Cruise changed with no notification

skeldergate

In October I decided to book my first ever MSC cruise for September 2022.

It was a one way cruise on "Fantasia" from Trieste to Genoa.

I decided to go online earlier this week to have a look at excursions etc.  I was horrified to discover that MSC has changed my cruise!

It's no longer going from Trieste to Genoa but a round trip (2 days longer) from Trieste to Trieste and leaving a week earlier !

Suffice to say that I've contacted MSC about this.  Their call centre couldn't help and suggested I email them.  Three days later I'm still waiting and I'm interested to hear their rsponse...

2 hours ago, skeldergate said:

In October I decided to book my first ever MSC cruise for September 2022.

It was a one way cruise on "Fantasia" from Trieste to Genoa.

I decided to go online earlier this week to have a look at excursions etc.  I was horrified to discover that MSC has changed my cruise!

It's no longer going from Trieste to Genoa but a round trip (2 days longer) from Trieste to Trieste and leaving a week earlier !

Suffice to say that I've contacted MSC about this.  Their call centre couldn't help and suggested I email them.  Three days later I'm still waiting and I'm interested to hear their rsponse...

Unfortunately, your case seems pretty common.

• Like 2

Lol Welcome to MSC we had booked a 12 day out of Barcelona going to Rome, Casablanca, Portifino and more on board the Splendida. Discovered they moved us to a 7 day on Seaside out of Barcelona going to different ports leaving on a different day…….Absolutely no notice to us! When we called they acted like we had booked the Seaside all along they made no attempt to satisfy the situation.

• Like 2

i was booked on the Fantasia 15th Sept Genoa to Barcelona ... 

Thats great but its not like my airline will refund me for the flights I paid for in advance 

We are contacting you with an important update concerning your upcoming cruise on MSC Fantasia sailing on 9/15/2022.

As we are sure you are aware, the pandemic is still causing some challenges with travel around the world and, due to operational reasons, MSC Fantasia will now be operated by the beautiful MSC Orchestra for her Summer season with new dates and itineraries

September 22 is so far away, it is really very optimistic to think the schedules will be as planned.

Especially a repo cruise that brings the ship from the East Med to the West Med, who knows where the Fantasia will be in summer and where in autumn? 

Triest to Genoa is a really long train or bus ride, if you want to go cruising in September in the Med I would suggest to choose either the West or East. There should be always happening something, but it looks like only the Fantasia sails the East. But the routes are nice. If things get better with the pandemic, MSC will send another ship too.

19 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

September 22 is so far away, it is really very optimistic to think the schedules will be as planned.

I don't believe that's the point. The point is - major changes are made (to both the timing and length of the cruise and the origin/debarkation points), but MSC doesn't even inform anyone.