After cancellation what's next?

crimsonbird

We cancelled our February cruises yesterday.  How soon should we receive documentation that shows our FCC?  When can it be used?  It's as if our bookings have fallen nto the abyss.  Appreciate hearing what the experience of others has been.  

I've never received documentation on a cancellation, but we've never canceled much either. Our March 2020 that Princess had to cancel just showed up in our online accounts. As NavArch4 said, that will have an ID# and a sail by date. It took about a week to show up there.

51 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I've never received documentation on a cancellation, but we've never canceled much either. Our March 2020 that Princess had to cancel just showed up in our online accounts. As NavArch4 said, that will have an ID# and a sail by date. It took about a week to show up there.

Thanks.   Good to know it took a little time.  Nothing is there today.  

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:52 AM, crimsonbird said:

We cancelled our February cruises yesterday.  How soon should we receive documentation that shows our FCC?  When can it be used?  It's as if our bookings have fallen nto the abyss.  Appreciate hearing what the experience of others has been.  

It really varies.  Our March 2020 pause cruise in S America showed up 5 mos later.  Now, due to a lot of cancellations also, it says on their website up to 60 days.  We had some show up in our accounts, as we were rebooking 3 cruises.  But I expect the rest will take a month or two.  

On 1/5/2022 at 10:52 AM, crimsonbird said:

Hi, we are thinking about canceling our cruise scheduled for February 20. Did you cancel with a representative? I am not sure I understand their cancellation policy. I appreciate any information you have.

28 minutes ago, max&toni said:

Hi, we are thinking about canceling our cruise scheduled for February 20. Did you cancel with a representative? I am not sure I understand their cancellation policy. I appreciate any information you have.

We cancelled with a princess rep over the phone.  The least complicated way is to cancel when the cruise is more than 30 days away.  If you wait then the princess insurance plan comes into play.. if you have one.  At that point you will lose the money you paid for the insurance policy because you are actually using it. Also the cancel for any reason clause in the policy may have financial limitations.   If you cancel before the 30 window the cost of the insurance is refunded to you in the form of future credit.  If you don't have insurance, and cancel after the 30 day opportunity...most will be lost unless you test positive for covid.  Then you may get a cash refund.  I have to tell you...a weight was lifted after we cancelled.   This is just not the time for us.  Good luck whatever you decide.

21 minutes ago, max&toni said:

Need more information. Did you use a TA or Direct with Princess? Do you have insurance?

Quick response: Call TA or Princess and ask to cancel under Book with Confidence. This will avoid any cancellation penalties including the cost of Princess insurance, if you have it. Must do this 30+ days before sail date. My guess is you would have 50% cancellation fee, returned eventually as FCC. The other 50% should be returned to your credit card. Cost of insurance and possibly non-refundable deposit might come into play. However, all cancellation fees should be covered by FCC to be used by Dec 31, 2022. Princess does not allow you to simply move to the same cruise at a future date. You must cancel and rebook. 

1 minute ago, crimsonbird said:

We cancelled with a princess rep over the phone.  The least complicated way is to cancel when the cruise is more than 30 days away.  If you wait then the princess insurance plan comes into play.. if you have one.  At that point you will lose the money you paid for the insurance policy because you are actually using it. Also the cancel for any reason clause in the policy may have financial limitations.   If you cancel before the 30 window the cost of the insurance is refunded to you in the form of future credit.  If you don't have insurance, and cancel after the 30 day opportunity...most will be lost unless you test positive for covid.  Then you may get a cash refund.  I have to tell you...a weight was lifted after we cancelled.   This is just not the time for us.  Good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks for the information. We just don't feel comfortable right now with cruising. We called Princess and oddly they were not much help with information on what we could expect in terms of FCC. It could just be who we spoke with. Hope you get to cruise again soon!

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Need more information. Did you use a TA or Direct with Princess? Do you have insurance?

Quick response: Call TA or Princess and ask to cancel under Book with Confidence. This will avoid any cancellation penalties including the cost of Princess insurance, if you have it. Must do this 30+ days before sail date. My guess is you would have 50% cancellation fee, returned eventually as FCC. The other 50% should be returned to your credit card. Cost of insurance and possibly non-refundable deposit might come into play. However, all cancellation fees should be covered by FCC to be used by Dec 31, 2022. Princess does not allow you to simply move to the same cruise at a future date. You must cancel and rebook. 

We did not purchase insurance. First time we haven't done that and I'm not sure where my brain was. This is very helpful information. We would be very happy with FCC for what we paid. We have got another cruise picked out for the fall. Thanks for the information!

2 minutes ago, max&toni said:

We did not purchase insurance. First time we haven't done that and I'm not sure where my brain was. This is very helpful information. We would be very happy with FCC for what we paid. We have got another cruise picked out for the fall. Thanks for the information!

Your FCC should be cleared by Fall, another poster had paid for future cruise and when FCC was awarded, Princess refunded that amount to them. FAQ also suggests you advise Princess if you have a cruise that might be waiting for FCC.

16 minutes ago, max&toni said:

Everything we were entitled to came back to our credit card within a couple of days.  About 4 days later we could see all credits and print them out, on the Princess website under our account.