At What Capacity Are Ships Sailing in December?

HLR

On 12/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, HLR said:

Hi All!

Booked on the Legend for Christmas out of Baltimore. Seems like there are very few cabins showing as still available. What do people out there know about the capacity they are booking as of now?

Howard

According to Guest Services, the Mardi Gras sailed at 97% capacity last week (04-11 Dec). Some of that can be attributed to the Horizon cancellations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

According to Guest Services, the Mardi Gras sailed at 97% capacity last week (04-11 Dec). Some of that can be attributed to the Horizon cancellations.

Did you think the ship felt crowded at all?

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

To me, not at all. There was plenty of room around all of the pools (granted, the best seats were taken early but there was always a seat open).They only time I noticed it being crowed was when lines started forming for the comedy shows right after the prior show started (though they usually got everyone in line into the show). For some reason, the Punchline seemed to have longer lines than the Limelight Lounge. Longest line at Big Chicken was about 15 people at the beginning of the cruise and then that dwindled. JavaBlue would have a fairly long line around 0900 as everyone wanted specialty coffee but even those went quick. I was very surprised it didn't feel more crowded at 97%.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thatoneguyyouknow said:

I was on the Mardi Gras the 4th to 11th. I had heard 4500 guests vs full capacity of 5200. If it was actually full that's a really well designed ship. Comedy club, alchemy and fortune teller were the only places that ever felt busy. Alchemy and fortune teller weren't that bad. 

I would agree, was on that sailing also.  I never felt "crowded" and some areas felt deserted (so many food options Lido buffet area was pretty empty most times).  Havana bar was extremely busy at times, and Grand Central had full crowds.  Summer Landing seemed to have a good amount of folks.   Have no idea what the count truly was, I've heard a couple different numbers.

1 hour ago, balcony bound said:

I would agree, was on that sailing also.  I never felt "crowded" and some areas felt deserted (so many food options Lido buffet area was pretty empty most times).  Havana bar was extremely busy at times, and Grand Central had full crowds.  Summer Landing seemed to have a good amount of folks.   Have no idea what the count truly was, I've heard a couple different numbers.

I never asked for a pax count (probably should have). Was just told it was 97% last week at guest services.

28 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

I never asked for a pax count (probably should have). Was just told it was 97% last week at guest services.

I was told 75% by one of the crew members, but who knows.  I took a look the week before to see how many cabins were still available - I quit counting at about 160 available and also knew I couldn't see them all, was just trying to get a sense.  In the end, made no difference whether I knew or not.  Didn't feel cramped and that's pretty much all that affected me at the moment.

Hope you enjoyed the cruise.

47 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

So if it felt empty, how could it be 97%?

I never said it felt empty. Far from it. I only said it did not fill as full as I would have expected at 97% which leads me to believe the builders did a good job of planning things out so that it wouldn't feel full. Similar to how it feels on an Oasis class ship on Royal.

28 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

I was told 75% by one of the crew members, but who knows.  I took a look the week before to see how many cabins were still available - I quit counting at about 160 available and also knew I couldn't see them all, was just trying to get a sense.  In the end, made no difference whether I knew or not.  Didn't feel cramped and that's pretty much all that affected me at the moment.

Hope you enjoyed the cruise.

Had a blast. While there probably was a lot of cabins available a week prior to the cruise I believe many were taken by those who had planned to sail the Horizon and moved due the cancellation of their Horizon cruises. I know I met at least 4 couples there because of the Horizon cancellation.

2 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

I never said it felt empty. Far from it. I only said it did not fill as full as I would have expected at 97% which leads me to believe the builders did a good job of planning things out so that it wouldn't feel full. Similar to how it feels on an Oasis class ship on Royal.

9 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

To me, not at all. There was plenty of room around all of the pools (granted, the best seats were taken early but there was always a seat open).They only time I noticed it being crowed was when lines started forming for the comedy shows right after the prior show started (though they usually got everyone in line into the show). For some reason, the Punchline seemed to have longer lines than the Limelight Lounge. Longest line at Big Chicken was about 15 people at the beginning of the cruise and then that dwindled. JavaBlue would have a fairly long line around 0900 as everyone wanted specialty coffee but even those went quick. I was very surprised it didn't feel more crowded at 97%.

Off the Vista yesterday, was told there were 3,000 guests. It felt empty, I never stood in a line.  Was also told the cruise that followed had over 4,000.  Every mailbox had cards in them when I boarded, on my deck anyway,

Just a thought, but i saw less than five children the whole cruise, and very few teens.  Perhaps almost all cabins were sold, but a majority only had 2 guests.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSeagoer said:
  9 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

To me, not at all. There was plenty of room around all of the pools (granted, the best seats were taken early but there was always a seat open).They only time I noticed it being crowed was when lines started forming for the comedy shows right after the prior show started (though they usually got everyone in line into the show). For some reason, the Punchline seemed to have longer lines than the Limelight Lounge. Longest line at Big Chicken was about 15 people at the beginning of the cruise and then that dwindled. JavaBlue would have a fairly long line around 0900 as everyone wanted specialty coffee but even those went quick. I was very surprised it didn't feel more crowded at 97%.

Still failing to see the word "empty". Maybe you'd care to point it out. I said it didn't feel crowded. Huge variation between not crowded and empty.