Current Cancellation Terms?

Rick&Jeannie

A couple of days ago various people were posting that there was a special recorded message when you called Princess stating that January cruises could be cancelled.  It appears that this message is no longer in place...or I just didn't know how to find it.  (If it was the initial answering response...there's nothing special now.)

For anybody who has taken advantage of this opportunity...what are the conditions and/or requirements?

I was informed that the full fare was available to claim for refund by going through Aon Infinity.  To my knowledge I never got any documents regarding the Princess insurance.  Anybody know the process and how to start the ball rolling?

I haven’t seen anything about full fare refund via insurance, you may want to talk to Princess or your TA first about your options.  If you are more than 30 days from sailing Book with Confidence should apply, if you are less than 30 days from sailing then you may be thinking of “cancel for any reason” under Princess Insurance (which would typically be a FCC).

To see your policy log on to Cruise Personalizer, click on print travel summary/ luggage tags, that will bring up an area where you can click to see more information on travel protection and allows you to enter your state and download your policy which includes information on claims.  Claims can be filed by visiting aontravelclaim.com or calling 877-846-8833

I got refund for 2 short January cruises, split between FCC and refund to CC. FCC applied to my April cruise. Customer Service Rep was excellent trying to get me the best possible deal. Took several conversations with her supervisor to get airfare refunded as a FCC. Personal Vacation Protection was also refunded (insurance premium). The only thing I lost was 1 night's specialty dining that Princess had gifted to me earlier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, happywhencruising said:

The only thing I lost was 1 night's specialty dining that Princess had gifted to me earlier.

Did you check if April cruise includes specialty dining? We are looking at Feb to April change and April includes specialty dining.

Question relating to 'Price Match'. We have a Feb19 replacement from Sep 2021 Princess cancellation.  If we cancel Feb 19, do we get FCC for Sept 19 cost? I understand Price Match does not give any FCC if Replacement Cruise is less than original.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Question relating to 'Price Match'. We have a Feb19 replacement from Sep 2021 Princess cancellation.  If we cancel Feb 19, do we get FCC for Sept 19 cost? I understand Price Match does not give any FCC if Replacement Cruise is less than original.

I think if you cancel more than 30 days out, your FCC should be put back on your account. Check with Princess Customer Service. I'm not an expert!

My TA shared info received from Princess to clarify the recent cancelation situation.

Cancellations on a January 2022 sailing made between Dec 31, 2021 and Jan 4, 2022: 

Over the New Year holiday weekend, Princess refared all bookings on January sailings to not charge a cancellation fee on the cruise fare.  This was a temporary guest-centric policy while our contact center was closed. 

• Guests would have received a refund to the original form of payment.  
  • In the event a guest would prefer an FCC on these cancelled bookings, please note that is not possible since they are either already in the refund queue or have already been refunded. 
  • We are not able to waive Air or Hotel cancel fees as these are assessed by a third party.

Cancellations on a January 2022 sailing made on or after Jan 5, 2022

Now that the contact center is re-opened the temporary waiving of cancellation fees will end and starting Jan 5, Princess will revert to their published policy and apply cancellation fees to all cancellations.  However, for bookings on January cruises, they will give an FCC to the guests for the value of the cancellation fees on all cancelled bookings – just like they do for Book with Confidence (which continues to apply to February thru April cruises). 

• After the booking is cancelled, there is no additional action needed and no need to call the contact center.  
  • Note that it may take 7-10 business days to create the FCCs  
  • The FCC will be non-refundable and must be booked by and sailed by December 31, 2022. 
  • Air and Hotel cancel fees will be assessed, however, we will include them in the FCC amount we create. 
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

We are on the fence re our cruise at the end of February.

If we decide to cancel, do I have to contact Princess,  or how can I do it on-line?  We booked under the Cruise with Confidence option.  

Thanks so much.  

The only way to cancel is either with Princess or your TA, depending on how you booked.

If you call to cancel and know what cruise you'd like to rebook, will they transfer the FCC over to the new cruise right then or do I have to make a new deposit and  wait "months" to get the FCC posted to our account?  Also, if we make a deposit for later cruise, is it fully refundable (not FCC) before final payment?

Thank you all for the information.  It's been awhile since we've sailed on Princess but really looking forward to it.

10 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

If you call to cancel and know what cruise you'd like to rebook, will they transfer the FCC over to the new cruise right then or do I have to make a new deposit and  wait "months" to get the FCC posted to our account?  Also, if we make a deposit for later cruise, is it fully refundable (not FCC) before final payment?

Thank you all for the information.  It's been awhile since we've sailed on Princess but really looking forward to it.

Depends on how and when you cancel, inside Final Payment? Use Book-with-confidence or insurance? Assuming it is inside Final Payment, and you use Book with confidence. You must cancel and rebook. This is stated in FAQ for Book with Confidence. The new booking should look totally separate from cancelled cruise and 100% refundable before Final Payment, unless Non-refundable deposit. Eventually FCC should be applied to future cruise and credit applied to credit card.