Delayed test results - denied boarding.

Hil4902

Due to non receipt of PCR test results we were refused to board the aircraft at Gatwick.

Aircraft went at 12 noon and we finally got our negative results through via email at 8pm.

Any suggestions how I can get this cruise money back as;

1.  P&O refusing to give us FCC although is obviously COVID related.  Although other passengers at the airport experiencing the same problem with GPDQ test results were given an FCC and are going on the cruise today!

2.  Holiday insurance will not cover as "refused to board" - we were actually not allowed to board the aircraft

3.  GPQD - the PCR testing company are not replying to letters emails or phone calls

So frustrated as no one wants to take responsibility or help.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as I really am at the end of my lolly pop 😔

If you had your PCR test within the allotted time to receive your test results back in time for the cruise....do they say in writing when you should receive them back....then I would say the responsibility lies with them. If you receive no response from them I would then email them again to inform them that you are taking it further and then contact Trading Standards/Consumer Rights to see if there is any way forward with this situation. If you listen to LBC radio they have a couple of lawyers on there who you can contact with consumer problems. 

Edited by janny444

1 minute ago, janny444 said:

If you had your PCR test within the allotted time to receive your test results back in time for the cruise....do they say in writing when you should receive them back....then I would say the responsibility lies with them. If you receive no response from them I would then email them again to inform them that you are taking it further and then contact Trading Standards/Consumer Rights to see if there is any way forward with this situation. If you listen to LBC radio they have a couple of lawyers on there who you contact with consumer problems. 

I would imagine all the test companies have disclaimers about not being responsible for any costs incurred if test results are delayed tbh

I think this will need some common sense fair play from P and O myself

Maybe someone higher up there to get involved 

9 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I would imagine all the test companies have disclaimers about not being responsible for any costs incurred if test results are delayed tbh

I think this will need some common sense fair play from P and O myself

Maybe someone higher up there to get involved 

Yes you are probably right but maybe worth checking

3 hours ago, Hil4902 said:

Due to non receipt of PCR test results we were refused to board the aircraft at Gatwick.

Aircraft went at 12 noon and we finally got our negative results through via email at 8pm.

Any suggestions how I can get this cruise money back as;

1.  P&O refusing to give us FCC although is obviously COVID related.  Although other passengers at the airport experiencing the same problem with GPDQ test results were given an FCC and are going on the cruise today!

2.  Holiday insurance will not cover as "refused to board" - we were actually not allowed to board the aircraft

3.  GPQD - the PCR testing company are not replying to letters emails or phone calls

So frustrated as no one wants to take responsibility or help.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as I really am at the end of my lolly pop 😔

Sorry to hear this however I'm confused. Flights to Azura are today and tomorrow for the Christmas cruise? So not sure how aircraft left at noon (before you posted this) and then you got results at midday.

1. Do you know why you are being treated differently to other cruise passengers? Also, they won't have been given an FCC and be going on the cruise today. Have you asked P&O if they have any flight capacity tomorrow?

2. Holiday insurance - you need to look under denied boarding, although I don't rank your chances.

3. No surprise here.

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Sorry to hear this however I'm confused. Flights to Azura are today and tomorrow for the Christmas cruise? So not sure how aircraft left at noon (before you posted this) and then you got results at midday.

1. Do you know why you are being treated differently to other cruise passengers? Also, they won't have been given an FCC and be going on the cruise today. Have you asked P&O if they have any flight capacity tomorrow?

2. Holiday insurance - you need to look under denied boarding, although I don't rank your chances.

3. No surprise here.

I believe the incident was on 11 December departure and the OP has been fighting a rear guard action with the necessary parties.

Reading reviews of testing companies before purchasing our own GPQD have failed a large number of people on PCR tests.  

My suggestion is to contact your MP and insist he/she pass the problem to the Health secretary's department as they are supposed to be monitoring/removing companies from the recommended list. 

Hill4902 - I (and others it seems) have really tried to work out what happened but this section I cannot understand:

It would help if you could restate without leaving out words every now and then which destroy the logical flow for readers. Then you may get more helpful replies.

The bit in green above to me means this:

Hill4092’s test results were too late for the 11 Dec flight. However others in the same situation were given FCC and those travellers then used that FCC to book the cruise which is leaving today/tomorrow. For some reason, Hill4092 appears not to have received FCC. 

• Thanks 1

• Host Sharon changed the title to Delayed test results - denied boarding.