Omicron Cancellations?

ledbyrain

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

My concern is the fast spreading of this 

Omicron.  They are predicting the peak at mid January, if we’re lucky.  If it’s so contagious, how do we make it through the traveling, hotels and then the ship without catching it?   Of course, my first cruise is mid January.  Yikes!!!

I have heard it is more contagious because it attacks the nasal area more than the lung area.  So, it is like flu and common cold in that respects.  But still the Delta is lingering around as well.

Just get boosted, wear masks and distance yourself.  Planes are pretty safe with their air systems.

It is airport that you need to be on guard.    Enjoy your cruise and try not to worry

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I have heard it is more contagious because it attacks the nasal area more than the lung area.  So, it is like flu and common cold in that respects.  But still the Delta is lingering around as well.

Just get boosted, wear masks and distance yourself.  Planes are pretty safe with their air systems.

It is airport that you need to be on guard.    Enjoy your cruise and try not to worry

Thank you.  We are boosted.  Will try not to worry.  Stay safe!

So a few facts to ponder,,,Science here not politics left right up or down

FACTS

There are over 1000 variants of this current covid virus

The Omicron variant currently represents less than 5% of the cases in the USA

TO date their have been very few hospitalization with this variant

The cases are less sever and more contagious since they host in the breathing canals…

STAY SAFE ALL..

• Haha 2

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone. We are human beings. Our specie is thriving. That tells me something. Disease has always been with us and you are alive and reading this post. There are over 100,000 diseases on earth and we can do something about very few of them. I intend to take my booked cruises unless I fall ill  or they are cancelled. The shutdowns and assorted imposed restrictions did more damage than the virus. I'm glad the cruise industry survived. Over 100,000 restaurants weren't so lucky. I live 20  minutes from Port of Miami. The horn blasts from departing cruise ships, including Disney's, are music to my ears. On April 9th, I hope to be aboard Odyssey and hear it from my balcony while sipping champagne. When cruises leave from PoM, I would be on deck toI wave goodbye to my condo as the ship passes it. Odyssey sails from Port Everglades, thus the champagne. No hardship there.

Mary

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Barbeyg....I think this (from your signature expansion) says it all..  "3rd attempt for a family AK cruise"    Wow....isn't this a tale many of us can tell? I also have a few of those '3rd attempts' going for next year. This is crazy....

Yep, I have a cruise that I booked in November, 2019 for November, 2020 that was canceled and I am now on my 3rd reschedule - and I will keep rescheduling as long as I can until I can live with the protocols, which right now are not acceptable to me - specifically the 2 day window for pre cruise testing.

I keep hoping things will change - they may or may not, but I'm not waisting my time getting ready to fly to Florida, make hotel reservations, take care of pets only to find I can't board because of Covid.

Until then, I find less restrictive vacations to take.

• Like 1