Haven upgrade bid but no drink pkg

ddlb

I want to place a bid for a Haven upgrade. I do not have the drink package with my current booking. If I win the bid I presume I could  just use my OBC for drinks at the Haven bar? What’s confusing to me is when I googled this it appears if you book a Haven direct you have to pay the gratuities whether you drink or not since all perks are included. 

I know I will only be getting the perks that came with my original booking. 

Would anyone care to guess what the chances may be for a Haven upgrade on the Breakaway that sails in about a month.  Thanks!

You will have all free at sea options. You would need to pay the grats on dining and drinks if you select them. You will pay the haven daily service charge. The Haven bar is like any other bar on the ship. No “free” drinks because you are a haven guest. Pay with your drinks package if you have one. 

34 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You will have all free at sea options. You would need to pay the grats on dining and drinks if you select them. You will pay the haven daily service charge. The Haven bar is like any other bar on the ship. No “free” drinks because you are a haven guest. Pay with your drinks package if you have one. 

Unless something has changed, you do NOT get any additional perks on bidding upgrades to the Haven.  You get Haven benefits but no additional Free at Sea perks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ddlb said:

What’s confusing to me is when I googled this it appears if you book a Haven direct you have to pay the gratuities whether you drink or not since all perks are included. 

Not the case. Even if you book the Haven direct you can decline the drink or dining package and you won't have to pay the gratuities on those packages.

BTW, if you win an upgrade to a Haven Owner's suite, bottled liquor is included with those cabins.

Thanks everyone. I did see online where are you could unselect the drink package and dining package if you were booking the haven direct. I had been reading an old post I guess and thought you had to get them.

I can easily use my OBC for drinks since I don’t drink that much plus I guess you can no longer use it to buy cruise next certificates and never could use it for playing the slots or of course paying for your daily service charge.

I wondered about the bottle liquor to as I had thought that used to be included or something. Do you just get one bottle or what?  Do to get free water or pop by any chance?   What about the refrigerator is there anything in there you get for free?

The only time/place where you would get a free beverage ride would be an upgrade to the

OS DOS or GV with the complimentary 3 or 6 liter bottles of booze -

soda - fixins - mixers and mini fridge.

OR ---

put it this way all beverages in your cabin are complimentary - those outside

are not free.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

The mini bar items in your cabin all have a cost.  If you order drinks to your cabin there is a cost.

If you are in the Haven there may be a bottle of sparkling wine which is free and sometimes we've gotten one bottle of water free.

Other than that the only other free items are iced tea or coffee in the restaurants and any of the available juices or dispenser drinks (non-alcoholic) in the buffet.

Enjoy