Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

5 minutes ago, chicagolove22 said:

I got an email from Princess that pre-cruise Covid test is not required for Barcelona departure on September 24th. 

I called them to confirm, they said that it is not required.

My sister called Princess and they said that test is required.

What a mess!

Are you going to Greece on your cruise?

1 hour ago, lilac789 said:

Princess updated the Testing requirements for voyages Departing, Arriving or Visiting Greece today, Sep 19.

Still, the title contradicts the footnotes: 

Testing is required for all voyages departing from Athens, Greece.

Previous version had 'Departing, Arriving or Visiting Greece'...

I didn't get any email from Princess yet with Covid testing instructions. 

image.thumb.png.25abbead7975b669c6b586ac7f0b8dd9.png

How can they state two different things at the same time!!!  Which is it!!!! 

Who on earth works on these web updates!!!  Just unbelievable!!!

Seems they send out contradicting e-mails as well!

UGH!!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ROWSE said:

How can they state two different things at the same time!!!  Which is it!!!! 

Who on earth works on these web updates!!!  Just unbelievable!!!

Seems they send out contradicting e-mails as well!

UGH!!!

Seems as though the emails that are being sent out are general emails, not specific to your exact itinerary.

Would be more helpful to advise you to check the website for your own journey.

Or, just provide a link.

😳

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, we're heading to Sydney on a transpacific cruise from Vancouver. Canada requires us to have a negative test b4 boarding. THIS IS A GENERAL SITE. You're on the wrong website! Go to the website for your specific cruise and ask there.

Edited by frodo1

2 minutes ago, Sandipalms said:

10 day Mexico out of LA, not an enhanced cruise, vaccinated, test or no test?  I thought no test, but my summary shows test.  
Wish this wasn’t so difficult to understand.

Your cruise no test.

Voyages Departing from the United States, United Kingdom & Europe*

Updated: September 6, 2022

Vaccination Status

Definition by Country's Health Authority

Pre-Travel Test Type &
When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Testing not required

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated are welcome to cruise. If cruise includes a Canadian port, an additional medical exemption is needed.

Self-administered Antigen OR medically assisted Antigen or PCR within 3 days

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Seems as though the emails that are being sent out are general emails, not specific to your exact itinerary.

Would be more helpful to advise you to check the website for your own journey.

Or, just provide a link.

😳

This is crazy!  😬   As long as the title states "Departing, Arriving, or Visiting"  we are stuck with testing.  I hope this gets clarified before we board the Regal on Oct 26th.

• Like 1

Thanks LACruiser88,  that’s what I  was reading.  I hope it gets clarified for your voyage as well.  I guess I take a proctored test in case get to pier and they want one.  This is first time not needing a test this year.  
For cruise this weekend my summary is stating I need a test, it wasn’t showing a test necessary last week.  Princess thought they simplified it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frodo1 said:

No, we're heading to Sydney on a transpacific cruise from Vancouver. Canada requires us to have a negative test b4 boarding. THIS IS A GENERAL SITE. You're on the wrong website! Go to the website for your specific cruise and ask there.

I was asking the question to the post by

@chicagolove22

Not you.  I know what this thread is, as I try to help others.

2 hours ago,  chicagolove22 said: 

I got an email from Princess that pre-cruise Covid test is not required for Barcelona departure on September 24th. 

I called them to confirm, they said that it is not required.

My sister called Princess and they said that test is required.

What a mess!

1 hour ago, frodo1 said:

1 hour ago, frodo1 said:

On 9/16/2022 at 2:18 PM, frodo1 said:

Thx Steelers36! We're in Victoria BC; we're quadruple jabbed and we do carry test kits; but don't have a supervised (proctored?) Test Kit. We've been traveling for almost 6 months on a RTW trip. Had a Pharmacist's RAT in Rome for EU15 and hoped for advice as to how we could get a similar test here.

While I'd rather do a store-managed test, if I don't hear for someone who knows where to get such a test in Victoria, I'll head for a Pharmacy Store and inquire about the 'proctored' test

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

This is crazy!  😬   As long as the title states "Departing, Arriving, or Visiting"  we are stuck with testing.  I hope this gets clarified before we board the Regal on Oct 26th.

As fast as things are changing, it may also change. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Tagging @ROWSE.  I will also post this on our RC.

Okay folks reading here on the GREECE update today that is still confusing.  Well, you can pop the champagne because by tonight, it is the Header of the Greece section that was not updated and should be.  Here is a section of my CHAT:

STEELERS36 9:58:40 PM
I want to know if you are well experienced with it and then I will give you the scenario...

Mark troy 9:59:20 PM
I see..Sure, yes you may.

STEELERS36 10:00:23 PM
Ok, Mark..... So the GREECE exception section for testing was updated today from it's original August 16 version. Greece is an exception case to Europe in general .......... <more>

Mark troy 10:01:15 PM
Yes, I see..That's correct.

STEELERS36 10:01:21 PM
So, the AUG 16 version was requiring in-person by a medical person, plus a written report, for any guest Departing from Greece, Ending in Greece, or just visiting Greece ports..... <more>

STEELERS36 10:02:17 PM
The new version today, SEEMS to be trying to clarify that testing is now just for Greece DEPARTURES and the test is still in-person with written hardcopy report.

STEELERS36 10:02:24 PM
BUT it is not really clear.

STEELERS36 10:02:43 PM
The section Header still lists Depart, Arrive, Visit

STEELERS36 10:03:04 PM
But the text below talks about the in-person test as for Departures only.

STEELERS36 10:03:07 PM
Soooooo

Mark troy 10:03:07 PM
I knew it...Let me check this one, Checking resources..One moment please!

STEELERS36 10:03:35 PM
it isn't clear if a test is still req'd for port calls only and therefore that type of situation can be an online test.

OR...

whether the idea was to change the whole thing and only have a test if departing from Greece and ports call default back to the general Europe protocol which means no test at all

STEELERS36 10:04:33 PM
I am talking about fully vaxxed with booster

STEELERS36 10:04:55 PM
I have given all I can give for now .. END info from me so far

Mark troy 10:05:15 PM
No problem. Thanks you for all the details. Checking now...

Mark troy 10:05:35 PM
No worries. Please wait for me on the line. Ill give you an accurate and clear response.

STEELERS36 10:06:27 PM
Just a but more background. PCL had the Greece thing wrong in AUG 16. It was way over-done and no other line was doing it that way, especially HAL - sister line with shared Medical Dept

STEELERS36 10:06:33 PM
NP

Mark troy 10:07:20 PM
I see..Glad you know those details though...Still checking resources and for good measure, will check this on my colleagues.

STEELERS36 10:08:37 PM
One other point ... The new change makes sense if it is trying to state that in -person test is for Greece Departs only. For port calls, either no test req'd at all, or antigen self or online would do. OKay, I will shut up now... LOL

Mark troy 10:12:07 PM
No worries. i appreciate your feedback. Feel free to say something more if you think it could help you understand the policies, and we will raise it to our Management. As per colleagues and our resources, as per this day, September 19, testing is now only required for you, if your voyages will leave at Athens Greece. if you have a port of call in Athens, port in Greece, or arriving in Greece, testing is no longer required.

Mark troy 10:12:33 PM
wait, Ill answer more of your questions...

STEELERS36 10:13:39 PM
I understand what you have typed, but if you look at the section on Princess.com Cruise Health page, it isn't completely clear. I do agree that if it was not truly changed to what you typed above, why would they update the section (as there would be no change)?

Mark troy 10:13:58 PM
Yes, we do acknowledge that, the header section isn't just updated.

STEELERS36 10:14:12 PM
Can you please advise where you got the info to type back to me that NO TEST is required for voyages that only have Greece port call(s)?

Mark troy 10:14:22 PM
So from now on, testing for Greek Voyages will only require if cruise is leaving at Athens.

STEELERS36 10:14:33 PM
WOW!!! So I am right!! The header was supposed to be updated as well??!!!

STEELERS36 10:14:42 PM
WOOH HOOO!!!

STEELERS36 10:15:01 PM
So someone at Princess has definitely clarified this by this evening then?

Mark troy 10:15:07 PM
Yes it is.,..we do apologise. We have filed a ticket to our website team to raise that as well.

STEELERS36 10:15:15 PM
Great news!!!!

STEELERS36 10:16:00 PM
So, I can take this to the bank?? You definitely have info internally that no testing for Greece port calls and section should get updated again?

Mark troy 10:16:47 PM
Sadly we do have internal resources to share, but these are not shareable to guests for now, because the resource we have, is simply coming from the website. and only have our superiors that have received memos from our management, pertaining to the updates. That is why my answer is coming from my superior.

Mark troy 10:16:57 PM
Yes, you may.

Mark troy 10:17:18 PM
You can still call or chat us for updates if any.

STEELERS36 10:17:40 PM
Terrific.. no I wasn't asking you to send me something internal that you cannot. What you have said is good enough for me in terms of internal communications

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since we’re stopping in Canada on our October 9 cruise, we will need to get a COVID test.  We don’t have any places that do rapid antigen in person unless you pay a lot, so we’re going to a local lab to do a PCR test.they said the results usually come back by the end of the next day.  Medicare covers it.  We’ll do it 72 hours before, so that should give us time before we embark.  Has anyone here done a PCR test and had any issues getting the results in time for your cruise?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Linsifer said:

Since we’re stopping in Canada on our October 9 cruise, we will need to get a COVID test.  We don’t have any places that do rapid antigen in person unless you pay a lot, so we’re going to a local lab to do a PCR test.they said the results usually come back by the end of the next day.  Medicare covers it.  We’ll do it 72 hours before, so that should give us time before we embark.  Has anyone here done a PCR test and had any issues getting the results in time for your cruise?

Where are you based? We’re in Australia and flying to Vancouver in may 2023 so will be in same boat (pun intended lol) but hoping by then it might have changed. 

however we’re planning on flying in Monday 1st for leaving Saturday 6th may, so leaving plenty of time for delays, tests etc

Just now, Cbtours said:

Where are you based? We’re in Australia and flying to Vancouver in may 2023 so will be in same boat (pun intended lol) but hoping by then it might have changed. 

however we’re planning on flying in Monday 1st for leaving Saturday 6th may, so leaving plenty of time for delays, tests etc

We’re in California and will be sailing from San Francisco.  We’ll drive to the port.  We have appts. for the PCR on Thursday October 6 and embark on Sunday October 9.  Fingers crossed the results are back in time.  Hopefully by May 2023 the protocol in Canada will have loosened. 

• Like 1