Spirit Covid Status

CJANDH

36 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Must have resulted from the antigen test they would have done yesterday as the Spirit docked in FLL around 5:00 PM today.

Actually they would normally have been tested today (Wednesday) if the same procedure as on the Moon was followed. No news from the onboard FB’ers as yet.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Thanks 1

Obviously the implications now on travelling make things riskier than you think.

You can look after yourself, obey all the rules and generally minimise risks, but if some guests or crew don't, you potentially end in quarantine, miss your flights, can't get back to work etc

Increases the likelihood.!

Wonder if the guests are still on the Spirit?

4 minutes ago, les37b said:

Obviously the implications now on travelling make things riskier than you think.

You can look after yourself, obey all the rules and generally minimise risks, but if some guests or crew don't, you potentially end in quarantine, miss your flights, can't get back to work etc

Increases the likelihood.!

Wonder if the guests are still on the Spirit?

They certainly were an hour ago. They are docked and overnighting in Port Everglades, meant to disembark in the morning.

42 minutes ago, Observer said:

What does CDC yellow mean, practically?

It means one hundredth of one percent of the passengers on board have tested positive for Covid within 7-days of arriving in the U.S., I believe.  So, if one passenger were to test positive on SS, then the ship would turn from green to yellow on the U.S. CDC scale.  Passengers will be allowed to disembark.  New passengers will be allowed to embark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, smilin jack said:

I was told that means they are waiting for clearance when ariving in Fort Lauderdale....no covid!

CDC cruise ship status still shows as yellow and under investigation.

From the website.

CDC colour status yellow: Reported cases of Covid-19 have met the threshold for CDC investigation.

Departing guests have disembarked.

Edited by Silver Spectre

According to rumor, one passenger tested positive on the rapid test we took a week ago and was quarantined in his/her cabin.  I also heard they quarantined a butler and cabin attendant out of an abundance of caution.  The rumor mill did not have further information about whether that passenger tested positive on the pcr test.

for those of us on board, it was a non-event.  The protocols have been followed and the crew has been exceptional.  We have felt very safe so far but today we get a whole bunch of newbies who might or might not be infected.

Do not let the positive test results deter you from traveling.  There are many false positives (and negatives).  Take care of yourselves, follow protocols, and you should be able to travel with a peaceful mind.

All of the above is from a person who wore gloves, a mask and shield to unpack groceries and disinfect them with Clorox for over a year.  I feel surprisingly safe.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I just received an email from friend on board.  They saw food and beverages in styrofoam packaging being delivered to a cabin on deck 6. The delivery person was wearing face mask, face shield, gloves and gown covered with plastic. Person inside cabin opened their cabin door just wide enough to take in food.  

No announcements have been made to passengers as of now. 

2 hours ago, Observer said:

I am familiar with situations like this, and I am almost certain that these are new crewmembers who boarded in Fort Lauderdale and are in quarantine for a certain number of days. There is much less here than meets the eye.

If this is the case how wonderful for the crew to be quarantined in passenger cabins.  That’s very kind of Silversea!

1 hour ago, Snuffie said:

If this is the case how wonderful for the crew to be quarantined in passenger cabins.  That’s very kind of Silversea!

Not a lot of point leaving crew serving out their isolation period in shared cabins and facilities below deck as that would defeat the purpose of isolation. I also think Deck 6 has been designated as the quarantine floor on most if not all Silversea ships. I know we were moved from a suite on Deck 6 on an upcoming cruise for that reason.

Hmmm... The CDC web page for cruise ship status still shows Spirit as yellow, but the description has changed from "CDC has started an investigation" to  "CDC has investigated and ship remains under observation." I wonder what that means? (There are 12 other cruise ships with the same description, so this is clearly not unique or unusual.) If there was a Covid case aboard, do they show it as "under observation" for the next 14 days to see if any other cases turn up, before turning it back to green?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, smilin jack said:

The Slver Spirit is back to Yellow.....does anyone know anything?

Yes. We are on board and were told four days ago that three people had tested positive and two of them were disembarked in San Juan. One was quarantined. Today the reception crew told us that there have been no more positive results since then. The cruise is proceeding as planned. Tomorrow all passengers will take the mid-cruise antigen test. Fingers are crossed that nobody has a bad result.

Masks are being worn inside when not eating or drinking (which isn't very often!!!). Several destinations have restrictions on going ashore except in "bubble" tours. But the weather is great and the crew are, as always, fantastic.

• Like 2