Been on hold with Carnival for three hours now.

asalligo

On 12/4/2021 at 7:25 AM, ontheweb said:

Why don't people use TAs and let them deal with the long holds? Is being on hold forever part of the benefit of having control of your booking?

Nope!  If I call my TA by phone, I get a recording that says how sorry they are that they cannot answer now and that it may take 3 to 5 days before a reply.  No, I am not kidding.  So then after 10  calls or so to Carnival (same problem), they say they cannot deal with me directly and that I have to call my TA.  Remember in the olden days when they actually had customer satisfaction.  Those days are over with and replaced by computers.  isn't progress great? ........................................Not always!

Edited by richfret
Spelling

On 12/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, scottasp said:

After my Horizon cruise for Dec 11th was cancelled I called my PVP for 3 days asking him to call me back to reschedule something else for that week. When he called me back last night I told him I was booked on Allure of the Seas exact same days. Just had him apply my money to a cruise we have booked next year. I don't have the patience for three hours on hold.

The Dec 11 people got a full refund and  a free future cruise. Just curious why you didn't take the refund? When I glanced at cruises for the same day on other lines, the prices were relatively cheap which makes the overall cancelation a great benefit for many.

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

The Dec 11 people got a full refund and  a free future cruise. Just curious why you didn't take the refund? When I glanced at cruises for the same day on other lines, the prices were relatively cheap which makes the overall cancelation a great benefit for many.

I just transferred that money to the second of a back to back we have booked for next year. Financially it worked out well for me. I didn't think I would have got the refund before the cruise I booked anyway, so just applied it and the FCC to Havana room next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richfret said:

Nope!  If I call my TA by phone, I get a recording that says how sorry they are that they cannot answer now and that it may take 3 to 5 days before a reply.  No, I am not kidding.  So then after 10  calls or so to Carnival (same problem), they say they cannot deal with me directly and that I have to call my TA.  Remember in the olden days when they actually had customer satisfaction.  Those days are over with and replaced by computers.  isn't progress great? ........................................Not always!

I would recommend you get a different TA. If I was allowed to, I would recommend the one we have been using, but alas the rules of cc do not allow that.