**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

21 hours ago, day-day said:

Okay, the above was in FAQ's, I just looked at Carnival's COVID-19 Protocols and see that the three day example when the guest is "up to date" is stated differently from FAQ's and is what I remember from several days ago:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective with sailings departing as of March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test within three days prior to sailing. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, including any booster dose(s), when eligible. If a guest is fully vaccinated but not up to date with their vaccines (i.e., is eligible for a booster but has not received one), they must take their pre-cruise COVID-19 test within two days prior to sailing.

Example: If the sailing is on Saturday, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test as early as Wednesday and as late as Saturday, if guaranteed to receive results in time for check-in. A fully vaccinated guest who is not up to date with their vaccines may take their test no earlier than Thursday and as late as Saturday.

So, based on this, a Monday departure for an up to date guest would allow testing on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Thanks!  

On 3/3/2022 at 12:15 PM, RichYak said:

Answer "Yes" to the first question. It's truthful and gets you where you need to be without the travel question.

When you get your test results to present, is any information included as to how you answered the questions? I don't want to cause any red flags with Carnival and have them deny boarding.

On 3/4/2022 at 4:46 PM, DEWGirl said:

We have to wait to open the box when told to do so? So does this mean that I can't use one my test and my travel companion use the other one in the box?

The proctored tests only have one per box. The home test (not proctored and not accepted for travel) have two per box. You need the test that includes the online monitored/proctored process. Not usually available for purchase at a drug store. We bought ours online. eMed.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, Borky said:

Before boarding at the terminal:

1. Can I present my COVID test results printed on paper, or must I present the test results on my phone or in a health app?

2. Do the terminal workers just look at the test results (date and negative/positive status), or do they scan the QR code to verify that information?

We just went through terminal at Canaveral. Had printed test results and printed department of health vaccine records. None of them were scanned by the agent. Just read and marked to verify she checked them. Never showed info I had on my phone. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, acsfl said:

When you get your test results to present, is any information included as to how you answered the questions? I don't want to cause any red flags with Carnival and have them deny boarding.

No, just your test results.

35 minutes ago, Irdygirdy said:

I have the free at-home tests from the gov. Are these suitable for air to Florida and cruise to Mexico? I bring in the whole test thingy?

Nope. The honor system is not good enough. You either need to go get tested, or be supervised testing yourself by someone certified to do so.

1 hour ago, Irdygirdy said:

I have the free at-home tests from the gov. Are these suitable for air to Florida and cruise to Mexico? I bring in the whole test thingy?

Unfortunately, no. They are not, as they do not offer proctoring(a health professional viewing your test) the test itself. sorry.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Nope. The honor system is not good enough. You either need to go get tested, or be supervised testing yourself by someone certified to do so.

Thank you, that what I figured but I saw some posters referencing using at home tests, so thought I’d ask. 

32 minutes ago, Irdygirdy said:

Thank you, that what I figured but I saw some posters referencing using at home tests, so thought I’d ask. 

There are certain at-home tests that can be purchased WITH online proctoring by a health professional included. These are not the free ones given out by the government.

I'm taking my emed HOME test tomorrow morning and I'm not sure if the test result has all of the required info on it when you get it in the navica app.  Does anyone have an example of the test result you received when using this test method?  I'm not sure if we stay on the phone until the result comes through or if you hang up and wait for it.  A few people said their result paperwork from a pharmacy test (CVS/Walgreens) didn't have some info on it so they had to ask them to redo it. Not sure how you do that with the navica app test. The generic samples I've found online from Binax don't have the info on them.  The info needed is listed below. Thank you!

full legal name,

date of birth,

type of test,

date and time sample was taken,

test result stating “NEGATIVE” or “NOT DETECTED” and

laboratory, testing site, and/or healthcare provider details.

When you get tested at CVS is it the first test listed? Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)

Results in 1-2 daysLink, go to disclaimer for details.1 The most accurate test. Drive-thru test. Accepted for most travel.

or the second test? Rapid-result test

Results within hours. Vehicle not required. Some types accepted for travel.

Want to schedule whichever test Carnival accepts.  (I am assuming it is the first)

Thanks

10 hours ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

I'm taking my emed HOME test tomorrow morning and I'm not sure if the test result has all of the required info on it when you get it in the navica app.  Does anyone have an example of the test result you received when using this test method?  I'm not sure if we stay on the phone until the result comes through or if you hang up and wait for it.  A few people said their result paperwork from a pharmacy test (CVS/Walgreens) didn't have some info on it so they had to ask them to redo it. Not sure how you do that with the navica app test. The generic samples I've found online from Binax don't have the info on them.  The info needed is listed below. Thank you!

full legal name,

date of birth,

type of test,

date and time sample was taken,

test result stating “NEGATIVE” or “NOT DETECTED” and

laboratory, testing site, and/or healthcare provider details.

Well, I am done with the test and the result form looks good!

covid test result Jenn.jpg

1 hour ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

Well, I am done with the test and the result form looks good!

covid test result Jenn.jpg

How is the collection time the same as the results reported time - proctored tests take 15 minutes - wouldn't that be 15 minutes after you collected the sample?  just curious as this is what i'll be doing in 2 weeks and didn't want Carnival to flag it - 

8 hours ago, bguppies said:

When you get tested at CVS is it the first test listed? Molecular lab test (PCR / NAAT)

Results in 1-2 daysLink, go to disclaimer for details.1 The most accurate test. Drive-thru test. Accepted for most travel.

or the second test? Rapid-result test

Results within hours. Vehicle not required. Some types accepted for travel.

Want to schedule whichever test Carnival accepts.  (I am assuming it is the first)

Thanks

If you are vaccinated, the 2nd test is the best one to choose though both are accepted; results come back quickly for the Rapid-result test.

The PCR is required for unvaccinated guests; unvaccinated will also take an additional test at the port and it is a rapid test.

7 hours ago, txgranny said:

How is the collection time the same as the results reported time - proctored tests take 15 minutes - wouldn't that be 15 minutes after you collected the sample?  just curious as this is what i'll be doing in 2 weeks and didn't want Carnival to flag it - 

It is 15 minutes after you collect sample. I just finished mine

8 hours ago, day-day said:

If you are vaccinated, the 2nd test is the best one to choose though both are accepted; results come back quickly for the Rapid-result test.

The PCR is required for unvaccinated guests; unvaccinated will also take an additional test at the port and it is a rapid test.

Thanks a bunch. We're both vacinated, so its good to know either will work.

Just booked our tests on Walgreens.com, seven days out, cruising Sunday March 20, booked testing for Thurday March 17 today. Vaccinated can now get tested three days out.

Walgreens has recenlty changed the "wording" of their tests.

The 24 Hour ID NOW is now called "Rapid NAAT Test" and it states that this test is accepted for most pre-travel requirments and results are in two hours.

3 hours ago, cellfree said:

Vaccinated can now get tested three days out.

Those who are “Up to Date” can test 3 days out. If you are just “Fully Vaccinated” you must test no more than 2 days out. 

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 11:44 AM, cellfree said:

Just booked our tests on Walgreens.com, seven days out, cruising Sunday March 20, booked testing for Thurday March 17 today. Vaccinated can now get tested three days out.

Walgreens has recenlty changed the "wording" of their tests.

The 24 Hour ID NOW is now called "Rapid NAAT Test" and it states that this test is accepted for most pre-travel requirments and results are in two hours.

So is this "Rapid NAAT Test" acceptable for Carnival? That is the only rapid test my local clinic is offering.  

Yes,  used to be called Rapid ID NOW, we have used it a couple times on Carnival and on MSC. 

7 minutes ago, Cowbert said:

So is this "Rapid NAAT Test" acceptable for Carnival? That is the only rapid test my local clinic is offering.  

The only "rapid" test that my local clinic offers is the Rapid molecular (NAAT) test from Abbott ID.

Does anyone know if this Rapid NAAT test is acceptable to Carnival? I do not see that specifically stated in their testing Q&A.

The other test the clinic offers is the Standard PCR test which they suggest is suitable for travel requirements.

I would prefer a rapid test of course.  Thanks for any info.