Cancellation / FCC

baldilocks

Hopefully, we will all see more clarification coming to the adjustment in "rules" so to speak, but right now we only have what is in print to guide our decisions.  As I watch the snow falling, as it has for many days now, I wonder what is ahead for 2022.  When people on CC would say that cruising would not get back to normal until 2023, I thought they were being a little over-dramatic.  My glass is still half full and I will monitor and adjust based on information and my personal situation; that is all any of us can do.  

19 hours ago, 360Guy said:

Thank you to all who posted.  Question:  if we cancel a cruise that includes Flights by Celebrity after making full payment, I understand that the cruise fare portion is issued as FCC that you have until 1 year from your cruise date.  What about the airfare portion?  I have read you would be charged up to a $200 per person cancellation fee but would that balance less cancellation fee be refunded?  Thanks in advance!

We made the difficult decision to cancel our Jan. 2nd Edge cruise.

We booked flights through Celebrity so here is our experience. 

I first called flights by Celebrity and the agent kept telling me that there would be a $200/person cancellation fee to cancel our nonrefundable airfare. When I specifically asked if airfare was covered under the cruise with confidence program, she changed her tune and told me that the cruise agent can add a code to the cancelled cruise reservation that would allow her to cancel the airfare booked with Celebrity with a full refund (no cancellation fee). She transferred me to a cruise agent, who cancelled our cruise under cruise with confidence and took care of calling over to a flight agent to cancel our flights as well. I would make sure to call in if you are going to invoke the cruise with confidence for your cruise and tell the agent that you would like to cancel your airfare under this program as well. This should give you a full refund with no penalty. I haven't actually gotten the refund yet but fingers crossed we actually get the full amount of our airfare back.

Hope that is helpful for anyone that is wondering about the airfare portion if you cancel a cruise in the near future.

Edited by thibodlk

First I canceled several cruises that had been booked through a travel agent, the FCC's were sent to the TA, then I booked a cruise directly with Celebrity and on that cruise I used those FCC's, now I cancel the cruise I booked directly with X. What happens with the FCC, are they sent back to the TA or will they be sent to me?

47 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

First I canceled several cruises that had been booked through a travel agent, the FCC's were sent to the TA, then I booked a cruise directly with Celebrity and on that cruise I used those FCC's, now I cancel the cruise I booked directly with X. What happens with the FCC, are they sent back to the TA or will they be sent to me?

The FCC are sent to you if booked with X.  To your TA - I received an email as well - if booked thru a TA.  

Really no difference except my TA was able to immediately use the $$ from a cruise that I had canceled on another cruise.

We await news on August from Iceland as to what will happen.