Question for Diamonds and Platinums re. boarding

groundloop

We're a couple of cruises away from being Platinum.  Our adult daughter will be sailing with us in her own cabin on the cruise where we attain Platinum status.  Will she be able to board with us in the first group, or would she have to wait (in which case we'd probably just forego the priority and wait to board with her)?

19 minutes ago, Cruise, J.D. said:

As of now priority boarding for Platinums and Diamonds is suspended. Platinums and Diamonds get to sign up 2 days earlier for a boarding time (16 days before vs. 14). 

I guess I should have mentioned that I was asking in terms of when/if things get back to "normal" since this particular cruise is well into next year.

46 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

Maybe they will do away with platinum priority and keep it for diamonds and fttf

If CCL decided to implement that, then I imagine they would continue to keep those passengers who booked suites as well, since priority check in and boarding are some of the perks on the CCL website for suites.

8 hours ago, groundloop said:

We're a couple of cruises away from being Platinum.  Our adult daughter will be sailing with us in her own cabin on the cruise where we attain Platinum status.  Will she be able to board with us in the first group, or would she have to wait (in which case we'd probably just forego the priority and wait to board with her)?

As others have said you don’t get priority boarding…but basically you do. You get to pick your arrival time two days before everyone else so you get the earliest arrival time. Then it’s zones. On Panorama a diamond was A01. I was platinum and had A02. So I boarded within the first 5-10 mins of boarding.

What I would recommend under this system is make sure your daughter picks her time as soon as the times are available to everyone. Maybe she can at least get the same arrival time as you…or a close one. Then it will just be about zones. But if you want to actually board together you’ll have to wait for her time. She can’t board with you unless she’s in your room.

Edited by Saint Greg

13 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, which of those two groups are you in?

It doesnt matter, if it is a perk it should not be offered to a third of the ship. They will have to change this to sustain it. Who knows what they will do though, but I have never seen a company's "ambassador " try so hard to turn their own company's customers against one another. It seems like he wants people to say things like "I dont cruise for perks" and "platinum and diamond cruisers feel entitled" etc.. so that when they get rid of those loyalty levels there wont be such an outcry. 

It seems also to me that he is gaslighting the red and yellow card holders to make then feel like maybe they really dont want to be platinum.

Ok, I've said enough that can be argued about, I suppose.

• Like 1