Live From Orion “French Polynesia Jan 5 2022”

RICHARDandSTEFAN

2 hours ago, prunderw said:

Captain just reported positive covid case, 12 days without any covid cases.  Close contacts and positive case has been isolated.  No impact currently on tomorrow's port call in Nuku Hiva.

Great open and transparent communication from our Captain and Viking.

I don’t think you should put this on the internet.  These announcements are for our passengers only!  Viking is doing everything in their power to keep us safe and no cruise line does it better!  Putting this on the internet makes it look like they are not.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neferteri said:

I don’t think you should put this on the internet.  These announcements are for our passengers only!  Viking is doing everything in their power to keep us safe and no cruise line does it better!  Putting this on the internet makes it look like they are not.

I disagree. The OP states how clear communication and effective action on Viking is indeed keeping all passengers safe and I find that very reassuring.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, prunderw said:

Captain just reported positive covid case, 12 days without any covid cases.  Close contacts and positive case has been isolated.  No impact currently on tomorrow's port call in Nuku Hiva.

Great open and transparent communication from our Captain and Viking.

Thank you for telling us. Yes, open communication and transparency is important. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Neferteri said:

Just the opposite.

• Like 5

Personally I like the fact that Viking is openly communicating with you guys on Covid situations and that the info is shared on the internet. People need to be informed so they can make their own decisions as whether they want to travel in the future. A case of Covid acquired off ship should not be a huge surprise to anyone. If info like this scares anyone off from future cruising with Viking, then they were not prepared to cruise with them to begin with and should stay home.
Things like this are bound to happen and the fact that Viking has isolated and secured the situation should be reassuring to future cruisers, not  scaring them away. Good job Viking, and have a safe remainder of your cruise guys! 
Gary

Edited by DonandGary
  • Like 11

12 hours ago, Neferteri said:

I disagree, actually this is a very good idea.  Passengers from other lines have been stonewalled about covid cases onboard and the fact that Viking is so open about it is a very good thing.  I don’t know if it is company policy, but on our cruise from Athens to Santiago on the Jupiter, the captain let us know how many cases were on board daily.  We had none until after we picked up passengers in Buenos Aires.  
I don’t think anyone here thinks that Viking is not doing everything in their power to keep us safe by being open about this topic.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, RlyLvn said:

So sorry to hear that someone tested positive. I was so happy that you were without Covid. 

Do yo know if they will have to isolate all the way back to LA?

I would imagine until they test negative, but not sure.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, takemewithyou said:

Wonderful pictures everyone!  Enjoying your reports!

Have a future cruise booked on Orion.  
Can any of you give opinions on the mattresses?

Are they firm ?  I have read reports of firm mattresses.

Thanks!

We always have our steward/stewardess add a mattress topper on our bed. Makes it even more luxurious 

• Thanks 1

Crew was allowed off to swim today. They couldn’t touch land as the tender simply anchored off shore. Richard and I were at the gangway and handed them bottles of water and wished them all a fun swim, as they boarded the tender. It’s the least we could do as the crew has been treating us all with perfection. 

E2C452EF-199C-4F2B-B6B1-BB2AFE85CFCB.jpeg

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, RICHARDandSTEFAN said:

Crew was allowed off to swim today. They couldn’t touch land as the tender simply anchored off shore. Richard and I were at the gangway and handed them bottles of water and wished them all a fun swim, as they boarded the tender. It’s the least we could do as the crew has been treating us all with perfection. 

I love it!  You are so correct the crew deserves this and has been so amazing!!!!!!!😁

24 minutes ago, dolphinlady1957 said:

Do they really do daily PCR tests and does everyone have a contract tracing device to wear?

Yes and yes.  Also take temp daily, daily health questionnaire and masks unless you are in your cabin, eating and drinking, or swimming.   We've found it all pretty easy to get used to.  

• Like 3

i think its a great idea to let everyone as it's real life!   I would think at least 2 -3 cases each trip out.  I myself will be on in Feb 23.   so makes sense to me to report it    thanks    

ps   do you also have to wear masks while at pool?

19 hours ago, RICHARDandSTEFAN said:

Nicely done!

Why are the crew not allowed to go onshore, same as pax?

7 hours ago, rosewood jo said:

i think its a great idea to let everyone as it's real life!   I would think at least 2 -3 cases each trip out.  I myself will be on in Feb 23.   so makes sense to me to report it    thanks    

ps   do you also have to wear masks while at pool?

Officially yes, unless you are eating, drinking or in the water.  They constantly offer glasses of ice water  (+ adult beverages) so if not in the mood to wear it keep sipping on your water.  Ive only been  very nicely reminded 1 time by the pool that I needed to have it on.