Covid testing at Port

kc.cruiser

8 minutes ago, iuki said:

So, when we schedule an appointment with CVS, we need to tell them we need a Binax Now AG PROCTORED test for a cruise.  Correct?

Thank you.

You want a rapid test for travel. Brand doesn't matter, and the fact CVS is giving you the test qualifies as proctored. Just need to confirm you will have results within hours, not days

• Like 1

Just now, fliprcruiser said:

You want a rapid test for travel. Brand doesn't matter, and the fact CVS is giving you the test qualifies as proctored. Just need to confirm you will have results within hours, not days

Thanks for the clarification.  Your response is very much appreciated.

Just now, iuki said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Your response is very much appreciated.

Our local Walgreens does it thru the drive-thru, schedule appt with all personal info on line, get in drive thru lane at scheduled time, pass the Drivers license to prove our ID, they pass swabs out thru drawer, we swab, return to clerk, get results via email within 2 hours. Pretty simple, but your CVS may be different.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, iuki said:

So, when we schedule an appointment with CVS, we need to tell them we need a Binax Now AG PROCTORED test for a cruise.  Correct?

Thank you.

Nope...    the Binax Now AG Proctored tests are the home tests that you can order if you want to test at home (via video call).    If you want to get the test at CVS, you need either an Antigen or a PCR test.    I would recommend getting a rapid test if they offer them where you live.

That being said - things could change between now and your cruise in May.    You should probably check back a little closer to your cruise to see what's required at that point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

How long is it taking to get the tests from Emed once ordered?  Do they let you know what day they will be delivered?  It is very cold here I would hate to have them sitting on my porch in 9 degree temperatures. 

I ordered from Emed on Monday and they were delivered today. I had them delivered to our hotel we are staying at. They sent an email to me and I was able to track via FedEx site. I called the concierge at the hotel and confirmed they had them 🙂 I hope this helps. 

12 hours ago, brody1104 said:

Going on Allure 2/19 and when I tried to order the test from RCI they were out of stock so I booked online to do it at the port.  There are several links on the website to schedule it.  I was curious as well about where it was located and whether to let the porters have my luggage in case I did test positive.  Lol

The testing at the port is around the corner from the Customs exit.  Once you are registered and paid you should have the results within 30-45 minutes.  

• Thanks 1

Hi guys.  It looks like this is the right topic to discuss and get answers to the testing situation I will have in a few weeks. 

I'm investigating my testing options and have decided that one of the contenders is testing at Port Canaveral near the terminal before my cruise on Mariner of the Seas in March.  I've read through the relevant FAQ at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-dont-find-a-pre-cruise-test-or-get-test-results-in-time and looked through the scheduling options at https://covlc.gomeyra.cloud/services/tests .  I'm left with a few questions and would appreciate any help:

1. Has anyone used this test to board Mariner OTS recently?  What was the experience like? 
  2. Where is this test performed?  Is it walking distance to Mariner's terminal?
  3. Can the costs of this test be billed to my onboard account or do I need a credit card?
  4. Could I get a receipt in a form that's suitable for submittal to my richer-than-King-Midas healthcare provider?
  5. Is the cost nonrefundable once I make my appointment?

If there are posts in other threads that discuss these questions, please post a link here - a direct link to the relevant post is preferred, since I prefer not to dig through 62 pages of food pictures and random thank-yous to get to the good stuff.  Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:
  • Can the costs of this test be billed to my onboard account or do I need a credit card?
  • Could I get a receipt in a form that's suitable for submittal to my richer-than-King-Midas healthcare provider?

The testing and payment is between you and the provider - RCI not involved.

Probably, but depends on the details of what your ins co needs.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mscinmia said:

The testing at the port is around the corner from the Customs exit.  Once you are registered and paid you should have the results within 30-45 minutes.  

Thank you so much.  Did you keep your bags with you in case you tested positive? And then gave them to the porters after?

1 hour ago, brody1104 said:

Thank you so much.  Did you keep your bags with you in case you tested positive? And then gave them to the porters after?

1 hour ago, brody1104 said:

I would, this way if you did you would not have to hang around the terminal waiting for them to retrieve your luggage.  Hopefully you won't have to deal with that!!  On another note there is a local lab on 17th St around the corner from the port that offers the anitgen test for $49 also a quick turn around.  They do not take appointments however.  labdoctor dot org

2 hours ago, mscinmia said:

I would, this way if you did you would not have to hang around the terminal waiting for them to retrieve your luggage.  Hopefully you won't have to deal with that!!  On another note there is a local lab on 17th St around the corner from the port that offers the anitgen test for $49 also a quick turn around.  They do not take appointments however.  labdoctor dot org

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 3:21 PM, elleluv said:

Nope...    the Binax Now AG Proctored tests are the home tests that you can order if you want to test at home (via video call).    If you want to get the test at CVS, you need either an Antigen or a PCR test.    I would recommend getting a rapid test if they offer them where you live.

That being said - things could change between now and your cruise in May.    You should probably check back a little closer to your cruise to see what's required at that point.

Thanks for the specifics.  I’ve never had to do a test yet.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:56 PM, iuki said:

We ordered the free home tests (4 per address) that the postal service is sending out at the end of the month.  Can they be used for our cruise at the end of May?  

I don’t think they can be used as they are not proctored.

11 hours ago, Sweetsue5680 said:

I don’t think they can be used as they are not proctored.

I am looking for information for Galveston port after getting off the ship. We need a rapid pcr test to get back to Canada this April.