Cheers Programs and Cruise Cash Bar

mjohns2

Can the Cruise Cash Bar be used for tips?

Long story short, my brother's and I are going on a cruise and we purchased the Cheers Program for ourselves. When we booked our cruise, we received $500 on board credit.

I normally tip and extra $1 with each drink I get. When I tip that extra $1, will the money come out of the Cruise Cash Bar (Credit) or will it be taken from the on board credit?

Yes, any charges you make to your account, including tips, will be deducted from OBC that you have before it is charged to your card.

Cruise Cash is like putting cash on your account ahead of time, and yes, that is used like OBC so it would be used for any charges made with your sail and sign before charging your chosen method of payment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mjohns2 said:

Long story short, my brother's and I are going on a cruise and we purchased the Cheers Program for ourselves. When we booked our cruise, we received $500 on board credit.

I normally tip and extra $1 with each drink I get. When I tip that extra $1, will the money come out of the Cruise Cash Bar (Credit) or will it be taken from the on board credit?

Why would you buy Cruise Cash Bar and Cheers? Cancel the one or the other, you don't need CCB if you have Cheers.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mjohns2 said:

Cheers and Cruise Cash bar are 2 totally different things.  Cheers is the package you purchase for alcohol/drinks and tips are included in that purchase.

Cruise Cash Bar is purchased in smaller denominations (up to $500 per cabin) and can only be used for bar purchases.  Use it or lose it.  Bar tips can be used from that.

On board credit can be used for just about anything that you would charge to your sign and sail, including extra bar tips.

Are you sure you bought Cheers and not Cruise cash bar?   It's a big difference.

I hope you are mixing terms because there is no reason to buy bar cash and the Cheer's program.  A general 'on board credit' you get from booking is completely different from 'bar cash' you purchase in advance.

2 hours ago, sgttami said:

Cheers and Cruise Cash bar are 2 totally different things.  Cheers is the package you purchase for alcohol/drinks and tips are included in that purchase.

Cruise Cash Bar is purchased in smaller denominations (up to $500 per cabin) and can only be used for bar purchases.  Use it or lose it.  Bar tips can be used from that.

On board credit can be used for just about anything that you would charge to your sign and sail, including extra bar tips.

Are you sure you bought Cheers and not Cruise cash bar?   It's a big difference.

I'm 100% sure we have Cheers. The OBC we have will basically spent the moment we get on the ship on 8 or 9 bottles of White Hennesey. And I understand that a gratuity is already included when purchasing drinks, but I still give an extra $1 with each drink. I'm planing to tip that extra $1 from the Cruise Cash Bar credit.

I'm basically trying to not have any changes on my credit card

Edited by mjohns2

35 minutes ago, mjohns2 said:

I'm 100% sure we have Cheers. The OBC we have will basically spent the moment we get on the ship on 8 or 9 bottles of White Hennesey. And I understand that a gratuity is already included when purchasing drinks, but I still give an extra $1 with each drink. I'm planing to tip that extra $1 from the Cruise Cash Bar credit.

That is fine as long as you use all of the CCB for tips. It is non-refundable and is use it or lose it on every cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

The bar cash you purchased is refundable.  To simplify things, I would ask for a refund and then use cash as a tip on board.  

Cruise Cash and CC Bar are not refundable. Hopefully they can cancel prior to their cruise for a full refund. Once their cruise begins it is use it or lose it.

1 hour ago, mondello said:

Cruise Cash and CC Bar are not refundable. Hopefully they can cancel prior to their cruise for a full refund. Once their cruise begins it is use it or lose it.

I guess I wasn't specific enough and I should have said refundable before your cruise, just like an excursion or specialty restaurant purchase.

I've only bought the cruise cash once.  When they had it available at a 20% discount over two years ago for a short while.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mjohns2 said:

Have you already purchased the Cruise Cash Bar credits?  I do not purchase any non-refundable credits in advance, myself, in case I am for some reason not able to spend it as much as anticipated.  What will you do, for instance, if the bottles you are hoping to purchase with your OBC are unexpectedly unavailable?  

I definitely understand trying not to have a final bill with charges, but you may be better off bringing pre-purchased gift cards to load onto your account onboard.

19 minutes ago, kitten816 said:

If I just bought cruise case, that can go towards bar purchases too? Or would I also need to get cruise cash bar? TYIA

Yes, cruise cash will cover any charges to your S&S card. Cruise Cash and CC Bar are non-refundable, use it or lose it.