Enough is Enough

Fighterone

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

But aren’t we assuming that the majority of customers are treated “like cargo”?

I’m going on my first MSC cruise in a week. Gonna see for myself what things are like. I don’t think people are lying with the complaints. On the other hand, there are many other lines competing with MSC and MSC continues to attract passengers and is growing fast. Curious. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I’m going on my first MSC cruise in a week. Gonna see for myself what things are like. I don’t think people are lying with the complaints. On the other hand, there are many other lines competing with MSC and MSC continues to attract passengers and is growing fast. Curious. 

I can assure you that you won’t be treated like cargo. I’m fairly certain when that comment was made it was about the “before cruise”  customer service or lack there of that some have encountered. 

Maybe I’m a glass half full person but I can’t think of a bad cruise on any line I’ve sailed with.

I’ve always enjoyed myself. Has every aspect been perfect? No, but the good outweighs those things in my case. 

Heck if I’m on vacation and not working, cooking and doing laundry I’m happy. 
I guess I must be easy to please. 

I feel very grateful to be able to travel especially now after what we’ve all lived through the last year and a half. 

edit to add

To be clear I do not think anyone is lying when they tell us about their problems with MSC.

I just don’t think that it’s happening to the majority of passengers. We hear about it on here which is why it seems to be the case. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 3

Just now, styles27 said:

I can assure you that you won’t be treated like cargo.

I don't know, I have already been treated like crap on several issues with MSC. You have been following some of my issues.

Will be interesting to see what I can do about it next week while I am on board in YC.

• Like 3

Just now, mscdivina2016 said:

I don't know, I have already been treated like crap on several issues with MSC. You have been following some of my issues.

Will be interesting to see what I can do about it next week while I am on board in YC.

All of your issues have been before the actual cruise though. 
I haven’t heard you say you’ve been mistreated by any of the staff on board any of their ships. 

5 hours ago, zekekelso said:

That one is easy.  Price - by quite a margin.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, Fighterone said:
We selected 19002 on  MSC Seashore for the March sailing  20 months ago but MSC's incompetent staff moved us to 19003 which is port side and with no view of Ocean Cay at all unless they dock backwards. This cabin, 19002,  is between 2 grand suites and cannot be subject to be a  part of a block of cabins to quarantine anyone. 

When they decided to move everyone to GUAs when they reformulated their cabin design on November 15th, they showed a total lack of care for customers by reassigning cabins without even checking which ones had previously been selected by their loyal customers. There are 4 of us (8 couples and 2 kids) on this sailing that I know of who have been moved. 

We understand it's their right to do this but their customer service, their website, their phone wait times have finally done us in despite the wonderful experience in YC. Customers have their limits. 

Pure incompetence and lack of care for their customers!

It's the third time (2 pre-pandemic) out of 7 sailings MSC switches our cabin and the only cruise line out of 15 cruise lines we have sailed on to EVER have done this.

I'd love to read your post but the 2001 Geocities font makes my eyes bleed.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, buckeye25osu said:

4 hours ago, buckeye25osu said:

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to change the font to italics. Here it is with regular font, easier to read.  I sure would have edited it if I had realized it sooner. You are evidently new to CC with only 15 posts and may not realize that you have a very limited amount of time to edit posts. 

We selected 19002 on  MSC Seashore for the March sailing  20 months ago but MSC's incompetent staff moved us to 19003 which is port side and with no view of Ocean Cay at all unless they dock backwards. This cabin, 19002,  is between 2 grand suites and cannot be subject to be a  part of a block of cabins to quarantine anyone. 

When they decided to move everyone to GUAs when they reformulated their cabin design on November 15th, they showed a total lack of care for customers by reassigning cabins without even checking which ones had previously been selected by their loyal customers. There are 4 of us (8 couples and 2 kids) on this sailing that I know of who have been moved. 

We understand it's their right to do this but their customer service, their website, their phone wait times have finally done us in despite the wonderful experience in YC. Customers have their limits. 

Pure incompetence and lack of care for their customers!

It's the third time (2 pre-pandemic) out of 7 sailings MSC switches our cabin and the only cruise line out of 15 cruise lines we have sailed on to EVER have done this.”

Edited by Fighterone
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, styles27 said:

All of your issues have been before the actual cruise though. 
I haven’t heard you say you’ve been mistreated by any of the staff on board any of their ships. 

I actually have been,twice.

Shore excursions manager on a 30 day Northern Europe cruise and a maintenance crew member on a 14 day Med cruise.

Both events were recorded or I would not have been believed by a manager at customer service.

• Like 1