If anyone on a CCL ship reads this, How's the crew situation look to you on your ship?

MrMarc

16 minutes ago, Virga said:

I have friends onboard the Mardi Gras (debarking as I type, I suspect) and I know a lot of our favorite staff members from our last Mardi Gras cruise have been 'on vacation' for their sailing.  They both mentioned that it has seemed like the remaining staff is dealing with more than the usual share of incredibly rude passengers.  Will be interested to see what others have been noticing.

I was on the cruise for NYE. When Costa Maya was cancelled it was not a pleasant day.

People were taking their anger out on the Tiki Bar bar tenders 😞

I remember having a conversation that having to wait for a free drink in the middle of the ocean, where the weather is 88 degrees, is way better then being at home, at work, in the snow.

• Like 2

Just now, firefly333 said:

I'm really sorry to hear carnival pax are acting this way too. Rcl pax posters indicate they have been divas onboard, not being grateful or happy. The I'm just glad to cruise disappeared all the sudden. 

Thought from posts here carnival pax rolling with the punches much more. If shows cancelled, they scream, rcl advertises top shows, I didnt get my money's worth .. like shows are cancelled for no reasons. Sad carnival pax acting the same way. Hopefully after the holidays people calm down. 

I'm hopeful for the same - I really feel like everyone cruising right now ought to be fully aware of the covid related risk.  It's not just risk of infection - there are likely to be all sorts of related restrictions, limitations, and yes, probably even some absolute service fails. That is all completely outside the crew's control - they don't deserve the mistreatment just because cruisers didn't adequately weigh ALL the risks inherent in cruising right now.  They're still trying so hard to help you enjoy the festivities that ARE still available - why beat them up over things they don't have a hand in?

• Like 10

Our server said 900 passengers scheduled on the next sailing. 

So far the guests on the ship have been fine. Tge cruise director said this has been the most compliant group out of his 8 sailings. 

We had 3 ports- Nassau, Freeport and princess cay. No issues. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Virga said:

I have friends onboard the Mardi Gras (debarking as I type, I suspect) and I know a lot of our favorite staff members from our last Mardi Gras cruise have been 'on vacation' for their sailing.  They both mentioned that it has seemed like the remaining staff is dealing with more than the usual share of incredibly rude passengers.  Will be interested to see what others have been noticing.

The first rounds of contracts are expiring.  I was on just before Christmas and two bartenders we chatted up were on their last cruise.  A few more had between 15-45 days.  Even Nichola at the Alchemy who I would classify as the lead bartender there since the inaugural sailing stated he had 40 days left.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ray98 said:

The first rounds of contracts are expiring.  I was on just before Christmas and two bartenders we chatted up were on their last cruise.  A few more had between 15-45 days.  Even Nichola at the Alchemy who I would classify as the lead bartender there since the inaugural sailing stated he had 40 days left.

I know one of our favorites was supposed to be leaving at the end of January, but was on vacation this week.  I also know a couple other of our favorites were due to transfer out in December - I think at least one of those actually did make it to their new posting, based on a vague Facebook post.  I haven't checked in with my friends since they returned home, but I'm hoping they leaned a little more.  

13 hours ago, SOPHIHEYY said:

Just off the Mardi Gras today, we heard about no covid cases onboard from any staff or passengers. They keep it very hush but imagine there had to be some. 

I was watching the Carnival Dream today on webcam.  A small van pulled up to the crew gangway and 15 passengers got in, including 2 children. The departing guests were in small groups. This was not a disembarkation procedure I have seen in the past. My GUESS is that those 15 people were covid positive and this was the process to insure they were isolated from the general ship population.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SOPHIHEYY said:

Just off the Mardi Gras today, we heard about no covid cases onboard from any staff or passengers. They keep it very hush but imagine there had to be some. 

I was on the Mardi Gras the week before.

They were very good to keep Covid quiet.

But if you happened to have a cabin on Deck 4 and 5 and tried to walk to the back of the ship you'd find the quarantine rooms.

I've mentioned this before that they aren't announcing all the other medical emergencies on board. so why talk about Covid?

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 12:45 PM, cocomango said:

Our server said 900 passengers scheduled on the next sailing. 

So far the guests on the ship have been fine. Tge cruise director said this has been the most compliant group out of his 8 sailings. 

We had 3 ports- Nassau, Freeport and princess cay. No issues. 

I noticed that too. The crowd was overall pretty chill, and mask compliance was super high. I can't think of any one point where I saw someone without a mask on indoors. It was a pleasant surprise

• Like 3

Just got off Legend. 

Mask compliance was mostly good in most places except the buffet area. We'd go there aroung 9 pm after the buffet closed and there were a lot of folks, mostly older ones without a mask,  playing cards.  This morning when we were waiting to disembark, so many people with no masks indoors and not eating anymore by that time. We ended up waiting by the pool area despite the cold.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:07 AM, firefly333 said:

I'm really sorry to hear carnival pax are acting this way too. Rcl pax posters indicate they have been divas onboard, not being grateful or happy. The I'm just glad to cruise disappeared all the sudden. 

Thought from posts here carnival pax rolling with the punches much more. If shows cancelled, they scream, rcl advertises top shows, I didnt get my money's worth .. like shows are cancelled for no reasons. Sad carnival pax acting the same way. Hopefully after the holidays people calm down. 

On 1/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, K_e_short said:

I was on the cruise for NYE. When Costa Maya was cancelled it was not a pleasant day.

People were taking their anger out on the Tiki Bar bar tenders 😞

Oh, this is so disappointing.  Why can't people just be thankful to even be able to cruise in the first place AND to just be kind to others????  So sad.  Some people just like to complain I guess.  Crew members are just doing the best they can - I hate to see people treat them that way - or anyone for that matter.  😢

• Like 2