NA Beers on Regent?

Just thought I'd start this topic.  We're not cruising for 7 months yet, but wondering if Regent bars are known to stock any decent non-alcoholic products, particularly beers, and if not, could I persuade them to either start doing so, or at least stocking some specifically at my request.

(I've given up on the idea of non-alcoholic wines, btw, and beer seems the best alternative since there is a very active non-alcoholic craft beer movement right now, in both North America and Europe.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Just thought I'd start this topic.  We're not cruising for 7 months yet, but wondering if Regent bars are known to stock any decent non-alcoholic products, particularly beers, and if not, could I persuade them to either start doing so, or at least stocking some specifically at my request.

(I've given up on the idea of non-alcoholic wines, btw, and beer seems the best alternative since there is a very active non-alcoholic craft beer movement right now, in both North America and Europe.)

Yes…. We have preordered non alcoholic beer in our preferences. They are listed there. 
Enjoy!

sheila

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Yes…. We have preordered non alcoholic beer in our preferences. They are listed there. 
Enjoy!

sheila

Thanks Sheila.  When you say they are listed there, where do you mean?  Are the online on the website somewhere? (Not in a butlered cabin.)

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Thanks Sheila.  When you say they are listed there, where do you mean?  Are the online on the website somewhere? (Not in a butlered cabin.)

Wendy, Sheila is talking about the Butler form. That form lists two nonalcoholic beers: Buckler and Heineken 0.0.

Dave

• Like 1

We are also interested. I can drink wine but cutting back to one or none per day. We have been experimenting at home with non-alcoholic liquor to make drinks such a a non alcoholic Old Fashioned or Martini. I do not want a sweet, fruity non-alcoholic drink. In Atlanta was are seeing more and more interesting non-alcoholic drinks offered in restaurants. i do not like beer and I have not had a decent non-alcoholic wine.

Our last cruise, they had Heineken 0.0 and Buckler around the ship. Had O’Douls in our refrigerator, I think that is because it is in a can which fits in the refrigerator. 
For our next cruise I asked my TA to request “Monday”, an NA Gin that makes a very good martini (with a touch of vermouth). If this shows up in our cabin I will ask that it be taken to a lounge for our happy hours. 

3 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

Our last cruise, they had Heineken 0.0 and Buckler around the ship. Had O’Douls in our refrigerator, I think that is because it is in a can which fits in the refrigerator. 
For our next cruise I asked my TA to request “Monday”, an NA Gin that makes a very good martini (with a touch of vermouth). If this shows up in our cabin I will ask that it be taken to a lounge for our happy hours. 

We actually have a bottle of MONDAY on order for our home. Our next experiment.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DaveFr said:

Wendy, Sheila is talking about the Butler form. That form lists two nonalcoholic beers: Buckler and Heineken 0.0.

Dave

Yes, I knew what she was talking about which is why I said we were in a non-butler cabin.  I wonder if you can request some other kind.  Heineken 0.0 is an acceptable stop-gap, drinkable. I'm in Florida right now, and ordered my fave Canadian brand, Partake, and it got delivered in 6 days, from Calgary.  I wonder if Regent would do that for me, i.e., stock a particular brand that I wanted?

18 hours ago, travelwell said:

We are also interested. I can drink wine but cutting back to one or none per day. We have been experimenting at home with non-alcoholic liquor to make drinks such a a non alcoholic Old Fashioned or Martini. I do not want a sweet, fruity non-alcoholic drink. In Atlanta was are seeing more and more interesting non-alcoholic drinks offered in restaurants. i do not like beer and I have not had a decent non-alcoholic wine.

Lisa, I was never much of a beer drinker, except for trips to the U.K. or Europe, but then we started spending half the year in Dunedin, FL.  This little town now has 8 microbreweries, and some of it is truly wonderful stuff and there's wonderful craft beer all over North America now.  I grew to really enjoy some of them, and now that there is a whole craft NA beer renaissance, I'm riding on that, since there are so few non-sweet NA drinks to be had.  I also gave up artificial sweeteners some time ago so that really limits things.  Club soda or Perrier just gets so boring after a while.

There are some awful NA beers.  I consider O'Doul's to be one of those.  Many of the mainstream brands are bland and just as awful as their alcoholic counterparts. 

I have not even tried with the non-alcoholic wine--I believe there aren't any decent ones, although someone can attempt to change my mind. The NA spirits I'm definitely open to.

5 minutes ago, Eager2Travel said:

Does anyone know if the non alcoholic versions carry the same amount of glucose impact?

Hope this is not an inappropriate question to ask.  If so just ignore the question.

I think legit question. MONDAY advertises Zero carbs, zero calories, . I have a bottle being shipped to me. We shall see.

Wendy, you got me thinking I may have to try some non alcoholic craft beers…

2 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

Does anyone know if the non alcoholic versions carry the same amount of glucose impact?

Hope this is not an inappropriate question to ask.  If so just ignore the question.

The same glucose impact as their alcoholic version? Not a familiar subject to me. Each beer would be different, you'd have to check. Some jurisdictions seem to demand more info than others on the product label; California for instance doesn't even seem to list calories. 

We like a non-alcoholic beer at home on those (more rare than they should be) days when we don’t drink alcohol. The trouble is, of course, that unlike ‘real’ beer or lager, they have a lot more sugar:

‘10.5g of carbs and 0g of sugar in a 330ml bottle of standard Heineken (5%) vs 15.8gof carbs and 4.3g of sugar in a 330ml bottle of Heineken “0.0” (0%)’

We find Heineken 0.0 very sweet. Becks is better:

‘46 calories (13 per 100ml) is quite low compared to other alcohol-free beers. The carb and sugar content – 10.2g of carbohydrates and 0.7g of sugar per 330ml bottle – is also low compared to similar beers such as Heineken 0.0.’

From what I can see, Buckler has a huge amount of sugar. Oh dear, seems we may have to stick to champagne on board. Shame!

9 hours ago, claranda said:

We like a non-alcoholic beer at home on those (more rare than they should be) days when we don’t drink alcohol. The trouble is, of course, that unlike ‘real’ beer or lager, they have a lot more sugar:

I just checked the label of my personal favourite, a Canadian company called Partake (which is available in the States too.)  I've been drinking it for six months, and love it enough to order it online here in Florida, for delivery from Calgary--it took about 5 days.  But it's available here at my local Total Wines.

This is their "Pale".  In a 12 fl.oz. can, there's 10 calories, 0 carbs, and <0.5% alcohol.

They also have an IPA which is quite nice, a Dark (which has more calories), and a Blonde.

(Edited to add:  Apparently the Lagunitas Hop Water is also 0 carbs.  Not really a beer, but nice and refreshing.)

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

4 hours ago, travelwell said:

Okay, I will have to try some NA beers. My goal on the cruise is to keep wine to a glass a day and stick to NA the rest but I do not want added calories. Sugar content important. I may have to try some of the beers.

That's what it boils down to, really.  I'd rather be drinking wine too, but any port in a storm, as they say.

• 4 weeks later...

When we were on the Splendor Nov.-Dec. they had a number of NA cocktails available.  Tried a couple.  They were delicious, but far from low calorie.  Does removing the alcohol substantially reduce the calorie count of beer or wine?  Inquiring minds want to know.

30 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

When we were on the Splendor Nov.-Dec. they had a number of NA cocktails available.  Tried a couple.  They were delicious, but far from low calorie.  Does removing the alcohol substantially reduce the calorie count of beer or wine?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I agree, most NA cocktails are full of sugar.  As for NA beer, it varies.  My favourite, Partake Pale, is great--no carbs at all, 10 calories per 355ml can--even their Dark (stout) has only 30 calories. Others are higher. My second fave, for instance, LagunitasIPNA has I think 80 or 90 calories a bottle.

BBWC, yes,  Regent does carry alcohol-removed wine.  I remember asking for a bottle for my cabin, and it was always available at the bars and restaurants. After the first couple of nights in Compass Rose, they remembered to bring me some at dinner without my asking.