Update 12/15: Covid Vaccine Booster Information for Princess Cruises

LACruiser88

Below was updated today on the Princess Web Site:

COVID-19 vaccine boosters are strongly recommended by the US CDC for everyone ages 16 years older. We are also actively administering boosters to our crew. At this time, booster doses are not required to embark. Guests who have received the full series of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of authorized vaccines and have received the last dose at least 14 days prior to the day of embarkation are considered fully vaccinated. However, certain destinations may require boosters depending on which vaccination guests received and the time that has passed since completion of the initial vaccination/series. Please ensure you are familiar with the requirements for the destinations you plan to visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I should have highlighted the below paragraph, which to me is very important.

However, certain destinations may require boosters depending on which vaccination guests received and the time that has passed since completion of the initial vaccination/series. Please ensure you are familiar with the requirements for the destinations you plan to visit

• Thanks 1

Sounds like Princess is giving us an early 'heads-up' as to what the next "fully vaccinated" expectation/requirement will be for passengers.

So glad that I and my family members moved quickly to get the booster early on when the CDC  strongly suggested it, rather than after they officially recommended the booster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Sounds like Princess is giving us an early 'heads-up' as to what the next "fully vaccinated" expectation/requirement will be for passengers.

So glad that I and my family members moved quickly to get the booster early on when the CDC  strongly suggested it, rather than after they officially recommended the booster.

We did the same. In fact, we got our sons' their boosters when they first came home for Thanksgiving so that they were past the 2 weeks for our younger sons graduation this Friday as well as our cruise on the 28th.

4 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Or perhaps a 3rd booster by then?

I actually agree and had to either laugh or cry about it. Decided to laugh right now.

We are still in the middle of making history with this terrible disease