Discount to upgrade from classic to premium beverage package

debant

I know there have been other posts about this but can’t find it now. Someone mentioned they got a 20% discount when they upgraded but didn’t say how they were able to get this. Does anyone know  to get more than the 5 or 10% they give for the Captains Club status?

Select

25% off internet package or internet upgrade

5% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise

Elite

30% off internet package or internet upgrade

10% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise

Elite Plus

35% off internet package or internet upgrade

10% off beverage package upgrade to Premium pre-cruise

• Like 1

A few days ago I received an email from Celebrity regarding upgrading to premium beverage package. I called the number in the email (see below) and the lady I spoke to upgraded us to the premium package and used some of our Celebrity provided OBC to pay for the upgrade.

This exclusive Captain's Club benefit is not available on board.

TO UPGRADE, CALL TODAY AT
1-844-418-6824

• Thanks 1

We booked a 15-night TA cruise in October while a 20% fare discount was in effect. Afterwards, I called to upgrade to the premium drink package, assuming it would cost $900 for 2. I was surprised to see it only cost $720 - the 20% discount during October had kicked in. We got $400 OBC with the upgrade, which we're spending on excursions.So going to premium cost us, in effect $11 per day pp. Pretty good deal.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:50 PM, jaapie said:

A few days ago I received an email from Celebrity regarding upgrading to premium beverage package. I called the number in the email (see below) and the lady I spoke to upgraded us to the premium package and used some of our Celebrity provided OBC to pay for the upgrade.

This exclusive Captain's Club benefit is not available on board.

TO UPGRADE, CALL TODAY AT
1-844-418-6824

7 hours ago, JohnGinPBG said:

We booked a 15-night TA cruise in October while a 20% fare discount was in effect. Afterwards, I called to upgrade to the premium drink package, assuming it would cost $900 for 2. I was surprised to see it only cost $720 - the 20% discount during October had kicked in. We got $400 OBC with the upgrade, which we're spending on excursions.So going to premium cost us, in effect $11 per day pp. Pretty good deal.

Why would the upgrade have ever cost $900?  The upgrade is $12 pp pd and if you have a Captains Club 5% discount it is about $11.40.  So no discount tge cost for 2 people for 15 nights is $360.

14 minutes ago, JohnGinPBG said:

We are new to X and opted for the $30 pp pd upgrade offered on the website. 15 nights x 2 x 30 +900. $400 OBC included . I didn't know you could upgrade for $12 pp pd - that was not offered. So it's basically a wash.

The upgrade from the classic package (the Always Included one) to the premium package should be $10 plus 20% gratuity, or $12 per person per day.  

You may have selected a different upgrade option which you can undo prior to the cruise. 

17 minutes ago, D C said:

The upgrade from the classic package (the Always Included one) to the premium package should be $10 plus 20% gratuity, or $12 per person per day.  

You may have selected a different upgrade option which you can undo prior to the cruise. 

We bought the Elevate upgrade. Bottom line, for $720 we got $400 obc and premium for $10.67 pp pd so we're happy with the deal. Thanks.