Help keep me informed!

flying fingers

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

That's what I am trying to figure out for my Jan 15th cruise.  I was reading a thread and then it seemed to disappear.

Strange too.  It wasn't even off topic yet and was actually very informative.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Not surprisingly there is a new one now.

Although many of us are anxious for details including myself many of these discussions devolve into violating the covid related discussion rules posted at the top of every page.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, davencl said:

Although many of us are anxious for details including myself many of these discussions devolve into violating the covid related discussion rules posted at the top of every page.  

Which are pretty ridiculous to begin with...but that last topic was on point with nothing but great information.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, libtrek said:

Whoops, the new thread got pulled too. About 3 minutes ago.

I just don't understand?  There was nothing against guidelines that I saw.  We were just discussing a very very important and relevent news event??

Mods, would you mind helping us understand how we can discuss this?

Edited by Lou33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, flying fingers said:

Every time I decide to follow a thread for info it goes off topic and gets pulled. I'm scheduled to sail 1/9. If anyone hears that the cancellation policy changes please post. Thinking hard about what I want to do.  Thanks😊

How about you click on this link every few hours and report to the forum when the policy changes

https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rnfulk said:

I wonder if it was the stock trading talk that got it pulled.

I don't believe so. It's off topic, but not violating covid rules. There are tons of threads that evolve to finances without being pulled. I thought there must have been some talk I missed to get that thread pulled. It seemed pretty on point to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I don't believe so. It's off topic, but not violating covid rules. There are tons of threads that evolve to finances without being pulled. I thought there must have been some talk I missed to get that thread pulled. It seemed pretty on point to me.

The new thread got pulled too, so it looks like my assumption wrong. Who knows at this point?

From the NCL website:

• If, following a declaration of a Public Health Emergency, you cancel a booking for a cruise scheduled during the declared emergency or must cancel your booking because you are prohibited from traveling to the vessel due to a governmental travel restriction, but the cruise is not cancelled, you are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. In all other cases our standard cancellation policy will apply, as set forth in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise.

Not sure if this is new language or not, but we are clearly still under a Public Health Emergency (at least, according to the Dept. of Health and Human Services), so it seems like FCC would be provided if you cancel at this point.  At least, I plan to call tomorrow and find out.

1 hour ago, rnfulk said:

I wonder if it was the stock trading talk that got it pulled.

Maybe the 1st thread, but that didn't happen in the 2nd thread, it was actually squeaky clean compared to most of the threads here.  

• Like 1