Ruby Princess Enclave (Thermal) Spa

PandaBear62

I am a fan of the thermal spa and really enjoyed it on the Royal Princess. I am now sailing on the Ruby Princess and I can see I can purchase a pass for the thermal spa, but not sure what it includes.

When I look at the deck plans for the Royal, I see the Enclave, but not that it offers a hydrotherapy pool (which I know it does).

However, when I look at the Lotus Spa on the deck plan of the Ruby, it doesn't show the Enclave but does show it has a "Lotus Spa Pool". 

Can someone give me information on what the thermal spa has on the Ruby? What is the Lotus Spa pool?

Thanks!

They call it the Thermal Suite -- fancy showers, heated loungers, gentle sauna, gentle steam, and aromatherapy rooms.  No therapy pool.

The Lotus Spa pool is just an adults only pool and a couple hot tubs - not associated with the Thermal Suite - it is open to all adults.  There are 10 or 12 padded loungers by the pool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DUCHESSRN said:

The price to me is strange you would think a little cheaper per day when no Therapy Pool.

I agree, the price is higher than I would expect. I wouldn't typically purchase but we have many sea days and being Alaska, it's cold. Otherwise I'd go to the pool or purchase the Sanctuary. 

1 hour ago, Papa Yoda said:

They call it the Thermal Suite -- fancy showers, heated loungers, gentle sauna, gentle steam, and aromatherapy rooms.  No therapy pool.

The Lotus Spa pool is just an adults only pool and a couple hot tubs - not associated with the Thermal Suite - it is open to all adults.  There are 10 or 12 padded loungers by the pool.

So I'm confused, is the Lotus spa basically "around" the pool? Is it covered? Would it be easy to go from the thermal suite to the hot tub? 

Ruby Princess.png

Not easy, the Thermal Suite is actually one deck down on Lido accessed through the "relaxation area" of the Lotus Spa by a stairs or wheelchair elevator.  It can't be accessed directly from Lido deck.  Same layout for Crown and Emerald

Red arrow points to the stairs

image.png.847a458828e47bd66115bf97eac51bfe.pngimage.png.9fa89fbff63e911d7d8867d10ed3f4a1.png

Edited by Papa Yoda

3 hours ago, PandaBear62 said:

So I'm confused, is the Lotus spa basically "around" the pool? Is it covered? Would it be easy to go from the thermal suite to the hot tub? 

Ruby Princess.png

The Lotus Spa pool is not exclusive to spa patrons and is not covered, although, there is some covering over the cushioned lounge chairs that are out there.  In addition to the lounge chairs, there is bleacher style seating ... all beautiful varnished wood.  The pool is adults only, has one beautiful pool and two hot tubs with access to the rest rooms near the spa and salon.  

It's our go to area when we want some peace and quiet onboard but also want to enjoy the pool and hot tubs.  

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The Lotus Spa pool is not exclusive to spa patrons and is not covered, although, there is some covering over the cushioned lounge chairs that are out there.  In addition to the lounge chairs, there is bleacher style seating ... all beautiful varnished wood.  The pool is adults only, has one beautiful pool and two hot tubs with access to the rest rooms near the spa and salon.  

It's our go to area when we want some peace and quiet onboard but also want to enjoy the pool and hot tubs.  

Very much agreed!  ... and the changing rooms with steam and sauna rooms plus showers.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Ruiterdeellen said:

Is it true that the men and woman locker rooms have free sauna and steam room? Thank you

They were removed with last dry dock of the Emerald and Ruby recently.

Sapphire, Caribbean and Crown still have, but assume will be removed eventually like Princess has done with Emerald and Ruby. I think Diamond which is normally based in Japan, still has complimentary steam and sauna in changing rooms.

Royal class ships do NOT have complimentary steam and saunas, their locker room by fitness center have toilets, lockers and showers only.

On 12/11/2021 at 4:36 PM, Papa Yoda said:

Very much agreed!  ... and the changing rooms with steam and sauna rooms plus showers.

Not on Ruby or Emerald anymore. They were removed during their last dry docks. Showers still available, but no more steam or sauna.

Edited by wallyj

4 hours ago, Ruiterdeellen said:

Thats to bad. I did see sauna and steam room on the deck plan. Are they part of the payed facilities now?

Unfortunately, Princess has NOT updated the deck plans for the Emerald and Ruby as they still display Steam and Saunas in the changing rooms, but I can assure you, they were removed.

I was on the Emerald last July and August, and saw the remodeled space.

A passenger who was on the Ruby after the recent dry dock reported the same, steam and saunas were removed. I believe the spaces were converted to accessible treatment rooms for the Spa. 

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

Unfortunately, Princess has NOT updated the deck plans for the Emerald and Ruby as they still display Steam and Saunas in the changing rooms, but I can assure you, they were removed.

I was on the Emerald last July and August, and saw the remodeled space.

A passenger who was on the Ruby after the recent dry dock reported the same, steam and saunas were removed. I believe the spaces were converted to accessible treatment rooms for the Spa. 

Thank you! It's unfortunate. 

On 12/11/2021 at 1:12 PM, PandaBear62 said:

I am a fan of the thermal spa and really enjoyed it on the Royal Princess. I am now sailing on the Ruby Princess and I can see I can purchase a pass for the thermal spa, but not sure what it includes.

When I look at the deck plans for the Royal, I see the Enclave, but not that it offers a hydrotherapy pool (which I know it does).

However, when I look at the Lotus Spa on the deck plan of the Ruby, it doesn't show the Enclave but does show it has a "Lotus Spa Pool". 

Can someone give me information on what the thermal spa has on the Ruby? What is the Lotus Spa pool?

Thanks!

My recollection of the thermal suite on Ruby is that it, like the thermal suite on all the older ships, is basically heated tile loungers, the rainforest showers and sauna and steam rooms.  I can't recall if there was also one of those round rooms that is very warm and has a heated tile bench all the way around.  I really love the heated tile loungers so for me, the price is worth it.  The lotus pool and hot tubs outside and they are surrounded by the spa and fitness center.  Like others have said, they're accessible by any adult passengers but I have not ever seen them get used much.  

• Like 1