First time on NCL, likely the last time (long read)

Captain_Morgan

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

After reading Moderna several times by more than one poster I feel it necessary to offer the correct name for the specialty restaurant......

Moderna is a Covid vaccine.

Moderno is the Brazilian Steakhouse specialty restaurant on NCL ships.

Thank you.

I hate to tell you, mine was actually done by auto-correct, and by the time I noticed, edit was taken away....CC only allows you to edit for a few minutes after posting.  I guess lesson learned, ModernO is now forever going to be auto-corrected, another negative from this whole mess.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Interesting. We were on the Breakaway’s Oct. 31 sailing and found the service in the Manhattan Dining Room to be excellent. The service we had in Cagney’s was terrible. 

I really think it depends on the waiter you have.  We had an exceptional waiter at Cagney's this time.  The last several times in the Manhattan was very poor for us.  But we've had poor service at Cagney's in the past too.  

1 minute ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

I really think it depends on the waiter you have.  We had an exceptional waiter at Cagney's this time.  The last several times in the Manhattan was very poor for us.  But we've had poor service at Cagney's in the past too.  

Without a doubt it was the servers in Cagney’s. Had we not been with a friend, I would have said something. Sorry about your experience in Manhattan. We ate there a number of times. Different servers each time, all great, as was the food. 

On 12/27/2021 at 7:54 PM, ECCruise said:

We disembarked from the Getaway on the day you embarked after 28 days on the ship.  I can agree with much of what you have written since many of our experiences were very similar.  We called the ship the SS Miscommunication since much of the communication was flawed (at best).  But we found our way around that by handling many things on our own.

I have to applaud this! SS Miscommunication is a perfect description. We were also on the Getaway (in November). Apparently, some people were informed a week out that we were missing Turkish ports. I called every day and provided feedback about this communication and gave case numbers but was repeatedly lied to. I'm currently in communication with NCL guest services but they are absolutely horrible. I told them that an apology was all I was asking for and they couldn't even do that. We are nearly Platinum Plus, but I doubt if we will be sailing NCL again after we bin our future cruise deposits.