Updated Cancellation Policy - Refunds on RCL!

Veinless

Interesting, I hope the wording is just off, but it appears they've taken away "Antigen test" and only have PCR now....

All vaccinated guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken as either as an PCR test conducted within two days of embarkation and complete a health questionnaire prior to sailing.

9 minutes ago, cdel71 said:

Interesting, I hope the wording is just off, but it appears they've taken away "Antigen test" and only have PCR now....

All vaccinated guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken as either as an PCR test conducted within two days of embarkation and complete a health questionnaire prior to sailing.

5 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Which is strange because when you go into the FAQs it contradict the first page.  So which one to follow now?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

I think this is another case where X got their wires crossed. 

Royal Caribbean recently changed their testing requirement such that unvaccinated children between 2-11 must take a PCR test within 3 days of sailing and then take an antigen test at the pier (before the change, the first test could be either PCR or antigen).  All vaccinated guests still only need to present either PCR or antigen taken within 2 days of sailing.

That's probably the change they are trying to make, but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

My vote goes to bad editing.  Why say either with out an or?  " taken as either as an PCR test conducted". It should read either as an PCR or Antigen test

That stood out to me, too, and it's one of the reasons I think they just some wires crossed on what to post.

X strikes again with their website update.  I called Celebrity and asked the agent to check with their lead and both confirmed that PCR and Antigen are accepted and asked them to note my reservation.  I am all for testing but right now the turnaround time for a traditional PCR test  result TURNAROUND TIME is so unreliable that I can’t even count on the 48 hours mark anymore and have to go rapid to meet their time line requirement.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

X strikes again with their website update.  I called Celebrity and asked the agent to check with their lead and both confirmed that PCR and Antigen are accepted and asked them to note my reservation.  I am all for testing but right now the turnaround time for a traditional PCR test  result TURNAROUND TIME is so unreliable that I can’t even count on the 48 hours mark anymore and have to go rapid to meet their time line requirement.

Thank you for running that down.

Just as an aside, we can get same-day PCR results around where we live.  While I expect those may not be available everywhere, they would be an option for many.

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Thank you for running that down.

Just as an aside, we can get same-day PCR results around where we live.  While I expect those may not be available everywhere, they would be an option for many.

Lucky because where we are NYC / NJ Metro it is like lining up to buy concert tickets to the hottest artist in town and your result time will vary!

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Lucky because where we are NYC / NJ Metro it is like lining up to buy concert tickets to the hottest artist in town and your result time will vary!

Same in Fla..long lines,  test shortage, no idea of result turn around??

11 hours ago, hcat said:

Same in Fla..long lines,  test shortage, no idea of result turn around??

If they do change it, it's going to cause many to miss their trip. We were booked at one place there in FLL and they have closed because they aren't able to get any tests. When we spoke with someone in their office (after days of calling) they said didn't know when or if they could reopen. Told me, before closing, the lines were so long they couldn't test all of them. 

Somehow, the topic went from refunds by RCL to testing.  Is Celebrity offering the same complete refund as RCL? We cancelled our Celebrity Jan. 3 trip and are now waiting for our certificates, which I understand can take months.  I cancelled my 2 excursions about a week prior to cancelling the cruise and I am still waiting for the credit to appear on my credit card.  Does that credit take as long as when cancelling the entire cruise?  It is unfortunate in the situation we are all in that information isn't up to the minute.  For instance, I cannot find where mask wearing is mandatory outside and in on their website.  I read it on these boards that now Celebrity also has that requirement.