Notes from the Emerald Princess 12/9/21-12/19/21

Ombud

I plan to try on the Enchanted Princess - I checked out youtube videos on how to access hdmi (or other inputs) at hotels without input on the remotes.  All said that if you find the part of the monitor that gets the remote signal (usually has a light), then at the back of it will find a tiny button or joystick that lets one cycle through inputs and get to the hdmi port and back to tv as needed.

1 hour ago, Loveh2ofl said:

I plan to try on the Enchanted Princess - I checked out youtube videos on how to access hdmi (or other inputs) at hotels without input on the remotes.  All said that if you find the part of the monitor that gets the remote signal (usually has a light), then at the back of it will find a tiny button or joystick that lets one cycle through inputs and get to the hdmi port and back to tv as needed.

Fyi, I found the input button on the bottom of the TV, it was disabled.  I also spoke to the HGM, who advised that the HDMI input was disabled.

Good luck on the Enchanted!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Fyi, I found the input button on the bottom of the TV, it was disabled.  I also spoke to the HGM, who advised that the HDMI input was disabled.

Good luck on the Enchanted!

We'll try - if not - we'll have a laptop 😉

• Like 2

Additional port requirement notes:

CARTAGENA - most mask in city even on the streets, my guide was great in keeping vendors away, no one checked for my vax card or ID. An amazing little animal sanctuary at the port terminal

PANAMA - no one getting beyond cruise terminal unless on a ship excursion. Their country / their rules

LIMON - Hutch (the one giving port talks) says they will check for immunization status & test results as well as state issued ID. Digital ok. Guess I'll find out tomorrow 

FALBROOK JAMAICA - instituted bubble touring. Only ship tours & specific cabbies permitted inside port. Cruisers cannot walk off terminal area. Again their country / their rules

Finally, port guides readily upload (for me) in MedallionClass app. I hope this is the case in other parts of the world as my next cruise is in April 2022 and I'd appreciate 1 guide there : Astoria, Oregon. Sticking local for awhile

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

Hi, it's me with more random thoughts again 🙃

MORE ON EXCURSIONS 

CARTAGENA - small tour was supposed to be a minivan but turned into a minibus with 25. But, as stated before, terrific guide and it was as described

LIMON - 25 turned into 50!! I should have done a private tour and would change my next one. But Jamaica is in a bubble. Anyway back to Limon. Canals, Rainforest Walk, and Countryside was boring to say the least. He droned on and on so I decided to break away in the Rainforest part. So did another 20. You'd think that'd give a clue. Nope. Thought wrong. If you do this one there's a beautiful area to walk, a nice easy slope up to a viewing area (1km), and another slope to the beach. He was to busy talking to see either

On 12/11/2021 at 6:34 AM, flying boat said:

Can you tell me if the sauna/steam rooms in the sap are open?  The free ones, that I believe are located in the men and women’s changing/ locker rooms, not the Thermal Suite.

Thanks

Not sure about the Emerald but they are open on the Ruby

On 12/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, Ombud said:

Hi, it's me with more random thoughts again 🙃

MORE ON EXCURSIONS 

CARTAGENA - small tour was supposed to be a minivan but turned into a minibus with 25. But, as stated before, terrific guide and it was as described

Was this a Princess tour?

On 12/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, Ombud said:

LIMON - 25 turned into 50!! I should have done a private tour and would change my next one. But Jamaica is in a bubble. Anyway back to Limon. Canals, Rainforest Walk, and Countryside was boring to say the least. He droned on and on so I decided to break away in the Rainforest part. So did another 20. 

Please clarify what you mean by "Jamaica is in a bubble".  And the Limon tour was a Princess tour? Was it advertised as a small group tour?

2 hours ago, mary_228 said:

Was this a Princess tour?

Please clarify what you mean by "Jamaica is in a bubble".  And the Limon tour was a Princess tour? Was it advertised as a small group tour?

I have only done Princess tours on this cruise.  I have never done ship excursions before so yes, I'm spoiled. When I bought the Cartagena tour it was a minivan but it shifted to a minibus onboard. It was fine. I was more irritated by the Limon tour as I would have NEVER joined a group that large. The tour today was great. 27 or 28 on the bus. Broken into 3 groups at Rose Hall and then 40 minutes of DIY at a small shopping mall. So I would repeat Getsemani and Rose Hall. 

• Thanks 1