Report from the Noordam - Maiden Voyage

RevNeal

Thanks, Greg for your wonderful report. Ruth and I will be on in a few weeks and I'm anxious to hear everything you have to tell. Please give Vic my best and tell him "hi" from Adele. Continue to have a blast on the Noordam. I'm looking forward to cruising with you to Hawaii. You know how to have fun!!!!!! Adele

Great to hear from you again, Greg, and I'm so glad you're having such a good time with everyone! We miss you all here, though. I love Tortola ... have a wonderful time there.

Now that I've been severely chastised for asking for pictures, I promise I'll say no more about it!;) Only reason I mentioned it was as you well know whenever you cruise you always love uploading all your pix as you sail along. You know I'd never ask you take time away from all the fun to do it.

Keep having a great time and a big "HI" to everyone from me:) .

I am looking forward to what you have to say about the cruise. I was actually on the ship overnight in port on Tuesday for a special event. It was grand! They had a couple of the shows that night and had all the lounges open for our enjoyment, but I am very jealous that I could not enjoy the ship at sea. The piano bar was the highlight of my night, for the life of me I cannot remember the piano players name, but he was very entertaining and comical. If you come across his name, I would love if you could pass it on to me!

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Thank you for the new report RevNeal

I echo everyone elses sentiments . Have a blast , we will wait til you get home for the pics .I know they will be beautiful like always .

Sounds like you better polish off your dancing shoes *LOL*

Enjoy:)

Loving your reports, Greg. You are doing everything in your power to get me all excited about my cruise in less than three weeks!!!!!

And, thank you for the info on dress Friday night. I can meet my Irish obligation and the dress code.

tvlgrl---are you speaking of Kory in the Piano Bar? He almost made me miss the midnight bus home from Boston Friday night. :o I was having too good a time:o .

tvlgrl---are you speaking of Kory in the Piano Bar? He almost made me miss the midnight bus home from Boston Friday night. :o I was having too good a time:o .

Ruth,

If this is the same Kory that was on the Oosterdam in Oct, he is so much fun and he has a great sense of humor!! :D Some nights we would try and get there an hour ahead of when he would start and the place was already packed. I'm hoping that he will be on the Westerdam this Oct/Nov.

Don't know if it's the same Kory or not, but he was pretty good.

He's kinda young (at least from my perspective :rolleyes: ), from Calgary. Handsome (again, at least from my perspective ;) ). Drinks wine---makes a game of songs that mention a drink of some sort then stops for a swig. Seems like fun.

Don't know if it's the same Kory or not, but he was pretty good.

He's kinda young (at least from my perspective :rolleyes: ), from Calgary. Handsome (again, at least from my perspective ;) ). Drinks wine---makes a game of songs that mention a drink of some sort then stops for a swig. Seems like fun.

Young, handsome, and likes wine? Sounds like the same Kory to me.:) If I remember correctly, his last name is Simon.

Well HELLO, Shout out to ECHO and ELMER congratulations on you new digs!

LOVE, HOLLY & GREG 6169 the blues cruise of 06

Dear Rev, Brian, and et al do it up DUDES! WE want pics, menus and any little insight you might throw our way. Much Love and many happy returuns to all

Ruth--

Our Kory is the same as yours - he was on Oosterdam with Scotty and I on our Alaska cruise too in Sept.

So may familiar faces on board: SCD Brandon Lamb was lead male singer on Oosterdam and is will be the new CD on Zaandam in a few weeks.

I received a phonecall in my SS from the phone concierge the first day out - turns out she was Lizzette (sic) from the Neptune Lounge on Oosterdam!

Had a drink in the Ocean Bar last night, and Jack (not his real name) from Amsterdam remembered that I prefer Manhattans!

The Lower Dining Room Captain (forget his name) Kelly, the Spa Manager are also from Oosterdam - apparently 4/5 of the staff and crew are from the HAL fleet, and the remaining 1/5 are new (but some from other lines, like the room steward from MSC Opera!)

DJ Jazzy also remembered us from Oosterdam, and has been actively organizing FOD events for us aboard this cruise. There are at least 40 pax who attended the first cocktail reception in the Piano Bar and we're planning MardiGras Festivities and a Pinnacle Luncheon later in the week...

Ditto the comments on how beautiful Noordam is - she's easily the most elegant of all the Vistas. One puzzling piece are the Glass Staircases in the Atrium. They are roped off when we are at sea. When asked why or if someone had fallen down, Capt Scott said that nobody was going to be falling down those steps while HE was in command....

Enjoying a balmy day on the mid-ship lido overlooking beautiful Tortola Harbor w/ Rev Greg. Will post lots of photos later, including some from our pool-bar party in Grand Turk (Even some that Ekeer begged me not to!!!)

HUggs to you all!

Hi Brian,

Glad your voyage is well. Much better than being on the Level 1 or II **S

Sorry to hear the special situation on roping the Glass Staircase ...

May the Port of Call today be well with fairwinds and following seas for youall.:D

........................Enjoying a balmy day on the mid-ship lido overlooking beautiful Tortola Harbor w/ Rev Greg. Will post lots of photos later, including some from our pool-bar party in Grand Turk (Even some that Ekeer begged me not to!!!)

HUggs to you all!

Brian! Now I'm REALLY jealous ... not just envious, JEALOUS!!!! I love Tortola Harbor! It's damp and a bit rainy here in sunny Fla at the moment and I want to be sitting there on the Lido with you:) !!!

Sounds like a good time is being had by all ... can't wait for pics and review! Thanks for thinking of poor us back here on the mainland!!:(

Brian

Thank you for the report

Sounds great , glad you are having such a wonderful time :)

Hmmmmm Black mail pics of EKERR HUH?????? *LOL*

She isn't in the dining room with jeans on is she ? :) :) :)

You could probably earn enough for another cruise in an S suite keeping those out of circulation *LOL*

Just Kidding :)

Have a great time and thanks for sharing

Babyher, if you only knew how funny this is!!! LOL!! I hope Brian tells her you said that. She will be hysterical!!!:D

I hope he tells her *LOL*

I have spoken to EKERR here and she is a great lady with a great sense of humor :). I know she would enjoy :)

apparently 4/5 of the staff and crew are from the HAL fleet

Very interesting! I don't know what the norm is for HAL, but I once read that on another line (I forget who), the majority of the crew on a new ship are actually new. I guess on HAL they do it differently.

It certainly makes sense to me that they would try to put more experienced crew on a new ship, rather than have the double challenge of a new ship and lots of new crew members.

Anyhow, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time! It's cold and windy here so I'm a bit evious of all of you down there in the tropics ;) ...

Has Stephen had his book signing yet? Apparently the very first shipment of the books went straight to NOORDAM, he didn't even have one to sell me when I met him on Monday ;) ! He had one copy with him, his own, just for us to drool over. It is wonderful though!

Ah well, I got one of the absolute first copies of "Cunarder" (and I do mean first, I was at the launch party!) so I guess I can wait a little while for "The Spotless Fleet"...

Hi Ruth thanks for the response, I believe his name is Kory. I was having so much fun Tuesday night, that I didn't get out of the Piano bar until the wee hours of Wednesday....bearly got up in time to get off the boat by 7am. Thanks for the response!

Thanks again!

Loving your reports, Greg. You are doing everything in your power to get me all excited about my cruise in less than three weeks!!!!!

And, thank you for the info on dress Friday night. I can meet my Irish obligation and the dress code.

Archived