Sleeping on the couch

The beds on Mardi Gras are hard. I mean rock hard. I slept on the sofa every night and I didn't ask the steward to convert it (sheets and extra comforter are usually in the closet or in the drawers under the sofa ships pre Mardi Gras). I slept on the sofa part and slept well. But they make sofa beds out of them, like if you have a sofa bed at your house that converts into a bed. 

• Like 1

If your handle is any indicator, you'll sleep fine! You can sleep anywhere with enough gin/booze lol. A lounger on deck has sufficed for many, a couch would be an upgrade. 

On a serious note, I would double check moving people around for more cabins. Rates seem to be best for two to a cabin. Right now it might be smart to maximize the number of cabins and spread out. Two cabins with two each is cheaper than one with four. Worth looking into IMO. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vamartha said:

The beds on Mardi Gras are hard. I mean rock hard. I slept on the sofa every night and I didn't ask the steward to convert it (sheets and extra comforter are usually in the closet or in the drawers under the sofa ships pre Mardi Gras). I slept on the sofa part and slept well. But they make sofa beds out of them, like if you have a sofa bed at your house that converts into a bed. 

I like a soft mattress but I thought our bed on Mardi Gras was pretty comfortable.  Nothing has beat the bed we had on Magic though, that one was awesome.  🙂

1 hour ago, cruisemom2 said:

I like a soft mattress but I thought our bed on Mardi Gras was pretty comfortable.  Nothing has beat the bed we had on Magic though, that one was awesome.  🙂

Everyone who went on our Panorama trip complimented the beds. I was quite surprised how everyone mentioned how well they slept and how comfortable the mattresses were. 

• Like 1

The beds are more comfortable. Couch is super firm. I believe most if not all rooms on exterior of ship (IE balcony, havana cabana, etc..) will have a couch that converts to bed. A few rooms will have one drop down to fit a fourth person, but if you have 3 people they may not allow you to book those rooms. Researched this for a while to figure it out 🙂  Luckily I have at least one of the four of us willing to make do with the couch bed so we can have a balcony!

I've slept on the couch -- turned into a bed by the steward for the duration of the cruise -- on a few cruises and had no problems with it.  I slept about as well as I have in a regular Carnival split-bed.  (My two married cruise-friends had first dibs on the regular bed, of course.)  

I'm not sure why, but I never seem to sleep as well on Royal, but I get good sleep on Carnival.  Is it the bedding?  The pillow?   I dunno, but it's been consistent across ships.