Electronic Proof of Vaccination

22 minutes ago, NJCruiser78 said:I don't know if I will be able to get another card since FL says that new cards can take several weeks to arrive...

Not sure, but based upon your name, I'm guessing you didn't get your shots in FL. Florida has a database where they record all shots given to you in the state. If you got the shots in the state, they can tell you when and where. You would then go to the place where you got each shot and have them provide you with something that validates the shot.

I'm not understanding how Florida will provide you with any sort of CDC card if you did t get your shot in the state. Can you help me understand?

8 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

"Irreplaceable"? Hardly. Go back to the pharmacy/location where you got your shots and have them provide you with a new one....easy peasy

Not always. At least publix is still steadfast that they don't give replacements. When I went to go get my booster heard them tell the person in front of me to call the county health department and see if they'd help. Has me **** terrified to lose it. I dunno what their problem is when cvs has no problem giving you another one. 

15 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Not sure, but based upon your name, I'm guessing you didn't get your shots in FL. Florida has a database where they record all shots given to you in the state. If you got the shots in the state, they can tell you when and where. You would then go to the place where you got each shot and have them provide you with something that validates the shot.

I'm not understanding how Florida will provide you with any sort of CDC card if you did t get your shot in the state. Can you help me understand?

Allow me to explain. Originally from NJ, live now (and got my shots in) Miami

Just now, smplybcause said:

Not always. At least publix is still steadfast that they don't give replacements. When I went to go get my booster heard them tell the person in front of me to call the county health department and see if they'd help. Has me **** terrified to lose it. I dunno what their problem is when cvs has no problem giving you another one. 

I work in the Pharmacy at Publix and what you have just said is not correct (at least at my store). As long as you GOT your shots at a Publix, we are glad to provide you with a replacement ( we do it all the time.....not sure how people "lose" an important document like your CDC card, but it happens a lot!) When giving shots #1 and #2, I told everyone, "Do NOT laminate your card! Do NOT keep this card with you, in your wallet, in your purse....it WILL get lost or damaged. Put it with your passport so it is in a safe place and you know where it is. Take a photo of the card in case anyone wants to see it". I had to have said that a bazillion times.

If you got your shot at another location, you have to go to THAT location to get a replacement. Publix cannot vouch for any location other than another Publix (if your shot was in another state's Publix, we can still validate the shot and provide you with a replacement). CVS is in the same boat....they can only vouch for what happened in their system. If you got the shot in another state and another in Florida (not a Publix store), we can only see what happened in Florida, we do not have access to any other state's database.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJCruiser78 said:

Allow me to explain. Originally from NJ, live now (and got my shots in) Miami

Go to the places where you got your shots and they will provide you with a replacement for the shots you got at that location.

Just now, CaroleSS said:

Go to the places where you got your shots and they will provide you with a replacement for the shots you got at that location.

I called UHealth, they said they don't provide replacements. My best hopes are now 1. I scheduled myself to get the booster shot tomorrow at the same place (yes, I know I should've gotten it already...) and going to ask if they can fill out my card from the beginning. If that fails, I still have the full record on their site, with lot #, DOB, etc. I will print that out & bring it. 

Please let me clarify.....

on your CDC card is your name, birthdate, the shot you received, the lot number of the vaccine and it's expiration date. Only the location where you received that shot has those specific details. Florida Shots can tell me that to got X shot at Y location, but it cannot tell me the lot and expiration date of that vaccine.....those are important pieces of information and have to be recorded on the CDC card.

To have those pieces of information, you must go back to the original location of said shot. If they tell you they "can't" give you a replacement, it is likely just that they don't "want" to for some reason. Our store prints new cards all the time, but ONLY for shots give at another Publix store.

I can't speak to Florida, but in my state we can see doses given anywhere in the state so routinely fill out replacement cards for people coming for their boosters without cards. I would ask nicely if the place you are going for your booster would be able to do that for you. 

5 minutes ago, NJCruiser78 said:

I called UHealth, they said they don't provide replacements. My best hopes are now 1. I scheduled myself to get the booster shot tomorrow at the same place (yes, I know I should've gotten it already...) and going to ask if they can fill out my card from the beginning. If that fails, I still have the full record on their site, with lot #, DOB, etc. I will print that out & bring it. 

UHealth does not have all the data necessary to provide you with a replacement. They know you got the shot, but not the details.

When you go to get your booster, if you got your first two shots at the same pharmacy (Publix, CVS).....not at the county health department.....ask for a replacement card. They should be glad to provide you with one.

2 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Please let me clarify.....

on your CDC card is your name, birthdate, the shot you received, the lot number of the vaccine and it's expiration date. Only the location where you received that shot has those specific details. Florida Shots can tell me that to got X shot at Y location, but it cannot tell me the lot and expiration date of that vaccine.....those are important pieces of information and have to be recorded on the CDC card.

To have those pieces of information, you must go back to the original location of said shot. If they tell you they "can't" give you a replacement, it is likely just that they don't "want" to for some reason. Our store prints new cards all the time, but ONLY for shots give at another Publix store.

That makes sense. That information is all on their database and thus on my electronic pass on my phone. I'm hopeful they'll just fill it out for me tomorrow, I am going back to the exact same place. I guess my original question for this thread was that if I have all the above information, but it is electronic rather than on the card, would it be accepted. On other forums, I have seen the answer seems to be yes...

I have boarded recently with my electronic proof of vaccination in the Docket app. I had my card just in case but I like not having to take it out and risk losing it. I'm not sure what the QR code in your apple wallet looks like but if it shows the dates and dose 1 and 2 given that may suffice. 

• Like 1

That is a question for Royal to answer. They determine what is acceptable and what is not. I suggest you call Customer Support for the "correct" answer.

RedIguana in post #19 posted what RCCL says. What someone says on a forum might and might not be acceptable at the pier and I wouldn't risk it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaroleSS said:

"Irreplaceable"? Hardly. Go back to the pharmacy/location where you got your shots and have them provide you with a new one....easy peasy

My original 2 shots were at my local county fairgrounds, a temporary pop-up site. It no longer exists to go back to. I am not sure if I could get a replacement from the county health department. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

My original 2 shots were at my local county fairgrounds, a temporary pop-up site. It no longer exists to go back to. I am not sure if I could get a replacement from the county health department. 

And this is my brothers issue too.  Mass vaccination site at Gillette Stadium NEVER GAVE HIM A CARD!!!  This was very early in the vaccination process and no one knew then how critical that piece of paper was.  He lives in Massachusetts and they have a website set up specifically for this issue.  He has 5 weeks to get it fixed and I am crossing my fingers!!  Additionally, if you read the Royal requirements carefully, #3 does say you can have written confirmation of the shots along with what needs  to be included.  

(3) a letter from the guest's medical provider that administered the vaccination, which meets the following criteria:

The Proof of Vaccination must include the name of the vaccinated person matching the registered cruise guest with date of birth (DoB), the dates of the completed vaccination cycle, the administering physical or medical services provider, and the manufacturer of the vaccine issued.

2 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I have boarded recently with my electronic proof of vaccination in the Docket app. I had my card just in case but I like not having to take it out and risk losing it. I'm not sure what the QR code in your apple wallet looks like but if it shows the dates and dose 1 and 2 given that may suffice. 

Good to hear! My apple wallet shows all the necessary info and luckily I still have a picture of the card. I will report back upon boarding (hopefully)

18 minutes ago, Motor City said:

I’m curious about anyone that has cruise’d without an original CDC card.

We sail in a few weeks, my daughter lost hers , but does have an electronic copy from our health dept.

I boarded Navigator without showing my paper card. I asked if showing them on my phone was acceptable and received an enthusiastic "yes, of course." Very fast boarding process, they are just checking dates and you are good to go. I also showed my covid results on my phone. The boarding agent seemed to like it, again just looking for the name, date, and result.

You can save these to your phone so you can show them without internet in case you are worried about losing your connection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

I work in the Pharmacy at Publix and what you have just said is not correct (at least at my store). As long as you GOT your shots at a Publix, we are glad to provide you with a replacement ( we do it all the time.....not sure how people "lose" an important document like your CDC card, but it happens a lot!) When giving shots #1 and #2, I told everyone, "Do NOT laminate your card! Do NOT keep this card with you, in your wallet, in your purse....it WILL get lost or damaged. Put it with your passport so it is in a safe place and you know where it is. Take a photo of the card in case anyone wants to see it". I had to have said that a bazillion times.

If you got your shot at another location, you have to go to THAT location to get a replacement. Publix cannot vouch for any location other than another Publix (if your shot was in another state's Publix, we can still validate the shot and provide you with a replacement). CVS is in the same boat....they can only vouch for what happened in their system. If you got the shot in another state and another in Florida (not a Publix store), we can only see what happened in Florida, we do not have access to any other state's database.

That's good to hear. All my shots were from publix. Maybe if I do lose it I'll go to a different Publix location. Maybe that location is just odd. They used stickers to record each of my shots so my booster proof is actually stuck to the back because the stickers of the first two shots took up the entire front. 

Edited by smplybcause

In FL all who administer Covid Vaccines are required to register for the online database (FLSHOTS) and upload the data.  This data should include the lot number, date, etc.  Therefore anyone with access of the database, like a PCP, can recreate a Vaccine card if needed assuming they have access but most PCP offices do now.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I boarded Navigator without showing my paper card. I asked if showing them on my phone was acceptable and received an enthusiastic "yes, of course." Very fast boarding process, they are just checking dates and you are good to go. I also showed my covid results on my phone. The boarding agent seemed to like it, again just looking for the name, date, and result.

You can save these to your phone so you can show them without internet in case you are worried about losing your connection.

This is good to hear. Might I ask what port you left from?

On 1/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, Frisnina said:

Hello,

Our state just authorized us to load our COVID-19 vaccination card records to our Apple Wallets. Will Royal Caribbean accept that as proof or do we need to bring our physical card?

Thanks!

Just bring the original cards with you already, they don't take up much room

Update on my brother: he was sent a form from the Massachusetts Dept of health called a Covid-19 Smart Health Card.  As far as I can see, it covers all requirements for vaccination documentation and also has a scannable QR code.  Cruise is in 4 weeks, I’ll report back.

• Like 1