Wife is worried that Carnival may cancel our cruise...How much notice would they normally give?

valandemmy

They will give you as much notice as they can.  Right now, things are changing so quickly that they cannot keep up.  Anything anyone says on these boards is an opnion.  No one knows when or if any cruises will be canceled.  I agree 26th BlerkOne.  Right now the positivity rate is 1% or less on ships.  That is lower than most cities.  If the CDC feels that cruises and/or traveling to cruises is increasing the spread of the virus at an unacceptable rate, I think the will shut it down again.  I don't think public pressure will matter.  If anything, I think that public pressure will be on them to shut them down, even though there is no need to.

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
24 minutes ago, dcwalker said:

They do what they have to do. We got a weather cancellation the night before once.

We were close to being canceled with Hurricane Ike. 

It is hard to predict what the next 30 days will bring. It is not clear how the small outbreaks are happening right now as contact tracing on a cruise ship is quite difficult. Is one person coming on board infected and spreading it to 10-20 people? Or are a dozen slipping past the tests and infecting one or two others each? The best case scenario is nothing worse happens in the next few months. The worse is that Omicron spread among vaccinated gets worse, and ships start to have outbreaks of hundreds. I think that would cancel cruises again.

The last time was very chaotic. You may remember we saw cruises disappear from the portals, and people saw odd things happen in their online accounts as cruises were canceled. Some were weeks and months ahead but of course some were just days notice for those that were close to the time they began to cancel. 

Stay close to the news and to reports here ... if you start to see others cancel in your timeframe that is a warning.

• Like 2