Discount on upgrading to Premium drink package?

michaeljc70

20 hours ago, D C said:

A whopping $8 or so for us 'almost-elites'. 

I'd rather wait to book onboard and upgrade at the bar where I'll be frequenting so that the bartenders there get extra $$ in their pockets for selling the upgrade.

For me the upgrade to the PBP was only worth it for the sparkling water and large bottles of Evian. Most of the wines and martinis on this package are priced at $11 and the wine choices are not that great unless you want to drink Caymus or Opus which is an upcharge of another $10 or so. 

Last week we cruised on the Silhouette and prior to cruise we tried to use our discount to upgrade to premium thru home computer and then tried to call twice. After spending many minutes on the phone on hold, I decided I would try on the ship. Usually we go to Cafe al Bacio and do it but I decided to go to Guest Services and use the discount of Elite plus. I found out like many of you that you can do only prior to boarding by calling CC. (Hard to believe with wait times when calling so long while you would force people to call) Anyway, I asked the Guest relations person on board anyway. Well she listened and she then upgraded us by billing regular price and said she would take our story, give us our upgrade, and then she would ask her supervisor and he would decide whether to grant the discount. Well like most Celebrity problems that have happened with us if you bring your problem to someone of authority on the ship they take care of it. Days later we got the discount onboard. I still do not understand why they do not set up their computer system to give discount on line in the first place. Then it would feel like a perk.

By the way the cruise was outstanding and one of the best in 62 cruises. It is nice with only 1300 people on board.  

32 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

Last week we cruised on the Silhouette and prior to cruise we tried to use our discount to upgrade to premium thru home computer and then tried to call twice. After spending many minutes on the phone on hold, I decided I would try on the ship. Usually we go to Cafe al Bacio and do it but I decided to go to Guest Services and use the discount of Elite plus. I found out like many of you that you can do only prior to boarding by calling CC. (Hard to believe with wait times when calling so long while you would force people to call) Anyway, I asked the Guest relations person on board anyway. Well she listened and she then upgraded us by billing regular price and said she would take our story, give us our upgrade, and then she would ask her supervisor and he would decide whether to grant the discount. Well like most Celebrity problems that have happened with us if you bring your problem to someone of authority on the ship they take care of it. Days later we got the discount onboard. I still do not understand why they do not set up their computer system to give discount on line in the first place. Then it would feel like a perk.

By the way the cruise was outstanding and one of the best in 62 cruises. It is nice with only 1300 people on board.  

I was on the November 12th Silhouette sailing and found guest relations excellent to deal with. There were 1200 passengers onboard and the cruise was wonderful.  On sea days I spent my time by the pool... was so nice to always be able to find a lounger.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

... Most of the wines ...  on this package are priced at $11 ...

Hello, "drakes2."

The way that you have worded your comment, above, may lead some readers to assume (mistakenly) that very few wines are available, by the glass, at $12 or $13 or $14 or $15.  Actually, there are more than just a few.

~~ 1.  We know that certain ones are available only in the specialty restaurants, although we cannot provide a list at the moment.

~~ 2.  Some may be available only in Blu or in Luminae, but we aren't sure about that.

~~ 3.  Some are available in the MDR -- including these:

SPARKLING
Brut Icone, Cattier ........................15

WHITE
Chardonnay, Mer Soleil .....................14
White Blend, Conundrum, California .........13

RED
Cabernet Sauvignon, Decoy ..................14
Bordeaux Blend, Mouton Cadet................13
Merlot, Kiona ..............................13
Pinot Noir, Cherry Tart.....................14
Primitivo, Layer Cake.......................12
Red Blend, Conundrum .......................13
Malbec, Alta Vista..........................12
Proprietary Red Blend, Celebrity Cruises....14

~~ 4.  Some are available in Cellar Masters or in Craft Social -- including these:

WHITE
Chardonnay, J. Lohr: "Riverstone"...........12
Pinot Gris, Elk Cove........................14
Albarino, Terras Gauda......................12
White Blend, Bertani, "Due Uve".............13

RED
Meritage, Lyeth.............................12
Grenache, Yangarra..........................13

It is also not necessary to jump another $10 for something better, as evidenced by this short list from Cellar Masters:

Riesling, Bruendlmeier...................16
Chardonnay, Opulence Celebrity/Grgich....16
Sauvignon Blanc, Grgich Hills............16
Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Mont-Redon .........22

Edited by jg51

5 hours ago, chamima said:

Has anyone gotten an extra discount on upgrading during this current 30% off sale on excursions, etc.?

Yes, we sale on the 28th Jan and upgraded over the phone. Not sure what the extra discount was (we are select) but I was charged about $9.40 per day £7.18

39 minutes ago, jg51 said:

Hello, "drakes2."

The way that you have worded your comment, above, may lead some readers to assume (mistakenly) that very few wines are available, by the glass, at $12 or $13 or $14 or $15.  Actually, there are more than just a few.

~~ 1.  We know that certain ones are available only in the specialty restaurants, although we cannot provide a list at the moment.

~~ 2.  Some may be available only in Blu or in Luminae, but we aren't sure about that.

~~ 3.  Some are available in the MDR -- including these:

SPARKLING
Brut Icone, Cattier ........................15

WHITE
Chardonnay, Mer Soleil .....................14
White Blend, Conundrum, California .........13

RED
Cabernet Sauvignon, Decoy ..................14
Bordeaux Blend, Mouton Cadet................13
Merlot, Kiona ..............................13
Pinot Noir, Cherry Tart.....................14
Primitivo, Layer Cake.......................12
Red Blend, Conundrum .......................13

~~ 4.  Some are available in Cellar Masters or in Craft Social -- including these:

WHITE
Chardonnay, J. Lohr: "Riverstone"...........12
Pinot Gris, Elk Cove........................14
Albarino, Terras Gauda......................12
White Blend, Bertani, "Due Uve".............13

RED
Meritage, Lyeth.............................12
Grenache, Yangarra..........................13

It is also not necessary to jump another $10 for something better, as evidenced by this short list from Cellar Masters:

Riesling, Bruendlmeier...................16
Chardonnay, Opulence Celebrity/Grgich....16
Sauvignon Blanc, Grgich Hills............16
Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Mont-Redon .........22

I stand corrected -- you are right there are some wines over the $11.00 price mark. Probably as I am a mostly a red cab drinker I only took note of those particular wines. I did not eat in specialty restaurants so can't comment on their offerings. Also just in case anyone is interested there is no cherry tart pinot it has been replaced by cherry pie and it was personally not to my taste also several others. It is still listed on the menu as cherry pie. 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I stand corrected -- you are right there are some wines over the $11.00 price mark. Probably as I am a mostly a red cab drinker I only took note of those particular wines. I did not eat in specialty restaurants so can't comment on their offerings. Also just in case anyone is interested there is no cherry tart pinot it has been replaced by cherry pie and it was personally not to my taste also several others. It is still listed on the menu as cherry pie. 

I don't see the need that you should stand corrected.  You did not say "all" were you just said in your experience "most" were.  Happy sailing!

• Like 1