Best Use of Cheers!?

jslev9

5 minutes ago, claimee said:

One more thing (and thanks for all the help!!) is there any chance I'll get a deal offer for the drink package? If not, I'll just go ahead and pay for it now. But it would be just my luck that I'd pay for it and then in a day or two see a better offer... 😛

You can buy it now and cancel for full reimbursement up until the day before you cruise.

I have purchased the cheers package for a cruise only to see a further discounted deal appear. I simply cancelled my previous purchase and once I received confirmation of cancellation, turned around and purchased with the new offer. Worked like a charm! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, claimee said:

One more thing (and thanks for all the help!!) is there any chance I'll get a deal offer for the drink package? If not, I'll just go ahead and pay for it now. But it would be just my luck that I'd pay for it and then in a day or two see a better offer... 😛

No deals. The preperchase discount price is the deal. I've never seen it personally, although someone posted recently that they offered a reduced price near the end of the cruise but that seems pointless to me at that point unless on a B2B or continuing vacation after the cruise is over. 

***You can buy discounted carnival gift cards to pay for it and that will save another 10%-15% depending on where you get them. You can also take advantage of a credit card deal with a min spend bonus and use that bonus as an offset.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This topic has been super informative thank you everyone!  I'm sailing on the Mardi Gras 2/5 (Soooo Close!!!) and have started looking at some of the menus for the locations on the ship! Would anyone be able to help with the following? I have the Cheers package so would I still be able to order :

The Growler from Pig and Anchor (would the 25% discount apply and then could I use the package for the refills?)

The tasting flights (beer and whiskey?)

Get the "Hog Size It" even if I have to pay for the glass separate would I be able to get it refilled on package?

These totally aren't deal breakers I'm just getting really excited and don't want to miss out on anything or look foolish when ordering!

53 minutes ago, Sparhawk814 said:

This topic has been super informative thank you everyone!  I'm sailing on the Mardi Gras 2/5 (Soooo Close!!!) and have started looking at some of the menus for the locations on the ship! Would anyone be able to help with the following? I have the Cheers package so would I still be able to order :

The Growler from Pig and Anchor (would the 25% discount apply and then could I use the package for the refills?)

Get the "Hog Size It" even if I have to pay for the glass separate would I be able to get it refilled on package?

These totally aren't deal breakers I'm just getting really excited and don't want to miss out on anything or look foolish when ordering!

I don't think those are included in Cheers but it's not a bad thing when you're not sure to ask if it's included.  I think I read someone ordered a fresh juice and found out after it wasn't included.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sparhawk814 said:

No on all of the items you want.  Draft beer wise you get up to 15 pints a day with Cheers. Flights, floaters, beer tubes or pitchers are not included with Cheers.

The two decked Tiki Bar would be the best outside bar option, while the Fortune Teller Bar, Brass Magnolia Bar and Alchemy Bar would be the best inside option. 

• Thanks 1