Jan 5, 2022 CDC announcement

1 hour ago, SumoCitrus said:

Excellent news! I will resume cruising as soon as they get rid of the vaccine requirements.

Not me.  I would consider resuming cruising when the mask requirements for guests and crew are eliminated.  Vaccine requirements?  Why not?  If one accepts vaccination against other diseases, it's becoming increasingly clear--at least to me--that Covid is joining the group that includes Polio, Smallpox, Pertussis, etc.   Covid does not care whether one is "purple, pink, black, white, red, blue, or whatever color".  The virus contacts an unvaccinated one and says"  Oh, goody!  I can keep surviving!    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SumoCitrus said:

Excellent news! I will resume cruising as soon as they get rid of the vaccine requirements.

FWIW, I just got an email from Holland today about "new details" to my March 2023 Southern Caribbean cruise.  All guests must have received and attest to having the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to departure. Each person must complete the Cruise Contract, COVID-19 Risk Acknowledgement and COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation at least 24 hours before you embark.

I didn't think those details were new, but that's what Holland America sent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PACD_JG said:

FWIW, I just got an email from Holland today…All guests must have received and attest to having the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to departure.

I wonder if they’re preparing for when the CDC broadens the definition of “fully vaccinated” to include a booster.

23 hours ago, PACD_JG said:

FWIW, I just got an email from Holland today about "new details" to my March 2023 Southern Caribbean cruise.  All guests must have received and attest to having the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to departure. Each person must complete the Cruise Contract, COVID-19 Risk Acknowledgement and COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation at least 24 hours before you embark.

I didn't think those details were new, but that's what Holland America sent.

I guess HAL is planning way ahead.....your cruise is over a year from now. 

On 1/5/2022 at 9:47 PM, nocl said:

Now with vaccination it means mild illness with a short quarantine. Sometime things will change but not in this year.

Perhaps it means mild illness with a short quarantine, but as long as the virus replicates it can mutate!

11 minutes ago, PamKB said:

Perhaps it means mild illness with a short quarantine, but as long as the virus replicates it can mutate!

Certainly, but those are the characteristics of the variant we are dealing with today for those vaccinated.  When and if a worse variant appears then one will have to take in the characteristics of that variant.

please stay home if cruising makes you nervous - people get sick everywhere - norovirus has always been on cruise ships and whole ships have gotten it.  Covid is out there - the van won't stop it, the booster won't stop it but that little thin blue mask makes all the difference.  LOL   We have to comply with the rules - right or not.   I will not stop cruising and I will not be afraid. 

This trip will be amazing and we will have great fun.   for most vaccinated people right now its Coldvid    See all you brave folks on board

• Like 2