Guaranty Reservations - Question

luvtravel

We booked the only Concierge A1 cabin left on an Alaska Cruise in May on the Regatta.  We've only previously sailed on the Riviera and loved it.  Checking now on Oceania's website - all categories of Concierge and above are waitlisted.    I am wondering what happens to our reservation since each category is waitlisted now....seems like even if a few cancel somewhere others will be waiting also for an assignment.    Anyone have had any experience with a situation like this?  Of course we'd love an upgrade to a suite but can't imagine that happening even without any waitlistings.   Thanks for any info!!

16 minutes ago, luvtravel said:

We booked the only Concierge A1 cabin left on an Alaska Cruise in May on the Regatta.  We've only previously sailed on the Riviera and loved it.  Checking now on Oceania's website - all categories of Concierge and above are waitlisted.    I am wondering what happens to our reservation since each category is waitlisted now....seems like even if a few cancel somewhere others will be waiting also for an assignment.    Anyone have had any experience with a situation like this?  Of course we'd love an upgrade to a suite but can't imagine that happening even without any waitlistings.   Thanks for any info!!

Not quite sure what you are asking.  If you have booked an A1, then current availability or non-availability ("waitlisted" or "sold out") doesn't impact your booking.  I assume your booking is confirmed and you have an invoice and a booking number.  If your asking about being waitlisted for an upgraded stateroom, then you wouldn't lose your confirmed booking unless an upgrade becomes available and you accept it. 

If you have a guaranteed reservation, it is a booking without an assigned stateroom.  You have that booking independent of the current  availability or non availability.  You will get a stateroom in the category you reserved, or in a higher category.  If you're asking whether you will get a higher category...that totally depends on what opens up prior to sailing.

Have you discussed your situation and question with your TA?

Perhaps I misunderstand your question.  Others may want to chime in.

Edited by 1985rz1

Thanks for responses.  Sorry it was confusing and Maybe there is no issue. But since we could not get a cabin assignment because there are no vacant C1s at present - all booked and waitlisted, it seems someone in that Category or higher - where there are currently no vacant cabins either and all waitlisted, will have to decide to cancel. Just wondering what happens if they don’t cancel.    I assume they are guaranteed the cabin they booked too.    Will find out in a few months!

if you are confirmed under GTY   (deposit applied)  then you will be on the ship

Those that are wait list   they are in line in case a cabin becomes available

Those that put  a deposit down are priority status  but there is no gty they will be on the sailing

I'd like to emphasize Lynne's comment.  If you have a confirmed GTY booking (with a deposit) , you will be assigned a cabin before sailing either in the level you booked the GTY or higher.  Either way, you will be on the cruise. You may not know which cabin until a few weeks before the sailing, or if you're lucky much earlier.

If you put a deposit down for a wait listed category, you are in line to get a cabin in that category if one opens up, depending on the number of waitlists ahead of you.  I think your TA can find out where you are on the list.  If you didn't put a deposit down, you will be behind those who did. 

Am I correct that your reference to a C1 means a Concierge A1 cabin, since your original post said Concierge A1?

We had guaranty reservations with Oceania 3 times.  For 2 of the reservations we received cabin assignments within a month or two of booking in the category chosen.  For the other guaranty we did not get a cabin assignment until we arrived at the pier on embarkation day and that was the only time we got a significant upgrade relative to the category we booked - had veranda guaranty and got a penthouse.  It was worth the wait.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for replying -- and it was good to hear that we will be on that cruise!!  And yes I was referring to Concierge A1 - we would be happy with that.   A suite would be something new for us.  Definitely won't be unhappy if we don't get an upgrade.  If we did we probably wouldn't want to book anything else in the future!!  🙂