Which parking garage for Port Everglades?

We_like_to_cruise

Hello,

It appears that there are a few parking garages and surface lots at Port Everglades -

https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/

Which would be the best option for a Regal Princess cruise of the ABC Islands leaving on January 6. 2022 ?

And, related, how do I find out which terminal she is berthed?

Thank you  !

Well, some more research on CC advises:

"Parking

The Northport parking garage is located next to the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center (near the 17th Street entrance) and services cruise terminals 1, 2 (Princess Cruises) and 4. The parking area will soon be expanded to include 4,250 spaces. Cruise terminal 4 also has its own dedicated lot with 172 spaces."

The Port Everglades website ship schedule does not provide info that far out in time.

26 minutes ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Hello,

It appears that there are a few parking garages and surface lots at Port Everglades -

https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/

Which would be the best option for a Regal Princess cruise of the ABC Islands leaving on January 6. 2022 ?

And, related, how do I find out which terminal she is berthed?

Thank you  p

Probably Heron , formally North Port if sailing & returning from pier 2 or 4. Check the Port Everglades site for pier assignments

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, skynight said:

I'll add that if you are returning to a different pier than you sailed from, probably best to park near the return pier. There may be an in port garage shuttle or take a taxi. You really can not walk between parking decks.

That is great info.  Do you know how we can determine which will be the return pier?

Thank you.

We tend to park at www.parkngo.com. You can book them through a parking consolidator, or directly from their website. If you book with them directly it is a bit cheaper. They have a shuttle and during covid, the mention that, upon request, will run the shuttle just for your party (they have several that run continuously during embarktion/debarkation.

• Thanks 1

I recommend Park & Go for your Port Everglades parking.  Really an excellent service.  Their van will drive you and your luggage to the correct terminal.  The van will be there to drive you back to your car upon your return. I’ve used them many times and have never had a problem with their service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

That is great info.  Do you know how we can determine which will be the return pier?

Thank you.

Go to porteverglades.net, the official site. Select schedule. It shows the next 7 days, but there is a way to search beyond. I can't easily search  on this phone. Another way 

If the Regal is the only Princess ship in port it will be at pier 2. Check the Princess sailing schedules on Princess.com.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, skynight said:

If the Regal is the only Princess ship in port it will be at pier 2. Check the Princess sailing schedules on Princess.com

This is good advice for the OP.  The recent sailings of Regal Princess that I have watched was when there was another Princess ship sailing the same day.  Regal consistently sailed from Terminal 21.  If that's the case for the OP, the Mid-Port Parking Garage would be the one to use.  

22 hours ago, skynight said:

I'll add that if you are returning to a different pier than you sailed from, probably best to park near the return pier. There may be an in port garage shuttle or take a taxi. You really can not walk between parking decks.

This happened to me when I sailed on Volendam's 2019 Christmas/New Year's Cruise.  We sailed from Terminal 26; parked my car at the Mid-Port Garage.  But, we returned to Port Everglades and docked at Terminal 4.  HAL's shore staff helped me get a taxi to the Mid-Port Garage.  There must not have been a Port Shuttle.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dabear said:

We're scheduled to depart this week from terminal 25 & return in 29. Per our TA, there is a shuttle to take us back to 25 mid park

Your TA is correct.  I have parked at the Mid-Port Garage and sailed from/to Pier 29.  There is a port shuttle (free) between the pier and the garage.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, rkacruiser said:

This is good advice for the OP.  The recent sailings of Regal Princess that I have watched was when there was another Princess ship sailing the same day.  Regal consistently sailed from Terminal 21.  If that's the case for the OP, the Mid-Port Parking Garage would be the one to use.  

This happened to me when I sailed on Volendam's 2019 Christmas/New Year's Cruise.  We sailed from Terminal 26; parked my car at the Mid-Port Garage.  But, we returned to Port Everglades and docked at Terminal 4.  HAL's shore staff helped me get a taxi to the Mid-Port Garage.  There must not have been a Port Shuttle.  

Shuttles are always provided by the Port when a ship changes berths.   But not for back to back guests

47 minutes ago, foflocruiser said:

Check Port Everglades Facebook page, they post everyday which terminal and where to park in the description. 

And if you aren't on Facebook, the official website (www.porteverglades.net) publishes the ships schedule 7 days in advance (https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/) and also has a port map including all terminals, parking locations and security checkpoints.

5 hours ago, foflocruiser said:

Shuttles are always provided by the Port when a ship changes berths.   But not for back to back guests

When I sailed on Volendam from Pier 26 and returned to Pier 4 (and my car was in the Mid-Port Parking Garage), the HAL ground staff member who was helping me got me to a taxi.  Not a port shuttle.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 12:13 PM, capriccio said:

And if you aren't on Facebook, the official website (www.porteverglades.net) publishes the ships schedule 7 days in advance (https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/) and also has a port map including all terminals, parking locations and security checkpoints.

Just read this! The Facebook site was a great suggestion. Thank you!

• Like 1