Do you get an embarkation day lunch at a specialty dining restaurant with the UDP? (Allure OTS)

binro01

Trying to find a solid answer to this is kind of hard. I seen yes you do get it!. I seen we have been turned away because the Key passengers filled the specialty dining venues.

Has anyone had recent experience on the Allure OTS with the UDP, and if they enjoyed a specialty dining lunch on embarkation day? If so, what restaurants do you have a choice from?

One of the reasons why I decided against the Key during the Thanksgiving cruise planner sales was because I was under the impression that we get an embarkation day lunch with the UDP, and since my wife and I usually share a single iNet package, I didn't really see the value in the Key at that time. Now that the Key is "on sale" again in my cruise planner, I'm hoping for a definitive answer from someone who has sailed recently. 

Thanks in advance. 

I believe the Key only grants you an embarkation day lunch in the MDR with a  Chops Grille menu.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-key-program

Adding:  None of the specialty restaurants like Jaimes or 150 Centra or Izumi are open until later.

Edited by crewsweeper

The UDP permits you to eat in any specialty restaurant that is open, providing there is a table available.

Yes, you will be able to dine in whatever specialty restaurant is open on embarkation day if you have the UDP.  The issue with overcrowding due to Key personnel was resolved a long time ago.  Now, instead of dining IN Chops, the Key personnel are served in the MDR.

Which specialty restaurant is open on embarkation day will vary by ship.  Some ships have Chops open and some will have the Italian restaurant open.  One of them will be open on embarkation day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sure do. If a venue is open you can use your UDP there.

Embarkation day for Freedom in OCT, we went to Giovanni's and had a wonderful meal! We had UDP, than proceeded to Playmakers for desert!

Edited by alexgtp