Moon FLL to FLL

zqtchas

Dinner tonight was nice and peaceful. We have secured a table that is most of the time 

quiet with an attentive waiter.    ……….. so far!  We eat mostly In the atlantide since we are not interest in experimental  tasting.

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 1:50 AM, mofrances said:

Is this a thing?! Should I be bringing ornaments to hang on the suite number when we embark on Dec 18?! We want to do our part as well!! Especially for Deck 7...😇

It certainly helps with the festive spirit when you are walking down the corridors for those that are celebrating the festive period, and greatly appreciated by those who participate.

Could you possibly ask someone what's the likely plans for the start of the South American Circumnavigation.... And how they propose to get around the hole on the voyage (Peru) and how they intend to embark/disembark guests?

Ecuador doesn't seem feasible because of Chile's strict entry for new guests and similar would apply if it was a Chile start. Too many sea days to be logistically viable.

With Omicron, SS can't possibly be banking on Peru opening up now.

As expected no one in the London offices know, but this issue must be near the top of their headache lists!

22 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Still having problems connecting to CC, don’t know if it’s me, the ship or CC.

It seems cruel to "like" your post Chas!  Hence no reaction but sympathy for your frustration!  Sit back, relax and enjoy your adventure!  The social media gods will give up on tormenting you! 😁

31 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d5878932daeac06a6736bd7fb730b1f3.jpegTataken from deck 10 looking down. The actual photo was brighter and looked prettier!

This morning we woke to non working vacuum toilets.

Beautiful Chas!  You have a good eye for stunning!  Hope the issue has been resolved with the toilet!  

• Like 2

On 12/4/2021 at 7:01 PM, Stumblefoot said:

Considering pre-pandemic crew capacity was 302, there must be a large turnover about to occur after this voyage.

If I am not mistaken pre-pandemic crew capacity of the Moon was 411. So at 407 we are having a full crew. Knowing that 48 agents left us yesterday we are about 250 passengers on board now. Ratio is not too bad 😉

• Like 1

Looked at the SALT menu today. Looked like our many ethnic restaurants back home.

The Atlantide menu is the one that is in the minority. The food their is very good. 

M, the loo was good to go when we got back from our tour.

For some reason our room attendant likes to reach back in the dark corner where we 

throw our laundry and nicely fold them up!

Oh btw a resupply at FLL came in the day after we left!!

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Looked at the SALT menu today. Looked like our many ethnic restaurants back home.

The Atlantide menu is the one that is in the minority. The food their is very good. 

M, the loo was good to go when we got back from our tour.

For some reason our room attendant likes to reach back in the dark corner where we 

throw our laundry and nicely fold them up!

Oh btw a resupply at FLL came in the day after we left!!

Good to hear that the loo is good to go!  Interesting choice of wording! 🤣

Obviously you need to find a different hiding spot for your laundry.   Maybe in your safe?  🤣

Enjoy Chas and Mrs. Chas! 🥰

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

If I am not mistaken pre-pandemic crew capacity of the Moon was 411. So at 407 we are having a full crew. Knowing that 48 agents left us yesterday we are about 250 passengers on board now. Ratio is not too bad 😉

True.  Ratio is incredible.  But, I didn’t think they were running full crews since they’re restricting the passenger load.  Hence why I figured they were carrying extra crew in quarantine in order to be ready for the holiday voyage after yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

True.  Ratio is incredible.  But, I didn’t think they were running full crews since they’re restricting the passenger load.  Hence why I figured they were carrying extra crew in quarantine in order to be ready for the holiday voyage after yours.

When captain told us there were 407 crew members on board it did not specify whether it included those in quarantine or not. Thus I cannot tell you how active crew members there are at the moment. 

1 hour ago, SSCAF001 said:

When captain told us there were 407 crew members on board it did not specify whether it included those in quarantine or not. Thus I cannot tell you how active crew members there are at the moment. 

Totally understand and didn’t expect you too.  I was just thinking out loud.

Enjoy your voyage!

Had dinner in the restaurant last night. It was almost full house. The special was 

excellent, Dover Sole with Lyonnaise potatoes and a favorite white wine I will not reveal 

yet because Mr Silver was right. They made a big dent in the Vouray and an almost disastrous one in the Tiki. Replacement evidently didn’t appear at FLL.

Cloudy day today enroute  to Costa Rica. We are fat, dumb, and happy!

loving my M & M’s

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Yikes we have more pax on the Whisper!!

No wonder its crowded.

Enjoy your time on the extraordinary Moon!!!

I have never seen a critical thing from Lois anywhere. She is a real go with the flow person. 

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, les37b said:

Could you possibly ask someone what's the likely plans for the start of the South American Circumnavigation.... And how they propose to get around the hole on the voyage (Peru) and how they intend to embark/disembark guests?

Ecuador doesn't seem feasible because of Chile's strict entry for new guests and similar would apply if it was a Chile start. Too many sea days to be logistically viable.

With Omicron, SS can't possibly be banking on Peru opening up now.

As expected no one in the London offices know, but this issue must be near the top of their headache lists!

Have just checked with Emmalee here on board. She has been in contact with the reps elsewhere & the London one was on board yesterday & they are all up to date. 
Peru is still closed. Chile is still on as is Quiarial (sp).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Have just checked with Emmalee here on board. She has been in contact with the reps elsewhere & the London one was on board yesterday & they are all up to date. 
Peru is still closed. Chile is still on as is Quiarial (sp).

Funnily enough, less than 2 hours ago, we had confirmation that we now being kicked of in Guayaquil and we lose some ports and gain a few. (The same as yours I think.) They have already amended the flights home and luckily we get a better set of times on KLM, so happy with that. We should be home in time to get the 2 day PCR out the way on arrival and miss any quarantine.

I really can't work out how they will get around the logistics for Chile which I know SS got special dispensation which I'm sure this will exceed that arrangement criteria.

Thank you for asking, appreciated. I will follow along even more intently now given your first leg is identical again to mine (I think!)

Edited by les37b
  • Thanks 2