Ship Change.....looks interesting but is it....I lose the cabin I had had picked???

Kelownabccan

This is to inform you that MSC Magnifica will be replaced by the brand new MSC Virtuosa for your upcoming cruise itinerary in Northern Europe.

MSC Virtuosa is one of our newest ships! Onboard you will discover next-generation technology, expansive pools, beautiful shops and restaurants under the longest LED dome at sea, and the first humanoid Robotic Bartender.
We apologize for this change and are confident you will enjoy MSC Virtuosa.

Suppose I should look at ship plans and pick one on the new ship....like aft balcony cabins.....as I doubt MSC will pick a  one I like but who knows....try for a Yacht club one....lol....

7 minutes ago, Kelownabccan said:

This is to inform you that MSC Magnifica will be replaced by the brand new MSC Virtuosa for your upcoming cruise itinerary in Northern Europe.

MSC Virtuosa is one of our newest ships! Onboard you will discover next-generation technology, expansive pools, beautiful shops and restaurants under the longest LED dome at sea, and the first humanoid Robotic Bartender.

Suppose I should look at ship plans and pick one on the new ship....like aft balcony cabins.....as I doubt MSC will pick a  one I like but who knows....try for a Yacht club one....lol....

Nothing to add other than that Virtuosa is stunning.   She's returning to the UK in Summer 2022 - replacing Magnifica - and I'm delighted.    As for cabins, I had a standard mid ship balcony in September, and I'm returning to the same one next year.    MSC do seem to have a tendency of changing cabins at short notice, right up until departure, although the ever changing covid rules and the requirement to block off areas or whole decks in case of quarantine may be playing a part in that.

Hi Ken ... The Aft decks go from 9 to 14, be aware that the categories have changed since November 15th, BR3 are on Decks 13 and 14, BR2 are on Decks 11 and 12, BR1 Decks 9 and 10. The other Aft cabins are Premium suite Aurea and Studio Balconies.

Prices increase the higher you go.

It will be interesting to see if they give you a like for like on Virtuosa.

I'd be thrilled to go on a new ship.  We were supposed to be b2b on Virtuoso this past June to Northern Europe when she was only a couple weeks old.  Didn't happen.

Regards to dome, we had seen lots of videos but on Mera it was a big dud.  Static most of the time with a couple short shows.  Not sure if same on Virtuoso.

7 hours ago, sidari said:

Hi Ken ... The Aft decks go from 9 to 14, be aware that the categories have changed since November 15th, BR3 are on Decks 13 and 14, BR2 are on Decks 11 and 12, BR1 Decks 9 and 10. The other Aft cabins are Premium suite Aurea and Studio Balconies.

Prices increase the higher you go.

It will be interesting to see if they give you a like for like on Virtuosa.

thanks for the info.....will try and log into my account and see if any more about cabin there.....not sure if I really like the change.....over 6000 passengers....wow......can not even imagine the chaos getting off and on....MSC never was good at that.......AND.......with all this covid stuff.....what port or city would want that many people getting off and wandering about.....think of all the problems.....we are both triple vacc over here but still?????....lots of things happening and I never have been a fan of getting shots for the rest of my life....Ken

Now looked at the new 14 day plan.....changed and some of the places are not there or very reduced times.....looks like the ship is tooooooo big to go to places the smaller one went.....will think about it...and see if we still want to go.....BUT.....the price we had locked in for a balcony cabin has gone way up by over $1000.....so a great deal.....but sometimes money is not the object of our trips....lol.....Ken

• Like 1

Cabin been assigned.....any thoughts.....11085.....deck 11.....it seems forward to me...I think where the ship side cuts back out......B1 category which is what we used to have but a really nice one aft deck 10 on the other ship.....oh well.....boy the ship looks beautiful....reminds me of old town Las Vegas with the led roof....lol......still have to June to decide to pay so tons of time to mull things over......can not get over the port times.....like Oslo....arrive at 1pm leave at 7 pm.....and some others are like that.....hardly any time to get off and have a whole day to look at the sites.......Oslo....by time get off ship....2pm.....back at 6pm.....just 5 hrs to do stuff.....

On 12/8/2021 at 5:45 PM, Kelownabccan said:

I just logged on to my booking and MSC has changed the itinerary and dates of travel without telling us. Same ship though - LOL.  Too bad we can't travel on those dates. 

This is the second time this has happened . . . same cruise.  Time to stop booking MSC!!

• Like 1

Nice to know....lol.......when we status match will only have enough for Gold it looks like.....our old points went away when not cruising with MSC since our Divina one and others way back 7 years ago.....MSC is not easy ones to do from the West coast of Canada.....too bad as always had a good time....

5 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Nice to know....lol.......when we status match will only have enough for Gold it looks like.....our old points went away when not cruising with MSC since our Divina one and others way back 7 years ago.....MSC is not easy ones to do from the West coast of Canada.....too bad as always had a good time....

Friends sailed recently and have silly points numbers now over 50k so have been Black/Diamond for a long time, there were  a number of items that they did not get as part of the Benefits so like Aurea even that is being watered down currently.

17 hours ago, sidari said:

Friends sailed recently and have silly points numbers now over 50k so have been Black/Diamond for a long time, there were  a number of items that they did not get as part of the Benefits so like Aurea even that is being watered down currently.

Sidari.....thanks...started to notice the same thing with Princess and Hal.....some of the "perks" we had enjoyed seem to be slowly going away or clawed back....we used to plan some cruises depending on the upgrades....etc.....we would get but no more.....not worth the hassle....

Now....it is strictly itinerary and price......just do the ones we really want to do...and the ports we want to see......this MSC on is in the Baltic so one of our last big areas to see...other than Japan and some of the Asia ports....but who wants to go over to Asia anymore.....not us....seem to have lost that urge....

This one with MSC is half the cost of the others on HAL, Princess and Norwegian.....with the savings Judy and I sure can buy lots of drinks, do tours and other things and still save some $$$$....a win win....who cares about perks when you save so much $$$

Our MSC cruise for next fall has disappeared from schedule. When I checked under Manage Bookings, MSC assigned us different ship, much shorter itinerary and month. Still Mediterranean, still from Barcelona. 
The only redeeming thing about the change is they assigned us the Royal Suite. 
Tempting but, nothing else about this cruise seems worth it. Shorter cruise and itinerary we have already done twice.  The “ usual” Mediterranean circuit.

I think we will cancel. Not seeing anything interesting next fall.

1 hour ago, phissy said:

Our MSC cruise for next fall has disappeared from schedule. When I checked under Manage Bookings, MSC assigned us different ship, much shorter itinerary and month. Still Mediterranean, still from Barcelona. 
The only redeeming thing about the change is they assigned us the Royal Suite. 
Tempting but, nothing else about this cruise seems worth it. Shorter cruise and itinerary we have already done twice.  The “ usual” Mediterranean circuit.

I think we will cancel. Not seeing anything interesting next fall.

Saw one advertised today on a friends Italian site sailing from Trieste next year that visits Izmir and Istanbul as well as Greek stops, I will see if I can find it again for you.

• Like 1