Moon FLL to FLL

zqtchas

Boarded 12/2.  Arrived 11A by private car. Big mistake, had to wait outside until 1P to enter. We were at the head of the line. Our bags with 

our valuables got stuck in the inside of the baggage screening machine. By the time they got unstuck we were near the end of the line.

While waiting to get checked in a man on a three wheel scooter ahead of us made a share turn and rolled over like if you can remember 

on “laugh-in”. He was uprighted and proceeded to testing. As usual our passport numbers did not match what was on our key card for about the

6th time.  By 2:30 we were in the promised land ……. Moon.

We had a late lunch by the pool near a large gathering believed to be corporate, who skids were greased for entry. Overhead one commented 

she was going to look for Barbra. (?)

Had dinner  and. Lunch today in the Alantide, very popular. So far it has been Itialian style  …… awhile between courses!

tonight is formal.

That’s all for now

btw: just had to show a phone picture of my vax.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Boarded 12/2.  Arrived 11A by private car. Big mistake, had to wait outside until 1P to enter. We were at the head of the line. Our bags with 

our valuables got stuck in the inside of the baggage screening machine. By the time they got unstuck we were near the end of the line.

While waiting to get checked in a man on a three wheel scooter ahead of us made a share turn and rolled over like if you can remember 

on “laugh-in”. He was uprighted and proceeded to testing. As usual our passport numbers did not match what was on our key card for about the

6th time.  By 2:30 we were in the promised land ……. Moon.

We had a late lunch by the pool near a large gathering believed to be corporate, who skids were greased for entry. Overhead one commented 

she was going to look for Barbra. (?)

Had dinner  and. Lunch today in the Alantide, very popular. So far it has been Itialian style  …… awhile between courses!

tonight is formal.

That’s all for now

btw: just had to show a phone picture of my vax.

Glad to hear you are now safely ensconced!  At least the beginning wrinkles seem to have been ironed away by the pleasure of being aboard!  Savour the joy!  🥰

• Like 1

Roberto Martinoli and Barbara Muckermann are on board as well as other SS executives and many travel agents. We are 309 passengers altogether. Some (or most?) of those invited guests will disembark as soon as tomorrow in Cozumel. The Silver Moon will become a ghost ship! 

BTW- We traveled to FLA via Amtrak auto train DC to Orlando. We had the cheapest 

sleeper. You have a choice of seats or bunk beds, not both. It is the longest passenger train in the US. It carried 130+ cars. There was the largest collection of scooters and walkers  I’ve ever seen. The quarters were so small that I now know why so many people were in clothing that like pajamas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

No,just a suit. It was surprising how many could not comprehend formal.

They were either offered a tie or turned away .

Julian Smith, RM is in charge.

Interesting, on our Moon crossing I only saw one inappropriately dressed guest and that was on an informal night. On the two formal nights there appeared to be total compliance.

Have a great trip Charles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One more day of the noisy corp group!

Have been surprised by the number of worker bees who

have recognized us from previous cruises. One even remembered our usual drink. They really are chatty about the good old days

(and an occasional not so good old day).

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zqtchas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.867fcb00c39cffc2e6c40252da65c6aa.jpegDoing our part.

Is this a thing?! Should I be bringing ornaments to hang on the suite number when we embark on Dec 18?! We want to do our part as well!! Especially for Deck 7...😇

Edited by mofrances
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:50 PM, mofrances said:

Is this a thing?! Should I be bringing ornaments to hang on the suite number when we embark on Dec 18?! We want to do our part as well!! Especially for Deck 7...😇

It’s just something a lot of repeat cruisers do, especially on the theme cruises. Magnets work very well.

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 1