Spirit Covid Status

CJANDH

Another slightly unhappy guest finding that the ground handling in Ft Lauderdale leaves a nasty taste after a great cruise. This is from FB and it will no doubt disappear pretty soon.

“This not a whinge for whinge sake because it’s difficult times and travel is more challenging but the ground transportation both on arrival at Miami Airport and particularly today on disembarkation at Fort Lauderdale has been dreadful.  It’s such a shame as the first and last impressions of any brand and not least one of the quality of Silversea brand are so important and yet the ground handler has failed on both occasions.

Communication totally lacking both times which makes it worse, most of us accept there are issues if we know what they are.

Wonderful cruise but Silversea deserves better from the ground transport.”

5 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Another slightly unhappy guest finding that the ground handling in Ft Lauderdale leaves a nasty taste after a great cruise. This is from FB and it will no doubt disappear pretty soon.

“This not a whinge for whinge sake because it’s difficult times and travel is more challenging but the ground transportation both on arrival at Miami Airport and particularly today on disembarkation at Fort Lauderdale has been dreadful.  It’s such a shame as the first and last impressions of any brand and not least one of the quality of Silversea brand are so important and yet the ground handler has failed on both occasions.

Communication totally lacking both times which makes it worse, most of us accept there are issues if we know what they are.

Wonderful cruise but Silversea deserves better from the ground transport.”

The services on the ground in FLL were dreadful period.

I gave my carry on to the driver (I assume) and got it back with the handle broken. 

Annoyingly I was going to get out butler to get someone to sort it....missed that opportunity now!

• Like 1

I've been told when the Spirit arrived back into port at FLL that there were 90 positives onboard. Unsure if that's accurate or reliable... But from someone on the Moon I would expect has access to such details.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, les37b said:

I've been told when the Spirit arrived back into port at FLL that there were 90 positives onboard. Unsure if that's accurate or reliable... But from someone on the Moon I would expect has access to such details.

Ouch, that's much worse than 2 weeks ago. No wonder the next voyage is cancelled.

• Like 1

Does anybody have any information about what is happening on the Spirits up and coming cruises?

We are not due to sail until the TA in March but at the moment everything seems uncertain. We are still awaiting details of our pre cruise hotel in Barbados.  We are loathe to make any further travel and testing arrangements at the his time for obvious reasons.

Being  given 3 days of a cancellation is unacceptable.  It would make much more sense for SS to cancel forthcoming cruises until the Covid situation becomes clearer.