Bahamas to accept PCR tests only

Javajitterz

Bahamas to accept PCR tests only

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/jan-3-update-bahamas-accept-pcr-only-scenic-eclipse-antarctica-restart

Effective Jan. 7, all travelers 2 and older — regardless of vaccination status — will be required to present a negative PCR test taken within three days before entry into the Bahamas.

Rapid antigen tests will no longer be accepted.

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

My cruise goes to Great Stirrup Cay.  I wonder how the cruise line will deal with this requirement.  Testing on the ship?  Skipping the port altogether?

It was always a crapshoot as to whether we'd actually make GSC, my guess is they just skip the port without letting anyone know ahead of time and just do an "sea day" announcement the night before. They don't want to be testing everyone while at sea, a ton of people would test positive and they would rather not know

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

This is not for cruiseship passengers embarking in the US.

Can you provide the link to that documentation that it doesnt apply? Just curious. It doesn't state that anywhere on their official government website.

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

It’s always PCR tests here in Bermuda for all travelers to the island - by air and by ship. 

SO our cruise stopped in GSC on the last day of an 11 day cruise.  We only had rapid antigen which was taken on the dock on 12/23/2021.  Out stop in GSC was on 1/2/2022....no further testing was done and we were allowed to debark the ship and tender to the island.

• Like 1

What a pain if true.  I was on the first Breakaway sailing to Bermuda on Sept 26 th. The PCR requirement cost us an extra $500 plus a lot of headaches. 

I really hope this is not going to be a mandate to get on the ship. I am booked on the Getaway and really don’t want to go through that again. 

51 minutes ago, bassmaster150 said:

SO our cruise stopped in GSC on the last day of an 11 day cruise.  We only had rapid antigen which was taken on the dock on 12/23/2021.  Out stop in GSC was on 1/2/2022....no further testing was done and we were allowed to debark the ship and tender to the island.

I was stating the fact that Bermuda has always  wanted PCR test results, not antigen, from the beginning, for all travelers - air and cruise …. Bahamas has just announced they want PCR for air travelers but it hasn’t been announced if PCR tests are needed for cruisers - or not. 

PCR tests for air travelers to Bahamas come into effect on Jan 7. No antigen. 

5 hours ago, omyjamie said:

Can you provide the link to that documentation that it doesnt apply? Just curious. It doesn't state that anywhere on their official government website.

The Bahamas also requires you to apply for a Health Visa and purchase their COVID insurance. But not for port calls. 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Bahamas also requires you to apply for a Health Visa and purchase their COVID insurance. But not for port calls. 

Very True! I guess I should have read between the lines.. but its so crazy these days, who knows what they are thinking.