Where's the crab!?

pbmsmile

I am just starting to do research on our Alaska trip in July of 2023. I remember reading a review at some point that mentioned a stand by the dock where a person could get a bowl of shelled crab legs and butter. That deliciousness has stuck with me! Anyone have any suggestions or recollections of such a place? Our itinerary is as follows: Icy Straight, Skagway, Juneau, and Victoria. 

I am guessing the review mentioned Tracy's Crab Shack which is in Juneau.  While it receives rave reviews, in my opinion, it is over rated by tourists.

Icy Strait Point also has a crab shack which is located right beside the old tender dock.  ISP was originally a tender port, but a dock was built several years ago.

Oh gosh folks -- the king crab at Tracy's is essentially frozen king crab from Costco.  The king crab season dictates that for cruise visitors the king crab will be frozen and thawed.  We've been to Dutch Harbor/Unalaska and stayed at what is called "THE  hotel" (the Grand Aleutian) which is where the overseas fish brokers stay to negotiate deals, and the king crab, even there, was frozen.

For those interested in fresh dungeness crab and are also in Ketchikan during the dungeness fishing season check out Annebelle's.  Incredible.  That crab is simply incredible.

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Oh gosh folks -- the king crab at Tracy's is essentially frozen king crab from Costco.  The king crab season dictates that for cruise visitors the king crab will be frozen and thawed.  We've been to Dutch Harbor/Unalaska and stayed at what is called "THE  hotel" (the Grand Aleutian) which is where the overseas fish brokers stay to negotiate deals, and the king crab, even there, was frozen.

For those interested in fresh dungeness crab and are also in Ketchikan during the dungeness fishing season check out Annebelle's.  Incredible.  That crab is simply incredible.

It's tasty enough for us "tourist's" at port stops :classic_wink:

• Haha 2