ask about wine, but I'd be fine if they had Fre or something similar.  Since we're sailing from Miami I may bring my own beer, since O'Doul's is not an option.

Funny, there is a much better selection of craft NA beers available in the U.S. than in Canada.  Not unexpected.  But oddly, I'm beginning to see that we have a larger variety of decent NA wines here. For one thing, there's Quebec, where they like their wine and impot and blend their own sometimes. Secondly, we import more from places like Europe and Australia.  Two of the major supermarket chains here in Ontario have their own labels, and the red from Oz is quite decent.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

and the red from Oz is quite decent.

Interesting—I’ve tried a couple NA reds and they were bad. Do you recall the name of this one? 

Also, the Kim Crawford Illuminate brand has a very good Sauvignon Blanc and Rosé that are not NA but are reduced alcohol, around 7% ABV. Depending on someone’s needs or wants, they might be an alternative. 

• Like 1