Free excursions

Ajkcruiser

You can also take as many at each port as you like as long as the times don't overlap.
You could do one AM & one PM and get 2 x $50 for the first guest.

If you book something under $50 you get full value for the first guest only.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies … so a catamaran excursion is 90 bucks … I get 50 off and the rest of my group pays full price? But if the excursion is less then 50…. I get it for free and the rest of my group still pays full price ?

Thanks 

4 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

You can also take as many at each port as you like as long as the times don't overlap.
You could do one AM & one PM and get 2 x $50 for the first guest.

Isn`t it only 50$ per port no matter how many excursions you take?

3 hours ago, odie1024 said:

No, NCL changed it to 50 per excursion for the first person in the cabin. See the link above your post.

I never knew that.... not that I would ever choose to do 2 NCL excursions at the same port. Maybe if I had an overnight stop somewhere I suppose... 

Regardless, I still think it's silly they continue to call it "free" excursions when they offer at best 1 excursion that is $50 or less at each port. They'd be better off marketing it as $100/cabin - then one person would truly be "free" a decent amount of the time (or at least deeply discounted where you don't fee cheated).

Another change NCL made was you previously could use the credit to rent equipment such as snorkeling gear, paddle boards, kayaks, etc.  That often meant the first person got theirs free and the second person only had to pay a portion. Now it is only for excursions for the first person.  

5 hours ago, farjar said:

Another change NCL made was you previously could use the credit to rent equipment such as snorkeling gear, paddle boards, kayaks, etc.  That often meant the first person got theirs free and the second person only had to pay a portion. Now it is only for excursions for the first person.  

Do you know if it can still be used to rent a clam shell at Great Stirrup Cay? I have used it for that in the past. I may want to book an excursion for GSC otherwise. I want to be able to get on one of the early tenders.

5 hours ago, farjar said:

Oddly, it worked differently when we used it on the Encore in October.  DW and I both purchased the ~$35 short boat ride from Ketchican back to the ship.  We received my full $50 shorex credit, so technically mine was free and she saved some additional $$$ off of hers.  Yeah, it's a big yawn, but I'll take a few free extra bucks any day.  😎

11 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Do you know if it can still be used to rent a clam shell at Great Stirrup Cay? I have used it for that in the past. I may want to book an excursion for GSC otherwise. I want to be able to get on one of the early tenders.

No longer. We were on Escape 12/4 and rented a clamshell. No credit received and when I went to Guest services they explained it was considered equipment rental