Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

10 minutes ago, CdnCrooser said:

You are within 1 day of boarding so any time today as long as you will have the results back on time.

Yeah. But they only had a 9:07. I grabbed it. Trying to reach Princess for info. Chat is unaware of update

I just had a 40 minute conversation with Princess. She checked with her 'higher ups' and I am redoing my test at 9:07. FWIW I am Up To Date with 2 boosters, last one on 4/1/22. Apparently it is now 2 days for PCR or Antigen for both fully vaccinatedand up to date. She also referred to 72 hrs but no one really knows

Emailing my CVP but she doesn't get in until 10.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Screenshot_20220422-061657_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b1bb269cd2691aebd634edd6a66fa308.jpg

Up to date with 2 boosters. Do I grab that 9:07 testing slot this morning?? Boarding tomorrow 

Oh, and chat is unaware of contradicting website info on Princess.com 

Why have you waited till now ?

5 hours ago, erber said:

What a rollercoaster....thanks for the detailed responses on testing requirements, arriveCan app instructions, etc. You are so helpful! I 2ish the authorities and a princess would just get their act together and have consistent requirements so there is no uncertainty as to testing requirements.

We are vaccinated and boosted and are going with the 3 day rule for testing requirements at this point but will order through Optum or Emed as a back up just in case. 

Excellent!

3 hours ago, RECPILOT said:
  1. Can I book my own hotel if I am required to quarantine post-disembarkation before returning home?
    It will depend on local requirements. In general, guests are provided a list of hotel options to make their own their own accommodations and submit for reimbursement to their travel insurance. Reasonable expenses declined by insurance will be eligible for reimbursement. Expenses incurred after you are cleared for onward travel shall be the guests’ responsibility for optional extensions.

Thanks for the Cruise with Confidence update

1 hour ago, erber said:

ugh . Which is it? 2 days or 3 days for PCR if vaccinated and up to date? They need to clarify this. Or is the 72 hour rule back? This is craziness. 

Agree.  If it is indeed a "new" changed requirement, from experience with Princess reps, their "handy dandy" books or data bases have not been updated.  It is so difficult to get the correct information in a timely manner!

Hello.

Apologies... I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere. If so, could you please provide a link to the post. 

We are on a 21 night itinerary on the Regal Princess from Barcelona to Barcelona in August. It's actually three 7 night cruises (with stops in Rome, and Athens to embark/disembark new passengers). Does anyone know if/when additional required Covid testing will be done onboard during the 21 days?

Thank you so much 🙂 

10 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello.

Apologies... I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere. If so, could you please provide a link to the post. 

We are on a 21 night itinerary on the Regal Princess from Barcelona to Barcelona in August. It's actually three 7 night cruises (with stops in Rome, and Athens to embark/disembark new passengers). Does anyone know if/when additional required Covid testing will be done onboard during the 21 days?

Thank you so much 🙂 

These FAQs for Sailings from Europe might be a starting point.  However, no guarantees on accuracy or any future changes!

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/eu-cruises/

I can only give you information from my past experience with cruises originating in Seattle last year, and San Pedro in January this year.  We completed six back to backs (42 days) in Majestic in January 2022, and at that time, the day before each cruise ended in San Pedro, we were give an antigen test.  Tested negative each time but very stressful waiting for the result...the mimosas helped!  Those were the days when wearing a mask was mandatory except while eating or drinking or in your cabin.

I believe there is an FAQ with regard to back to backs in the European section.  But your cruise is not until August,  Everything is subject to change.🙂

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I just had a 40 minute conversation with Princess. She checked with her 'higher ups' and I am redoing my test at 9:07. FWIW I am Up To Date with 2 boosters, last one on 4/1/22. Apparently it is now 2 days for PCR or Antigen for both fully vaccinatedand up to date. She also referred to 72 hrs but no one really knows

Emailing my CVP but she doesn't get in until 10.

Sometimes I'll print out the changes in the FAQs but not in the Health Protocols section.  But a shot in the dark, does anyone remember what the Testing Requirements for US in the Health Protocols section was prior to 21 April 2022?  I know, a stretch, but you never know! 

NAAT ACCEPTED ON PRINCESS??  I apologize if this has been asked and answered.  We are sailing on the Majestic on April 30 out of San Pedro.  On Walgreens website it offers PCR or Rapid NAAT test.  Is the Rapid NAAT test accepted by Princess?  the results for that are 2 hours and the results for PCR is up to 48 hours.  Thank you in advance for a response.

7 minutes ago, Mike & Zen said:

These FAQs for Sailings from Europe might be a starting point.  However, no guarantees on accuracy or any future changes!

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/eu-cruises/

I can only give you information from my past experience with cruises originating in Seattle last year, and San Pedro in January this year.  We completed six back to backs (42 days) in Majestic in January 2022, and at that time, the day before each cruise ended in San Pedro, we were give an antigen test.  Tested negative each time but very stressful waiting for the result...the mimosas helped!  Those were the days when wearing a mask was mandatory except while eating or drinking or in your cabin.

I believe there is an FAQ with regard to back to backs in the European section.  But your cruise is not until August,  Everything is subject to change.🙂

Thank you for the info. I read the FAQ for European cruises and it states the following:

image.thumb.png.3f295d41452934306e2e0f289cac6f69.png

Question though. We booked the cruise as a 21 night itinerary (i.e not B to B to B), so will they still need to test us?

3 hours ago, RECPILOT said:

Looks like the cruise with confidence has changed. 

It use to say princess would arrange and provide transportation to the hotel. This was a requirement. Here is what is now says. Basically it sounds like your on your own.

• A letter will be provided at the pier or by our shipboard team prior to disembarkation. If isolation is required at the end port of the cruise, the ship Guest Services team will provide guests a list of hotels and internet access so impacted guests can make their own hotel arrangements. If denied boarding, shoreside staff will provide the list to guests for them to make their own hotel arrangements, instructions for requesting reimbursement of eligible expenses and contact information for assistance with onward flight arrangements.

Good to know!

Also check here https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/covid-19-protection-program/ 

BEFORE update

image.png.7771ad53be5f5f7941a4f4d4f5d62ad1.png

AFTER update

6. Can I book my own hotel if I am required to quarantine post-disembarkation before returning home?
It will depend on local requirements. In general, guests are provided a list of hotel options to make their own their own accommodations and submit for reimbursement to their travel insurance. Reasonable expenses declined by insurance will be eligible for reimbursement. Expenses incurred after you are cleared for onward travel shall be the guests’ responsibility for optional extensions.

1 minute ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Thank you for the info. I read the FAQ for European cruises and it states the following:

image.thumb.png.3f295d41452934306e2e0f289cac6f69.png

Question though. We booked the cruise as a 21 night itinerary (i.e not B to B to B), so will they still need to test us?

Yes, I believe you would be included.  It would make sense to me.  Any one done a back to back as a single 14 day cruise.   Our FAQ stated that also, but always tested in the ship.

8 minutes ago, jandnmn said:

NAAT ACCEPTED ON PRINCESS??  I apologize if this has been asked and answered.  We are sailing on the Majestic on April 30 out of San Pedro.  On Walgreens website it offers PCR or Rapid NAAT test.  Is the Rapid NAAT test accepted by Princess?  the results for that are 2 hours and the results for PCR is up to 48 hours.  Thank you in advance for a response.

In Princess FAQs:

Guests must take a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) viral test that's either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).

• Antigen tests include:
    • Rapid antigen
    • Viral antigen
    • Antigen chromatographic digital immunoassay
    • Antigen chemiluminescence immunoassay
    • Antigen lateral flow fluorescence
  • Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT) include:
    • Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
    • Reverse transcription real-time PCR (RT-PCR)
    • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
    • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
    • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
    • Molecular test or molecular diagnostic
    • Isothermal amplification
    • Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
    • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)

2 minutes ago, Mike & Zen said:

Yes, I believe you would be included.  It would make sense to me.  Any one done a back to back as a single 14 day cruise.   Our FAQ stated that also, but always tested in the ship.

Thank you. So they tested you on the ship the day before. Were you required to disembark  and get back on each time?

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Screenshot_20220422-061657_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b1bb269cd2691aebd634edd6a66fa308.jpg

Up to date with 2 boosters. Do I grab that 9:07 testing slot this morning?? Boarding tomorrow 

Oh, and chat is unaware of contradicting website info on Princess.com 

im still seeing 3 days on the faq. Which is correct? 

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

13 minutes ago, jandnmn said:

Had no issue presenting this Walgreen's Rapid NAAT test result to Princess in San Pedro on April 9.  

1 minute ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Thank you. So they tested you on the ship the day before. Were you required to disembark  and get back on each time?

Yes, you could either disembark early as some of our friends did to do some shopping.  If you didn't go ashore earlier, we would meet as a group around 0930 or so in the Crown Grill area, and be taken through immigration that used the new facial recognition...it was so quick.  Then we went back into the terminal and waiting in the in transit area until we re-boarded any where from 1000 to 1030.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, amby6063 said:

im still seeing 3 days on the faq. Which is correct? 

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

I believe some posters are looking into this discrepancy now.  As I stated before, from my experience, Princess reps haven't had any new changes in their info packages/data bases in a timely manner. 

42 minutes ago, erber said:

Check out this latest article from Canada regarding relaxation of international travel requirements in Canada. 

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/04/22/no-covid-test-unvaccinated-kids-under-12-entering-canada/

It looks like a quarantine plan is no longer going to be required in ArriveCan.

Thoughts?

A big Yes.  I just got off the phone with an ArriveCAN agent to confirm that effective 25 Apr 2022 if you are fully vaccinated, you do not have to fill out the Quarantine plan part of ArriveCAN. 

I asked him will the ArriveCAN  be updated 25 Apr 2022, he laughed and said a very good question, I was waiting for that.  He said he doesn't know, yet.  My best "guess" it should be or shortly thereafter, as it comes into effect 25 Apr 2022.  And on the ArriveCAN website the new date at the bottom states 22 Apr 2022.  Good news!  Changes are coming in everywhere now, lol

Starting April 25, 2022, the following people will no longer be required to provide quarantine plans when travelling to Canada:

• fully vaccinated travellers
  • children aged 5-11 (who are accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent/guardian)
  • those with a medical contraindication to COVID-19 vaccination

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, erber said:

Check out this latest article from Canada regarding relaxation of international travel requirements in Canada. 

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/04/22/no-covid-test-unvaccinated-kids-under-12-entering-canada/

It looks like a quarantine plan is no longer going to be required in ArriveCan.

Thoughts?

And thanks for mentioning that!