Celebrity Shore excursions - Multiple Issues with online Bookings

swkrupa78

Has anyone been experiencing issues with their shore excursion bookings for Celebrity? 

We are booked on the Apex Jan 22 sailing.  I am finding that Celebrity has done 2 mass cancelations (a Beach break in Nassua and today a beach break in Cozumel) and they have not notified us. In addition, I originally booked a Belize Mayan Ruins excursion on June 20 (when it was on sale for 20% off).  Then on Dec 8, Celebrity offered a 30% deal on this same excursion. So I cancelled the excursion and REBOOKED it the same day to get the savings. 

The issue is that I can see the excursion on my calendar but when I called Celebrity, they are telling me that I am NOT booked for that day.   Meantime, they are unable to rebook me for that excursion as the system will not allow them. I was told that I am booked for something between 8 - 2 pm but they can not see it and the system will not allow another booking.

Their shore excursion process is a mess.  The other issue is that the web version and the Phone app do not synch up at all.  I can see my all of my dinner reservations on my calendar if I log in to my account on my PC.  And at one point in time, they appeared on the Phone app. But now, NOTHING appears on the phone app.  

I am very frustrated as I was an IT director and I know these are system issues that need to addressed.  We are traveling together with 2 other couples, and we expect to be together on the Belize excursion.  I trust that Celebrity will get this resolved quickly. Be interested if anyone is experiencing similar issues. 

Steve

8 hours ago, swkrupa78 said:

Has anyone been experiencing issues with their shore excursion bookings for Celebrity? 

We are booked on the Apex Jan 22 sailing.  I am finding that Celebrity has done 2 mass cancelations (a Beach break in Nassua and today a beach break in Cozumel) and they have not notified us. In addition, I originally booked a Belize Mayan Ruins excursion on June 20 (when it was on sale for 20% off).  Then on Dec 8, Celebrity offered a 30% deal on this same excursion. So I cancelled the excursion and REBOOKED it the same day to get the savings. 

The issue is that I can see the excursion on my calendar but when I called Celebrity, they are telling me that I am NOT booked for that day.   Meantime, they are unable to rebook me for that excursion as the system will not allow them. I was told that I am booked for something between 8 - 2 pm but they can not see it and the system will not allow another booking.

Their shore excursion process is a mess.  The other issue is that the web version and the Phone app do not synch up at all.  I can see my all of my dinner reservations on my calendar if I log in to my account on my PC.  And at one point in time, they appeared on the Phone app. But now, NOTHING appears on the phone app.  

I am very frustrated as I was an IT director and I know these are system issues that need to addressed.  We are traveling together with 2 other couples, and we expect to be together on the Belize excursion.  I trust that Celebrity will get this resolved quickly. Be interested if anyone is experiencing similar issues. 

Steve

@swkrupa78

Howdy Steve! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Cruise Blogs & Websites forum. 👍 Howeveryour post is off topic here. This forum is for members to share their personal travelogue-type cruise-related blogs or websites with their fellow Cruise Critic members. 

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Celebrity Cruises forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed or will be sailing Celebrity Apex frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you. Also, have you checked back in with the folks on your Celebrity Apex January 22, 2022 Roll Call thread? I see you posted there earlier this year. Perhaps someone there is having the same experience and has information that may help you.

I also suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread or any other thread where you are interested in future replies. You will not have to go l👀king to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! emo34.gif If you need more info on how to do it, please see How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info).

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience!  emo49.gif See How To: Submit a Member Review.

I hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Thank you Kat!  Sorry for the mistake and I appreciate you helping me out. On a side note, found out that the issue I am having may only affect me. Turns out the phone app is working for my wife's account as the excursions and dinner reservations appear on her phone! It's got to be an IT issue with RCL as they developed the software.

Merry Christmas!

Steve

We are on the Apex cruise before yours and had one of our excursions cancelled too.  We figured that not enough people signed up but that is just our guess.  Maybe the vendor cancelled the excursion because of the current COVID conditions.  We didn't bother to call but now only have two excursions for the week as there aren't any other that we want to replace that one with.  Kind of wishing we weren't going now.   

We are on an Apex cruise in Feb and are booked on the same Belize tour. We also took advantage of the 15% and then 30% sale, so this did get a bit confusing. When Celebrity dropped Key West and added Nassau to our cruise, they also changed the port times for several of our ports including Belize. Have your port arrival or departure times changed for Belize? This could be part of the problem. Our 7:30 tour was automatically moved to a 10 tour.  One suggestion is to go into your calendar and try clicking on your booked excursion from there. See if it opens up. If it does then take a screen shot and call Celebrity. I wouldn't delete anything until you have them on the phone with your screen shot and receipt to show you paid for your excursion. Have them acknowledge you have proof you are booked and have them agree to rebook you at the same rate if you are able to cancel the excursion on your end. After that try to cancel your excursion via the calendar. Wish you the best. 

We spent 14 nights on the Edge in October.  We had our favorite port cancelled, another replaced with Nassau and the one DH had a excursion he really wanted cancelled. He got off the ship 2x and 1 got off once.  We had a great time, went to spa 1day, no crowds at the pool, buffet, gym or solarium.  Tried lunch at the Grand Bistro and Eden Cafe, neither of which we had done on the Edge previously and loved them both.   Our best cruises in the Caribbean.