Cancellation Confirmation?

Question for those who have cancelled cruises:  Did you receive a written acknowledgement from Royal that you cancelled before the final payment date?  My $900 deposit was booked as fully refundable and there is no FCC involved.  I'm a bit uneasy about having nothing in writing to prove that I cancelled, especially after being told that the refund to my credit card would take 30 to 45 days to show up.

Thanks for the responses.  I think it is a basic expectation in business to receive some sort of  written confirmation of any verbal agreement.  I cancelled today, a week before final payment is due but the refund to my credit card could take 30 to 45 days.  So 8 days from now I will have no way of proving that I cancelled on time or proving that I did not agree to accept FCC instead of cash.  It's a strange way for a major corporation to do business!

17 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Thanks for the responses.  I think it is a basic expectation in business to receive some sort of  written confirmation of any verbal agreement.  I cancelled today, a week before final payment is due but the refund to my credit card could take 30 to 45 days.  So 8 days from now I will have no way of proving that I cancelled on time or proving that I did not agree to accept FCC instead of cash.  It's a strange way for a major corporation to do business!

I agree. I've had to cancel previously, and received no written confirmation, which made me uneasy as well. I did eventually get my refund. I did also call several times, just to be reassured that it was in process, and nothing was going to get "lost."

You can log into your cruise online and it will either not be there or will say cancelled.  Screen shot that and you will be set.  Did you get the name of the person you talked to? Did you note the date and time you called?  I always do this in case they have to go back and listen to the recordings.  

after I canceled, I called the next day & had them confirm it was canceled & also had them tell me the $ amount being refunded & OBC being held to use in the future. As stated by others, I also did not receive an email confirmation. I too find that strange not to get something in writing.