Report from the Noordam - Maiden Voyage

RevNeal

I just got back this morning from our cruise and after unpacking, pulled out the ol' laptop to see how things are on the Noordam.

Greg, thanks again for sharing your cruise with us. Loved the pix and video. It's been fun to read all the posts from this beautiful new ship. You mentioned the 2008 Signature ship's maiden sailing.

It must be wonderful to be able to be aboard this sailing...

Thanks Heather for the kind words and to the others for sharing their HAL board experiences. It's served to only confirm our perception about the HAL group!:)

Am anxious to receive an update of Jim and Stan, has anyone heard if they are home safe and sound, or at least on their way? (Sounds crazy but I've become very fond of that Noordam group!)

I am sorry to have to make this announcement, but I have been detailed, for obvious reasons, to bring the sad news.

Today on the beach one of our number, Jim of JimandStan, broke his leg and he and Stan have had to leave the ship for emergency medical care. From what I have been told Jim's life is not in any danger, however he is in a great deal of a pain from the break. I have been told that either Jim or Stan will post on the board once they're back in New York (tomorrow or the day after?) and let us know how they're doing.

May God bless them both and bring Jim back to full health quickly so that we can all cruise together, again, in the future.

Oh dear! My heart id breaking for JimAndStan, I know how much they were looking forward to enjoying this cruise! My thoughts and prayers are with them for a safe trip home and a speedy recovery!

I'm also praying the rest of you on the cruise will come home in one peice and safely!

Laura, thanks for the kind words about my parents! The tell me they just love all you CC'ers and how welcome you all made them feel!

I am missing them very much but am glad they are in good company! They swam with the dolphins in Tortola and my mom is still on cloud nine!

Cant wait to see more of your pictures RevNeal! Your so awesome for sharing them with us!

Hugs to you all! Be Safe, and God Bless!

"Dining time is the standard Early/Main - Upper/Lower division"

RevNeal stated this in his latest report.

I have never sailed on HAL before. Could someone tell me what are the "early" and "main" dining times as well as upper and lower division.

Thanks so much.

On the Noordam March 15 and am getting quite excited!:D

Yes, there is. Revneal posted links on the previous page to aft shots. Here's the one that shows you what you are wanting to know.

John:

Even on the O'dam the Lido overhang came over (by a foot or so) over the Navigation deck aft cabin balconies. The Noordam balconies will all be a bit shorter, but that won't "decrease" the overhang on the Navigation deck balconies....

Greg's photos show the overall aft pretty well; you'll have all the shade you want (unless the sun is "low" and behind the ship), and I doubt you'd get any rain unless there was a gale-force wind driving it inward!

Paul

The March lion ROARS again tommorrow:

Seeing the NY New Noordam there is better than going to be here..**S

National Weather Service::

CURRENT EXPECTATIONS ARE FOR 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW BEFORE THE PRECIPITATION CHANGES TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN. AN ADDITIONAL LIGHT ACCUMULATION OF SLEET AND/OR ICE IS POSSIBLE ON TOP OF THE SNOWFALL. THIS WOULD CAUSE TRAVEL PROBLEMS ESPECIALLY FOR THE THURSDAY MORNING COMMUTE.

Be glad your in the South waters stilll.. 26 f now at 1:21 am est 03/01/2006 AD

Thanks again for your New Noordam pictures...

God Speed.

Greg,

Thanks for the updates. A message to pass along if you could.....

According to Ziggy's CC'er list, it shows that calm_seas (Martha I believe) is doing a B2B on the Noordam. ............She had not posted on the roll call for that cruise, but with the excitement of the innaugural, it is understandable. (Extend this to any other CC'ers that may also be doing a B2B if I missed anyone.)

Thank you kindly.

Sorry that I may not have gotten back to Ziggy. My plans changed just before final payment and I had to rebook for the week after Thanksgiving. I will be looking forward to seeing how well all of you who follow us onboard the ship between now and then take care of our "new baby":D

Again.... this ship is fabulous and I'm hopeful everyone will enjoy it as much as our group has. This afternoon, we have a group CC photo scheduled just prior to sailing from San Juan. Also, at 3 PM, there is a "cabin crawl" in which various CC members have volunteered to open their cabins to give us all a look at a sampling of the various accommodations! That should be a lot of fun, too.

If I don't get to post before everyone leaves on the 4th..... BON VOYAGE!!!

Sorry that I may not have gotten back to Ziggy. My plans changed just before final payment and I had to rebook for the week after Thanksgiving. I will be looking forward to seeing how well all of you who follow us onboard the ship between now and then take care of our "new baby"

Does that mean you'll be joining us on the 11/25/06 sailing of the Noordam? If so, please sign in on our roll call, which is about two thirds of the way down the 1st page of the Noordam roll call page (last post 1/22/06). Joan and Joe

Hey johnr49er

We are also staying on the navagation deck in the aft. I had the same concerns as you. I'm hoping that I can hang out in my nighty and not be seen!! We are sailing saturday 3-4-06 and are very excited!! Maybe we will be neighbors! :)

Elizabeth & Marty

Hi! My husband and I are scheduled to sail on the Noordam on April 5 and so I've been lurking and enjoying all of the messages and photos. Thanks a bunch. Hopefully, someone on the next sailing will continue the thread. There have been lots of good questions and wonderful answers and advice. In the posting, #189, d sawyer stated that it was not possible to take advantage of the drop in price for the upcoming cruise as it had already been paid in full. Last September the same thing happened on a RCCL cruise that we had booked and paid for. One of the cc'ers had suggested that I give RCCL a call. We did receive a credit to our credit card as did a number of other cc'ers. I don't know if HAL would honor the discount but it couldn't hurt to call. Give it a try. Let us know what happens.

Pat

Hey johnr49er

We are also staying on the navagation deck in the aft. I had the same concerns as you. I'm hoping that I can hang out in my nighty and not be seen!! We are sailing saturday 3-4-06 and are very excited!! Maybe we will be neighbors! :)

Elizabeth & Marty

Elizabeth:

You should be fine; the only way anyone will "see" you is if you go to the end of your balcony at the railing. With the new, greater angle of the Noordam aft, you should have most of the balcony in complete privacy.

Paul

(Back to the regularly scheduled thread!) :D

Today on the beach one of our number, Jim of JimandStan, broke his leg and he and Stan have had to leave the ship for emergency medical care.

Oh, dear ... I am so sorry to hear about this. Believe me, I know from personal experience what a tragedy it is to injure oneself while far from home. I hope the break is not too bad and that he heals quickly. I wait to hear from Jim what happened. In the meantime, I'll keep him in my prayers.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I am so sorry to hear that Jim broke his leg. I hope they are back home and he is resting comfortably.

I am loving the reviews and pictures of this great ship. Just wondering when you get home if there is any chance you and post menus and/or daily schedules? Cheers.

Elizabeth,

I have the same concerns you do about the privacy on the Navigation Deck aft as that will be my address come April 5. Perhaps you would be kind enough to visit the thread for our sailing upon your return and let me know how things worked out. I've never been on HAL and I've never had an aft cabing before. Thanks.

Pat

Archived