Independence 4 Day Review with Compass (Dec13-17)

mawvkysc

Hi there!

I just wanted to let you know that my husband and I were on your same voyage.

We just tested positive for Covid this morning. Symptoms seem to be mild. Sore throat and body aches are the worst of it so far.

It's cool to see your pics. You can actually see my husband in the ice skating photo. 

Anyway... just wanted to let you know.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:07 PM, mawvkysc said:

Goodbye: I had a really good Indian dish for breakfast in WJ. Sambhar, it had eggplant in it. 

We had the last time slot for departure. They called it early and pretty much everything was opened up. We didn’t want to hold up the room being cleaned so we left.  This led to a small amount of congestion leaving the ship. The new facial recognition for US Customs  is awesome. It was so fast. 

There were two shuttles from Cruisetime waiting for us. So we hopped right on and away we went. 

Since we were heading over to my parents for a few days we had scheduled a Covid test at the Merrit Island Walgreens. We were an hour early for the test, but no one was in line so they took us early. This pharmacy tech did a much better job explaining and watching than our local one did.

We started  the drive over to the Gulf and got our negative results an hour into the trip. It was a nice drive. Google sent us south of I-4 and it was a pretty, rural drive. It then drove us right through the old downtown Kissimmee. It’s really cute! 

Bon voyage everyone!

Thank you very much for your review. We’re sailing the independence at the end of March and their are precious few reviews thank you!!!

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2021 at 4:10 AM, Mjlytton said:

Hi there!

I just wanted to let you know that my husband and I were on your same voyage.

We just tested positive for Covid this morning. Symptoms seem to be mild. Sore throat and body aches are the worst of it so far.

It's cool to see your pics. You can actually see my husband in the ice skating photo. 

Anyway... just wanted to let you know.

Thanks for letting us know.  I just now realized I had not checked this review lately.  I hope you are all better now.  

20 hours ago, Betsynh said:

Any opinion about Schooner Bar pianist? We love acoustic piano with a good singer, not all of the electronics. Hoping Joshua Townsend is that style— unable to find any info on him, but saw his name on the CC.

We only passed through the bar, but it was always packed when he was playing.  I think it was what you would like.  It was the busiest bar we saw.

BTW I grew up in Tyngsboro

Edited by mawvkysc

15 hours ago, CariAnn said:

Thank you for your review of the Independence. Did you carry on your luggage and  were you able to drop it off in your cabin once you got on the ship? 

We checked our large bag but had a small carryon.  We did not drop the carryon off until they announced the rooms were ready.  That was at 1:30.  I think usually they are ready around 2:00 though. The luggage arrived just a little bit after we got to the room.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

We only passed through the bar, but it was always packed when he was playing.  I think it was what you would like.  It was the busiest bar we saw.

BTW I grew up in Tyngsboro

That sounds great!! Thanks so much. We’re literally a couple of miles from Tyngsboro. Such a small world!

• 3 weeks later...